Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any stories of new/converted fans (esp kids)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any stories of new/converted fans (esp kids)
    Posted: 01 April 2018 at 4:33pm
For the good of the soul, I wondered if anyone had any good stories of converts since last year's Pro 12 play-off; especially kids. I'm hoping there have been lots and that the buzz at local schools about Scarlets has increased a lot.
Sponsored Links

Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 5:00pm
Well it would have been good for my soul   
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 6:58pm
It may be that the story takes a while to evolve.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Pentigili View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentigili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 8:36pm
I have been doing missionary work for years in North Pembrokeshire where there has always been a strong Osprey following. I think there is definitely a swing to the Scarlets now far more red shirts to be seen it's been hard work but I think we are on the up!!!!
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 8:56pm
At work there’s a fair few who used to say ‘your boys’ about the Scarlets that now say ‘we’, but truth is they aren’t converts, just hangers on
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 11:40pm
while youre waiting to fully convert...be grateful for hangers on
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 7:58am
Agree Roy - good chance they could become converted in time (or at least come and watch one or two games a season)
RedZep View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RedZep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Rich (Bris) Rich (Bris) wrote:

For the good of the soul, I wondered if anyone had any good stories of converts since last year's Pro 12 play-off; especially kids. I'm hoping there have been lots and that the buzz at local schools about Scarlets has increased a lot.

I'll share this with you as I'm concerned for your soul! Since the final last year I have 8 x friends who now attend - 2 attend games when they can, 4 are brand new season ticket holders one of whom is a nine year old and the other 2 are returning season ticket holders from the old Stradey days.
'' Know your three R's, son..... Rugby, Rock and Ridin'!! ''
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 12:46pm
Fantastic!! Thanks RedZep - my soul now feels a good deal better.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Pentigili Pentigili wrote:

I have been doing missionary work for years in North Pembrokeshire where there has always been a strong Osprey following. I think there is definitely a swing to the Scarlets now far more red shirts to be seen it's been hard work but I think we are on the up!!!!

Da iawn ti!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
glyndwr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glyndwr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 9:32pm
I've found myself switching allegiances over the course of the past few seasons having been living here since last Spring and the better half's family being die hard Scarlets fans. Having been born and raised in Swansea I've always had a soft spot for Llanelli/Scarlets in the mid 2000's when I worked in Gorseinon rugby club as they were always the preferred team to Ospreys in the clubhouse
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2018 at 9:06am
Originally posted by glyndwr glyndwr wrote:

I've found myself switching allegiances over the course of the past few seasons having been living here since last Spring and the better half's family being die hard Scarlets fans. Having been born and raised in Swansea I've always had a soft spot for Llanelli/Scarlets in the mid 2000's when I worked in Gorseinon rugby club as they were always the preferred team to Ospreys in the clubhouse
Welcome 🙏
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2018 at 2:52pm
Took my 7 year old daughter to her very first Scarlets game against Glasgow, and she's not stopped going on about when can we go back Thumbs Up. She absolutely loved the barn, and was even trying to sing "Yma o Hyd" and "Sosban Fach" during the game. ClapClapClap

Scarlets!!!
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2018 at 3:04pm
took the landlord of our local to the la Rochelle game he's a brummie and he thoroughly enjoyed it he even plays yma o hyd in the pub or as he calls it my Yamaha is broken.LOL
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2018 at 3:09pm
are you going nige to Dublin?
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2018 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

are you going nige to Dublin?
No steve had a crap winter weather wise so pretty skint,we will be in the dogs home tenby watching the game.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic