Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Racism claim

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 12:25pm
It’s been picked up from one tweet to the Scarlets. Nothing to do with this forum. Yes it is disappointing that our so called “national media” choose to run this very minor story. I would rather that they’d picked up on that very superb video of the La Rochelle fans visit to the Scarlets instead, but hey ho, we’ve never been flavour of the month with the Fail and the Beeb just copies their stories lazily.

Can I kindly request that we all untwist our knickers now.
Sponsored Links

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 12:45pm
Wales online uses this forum for ‘articles’ that’s a definite. My favourite recent main story which typifies it is a woman from Blackpool trying to trace a Welshman who she had a one night stand with in a flat above a Chinese restaurant. She wants to find him for her daughters sake. Epic.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 12:46pm

Edited by Speedy - 04 April 2018 at 9:40am
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

It’s been picked up from one tweet to the Scarlets. Nothing to do with this forum. Yes it is disappointing that our so called “national media” choose to run this very minor story. I would rather that they’d picked up on that very superb video of the La Rochelle fans visit to the Scarlets instead, but hey ho, we’ve never been flavour of the month with the Fail and the Beeb just copies their stories lazily.

My knickers are fine, However if i was to spread unfounded gossip from such a position of power to tarnish good names and reputations I think I might be accountable at some point for it?

Dont you think?

I am talking the duty of media to check evidence, and not to fan flames of internet trolls.

If what is accused is true, then its extremely serious, its a crime.

There for if a crime has been witnessed and not reported to the proper authorities, and rather scuttled out in the media first it in itself is a punishable act. Then that fact alone tells me all i need to know about the agenda.

All they’ve done is reported a tweet. They know it’s going to wind up. That’s the point.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 2:09pm

My knickers are fine, However if i was to spread unfounded gossip from such a position of power to tarnish good names and reputations I think I might be accountable at some point for it?

Dont you think?

I am talking the duty of media to check evidence, and not to fan flames of internet trolls.

There for if a crime has been witnessed and not reported to the proper authorities, and rather scuttled out in the media first it in itself is a punishable act. Then that fact alone tells me all i need to know about the agenda.

All they’ve done is reported a tweet. They know it’s going to wind up. That’s the point.

Yeap agreed. My point is if inaccurate they should be accountable on some level. If we register official complaints back it forces them.
9331101972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9331101972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 2:22pm
I am not surprised that the BBC Wales has jumped on a negative rugby story. It has been clear to me for some time that the BBC Newsroom has become obsessed with football ant is downplaying rugby continually. They will take every trivial event from anywhere to conduct a phone on football but rugby in their world is not our national sport. I bet though that tomorrow The Jason Mohammed programme will focus on the unfounded racism allegation.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 2:23pm

Dont you think?

Yeap agreed. My point is if inaccurate they should be accountable on some level. If we register official complaints back it forces them.

9331101972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9331101972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 2:24pm
Phone in
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 2:28pm
Sorry guys, this is really bad. If some fans post comments on Twitter claiming that they've heard racist chants that is appauling, and will be reported on, and quite rightly so to. We as decent fans should ablsoutley be united in our condemnation of it.

I'm disgusted and deeply saddened that such behaviour if found to be true could have come from Scarlets 'fans'. Whether we like it or not our reputation has been tarnished and we should treat this with the utmost seriousness, which I'm glad to see the Scarlets are doing.

If anyone saw or heard these individuals or has any information as to their identity they should inform the region imo. EPRC are invovled now and I dont know, but we could fined I guess?

The Scarlets are going to investigate these claims and I suggest they start with the people who Tweeted about it, who hopefully can help identify the culprits. They need to be identified and banned for life.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 2:37pm

Nothing against him, he seems a nice guy. but some of his posts have been questionable. Either he is muddled. Or now looking at what he has posted, was a plant all along? But thats the cynic in me.

........and people may disagree, but then i have his actual posts on Gwlad to back this up....which seems is all the evidence one needs to tarnish an organisations reputation at the drop of an enter key.......(presses enter)

Just reading the comments here about me. Wow. I appreciate we are all Scarlets fans and want to defend the club. If we don't who will, right? But I am responding to an article on WOL and a response by the Scarlets. We all agree we don't want this nonsesne at PYS. But do we just ignore it and not talk about it?

And Speedy (and others), no need for the insults. You were the first person to respond to my initial post on the other thread with a thumbs up, for goodness sake. Its a valid point. I'm also not a plant. I am a Bigyn boy. I actually know a couple of the regulars on this forum (well, at least they appear in the pics of Scarlets fans here). 
Scarlets before Wales
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 3:14pm
Fwiw, ScarletBear has been a solid, sound, member of Fever for many years, imo.

He posts sensible stuff objectively.

More like him would be welcome.

Edited by Eastern outpost - 02 April 2018 at 3:14pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 3:43pm
Sorry, but a sense of proportion is needed here. One guy has tweeted and one replied in the affirmative. The club have said they’ll investigate and EPRC are working with the club.

NOBODY thinks racist behaviour is acceptable and everyone who has commented on it has condemned what is in all likelihood the handfull of muppets responsible. However we do not need to get out the sackcloth and ashes. A bunch of twll-dyn’s who probably never turn up for other games does not constitute a problem with racism at the Scarlets.

With that context in mind I really find WoL’s preparedness and swift jumping on what is one person posting a perfectly valid tweet and making a deliberately vague headline out of it about the Scarlets investigating “racist chanting” as if we were all at it deeply irritating.

As far as I’m concerned a straightforward complaint has been made, the Scarlets have the matter in hand, WoL can go to hell and the rest of us fans, if we should ever see such behaviour, can do the right thing and report the muppets responsible. Other than that there is nothing else to say.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Nothing against him, he seems a nice guy. but some of his posts have been questionable. Either he is muddled. Or now looking at what he has posted, was a plant all along? But thats the cynic in me.

........and people may disagree, but then i have his actual posts on Gwlad to back this up....which seems is all the evidence one needs to tarnish an organisations reputation at the drop of an enter key.......(presses enter)

Just reading the comments here about me. Wow. I appreciate we are all Scarlets fans and want to defend the club. If we don't who will, right? But I am responding to an article on WOL and a response by the Scarlets. We all agree we don't want this nonsesne at PYS. But do we just ignore it and not talk about it?

And Speedy (and others), no need for the insults. You were the first person to respond to my initial post on the other thread with a thumbs up, for goodness sake. Its a valid point. I'm also not a plant. I am a Bigyn boy. I actually know a couple of the regulars on this forum (well, at least they appear in the pics of Scarlets fans here). 

Sorry, its an emotional issue after an emotional weekend. I did say "the cynic in me" I also said, "he seems a nice guy" iirc. My line of questioning was based on someone telling me you were the source picked up on, and that being based in the usa, how were your tweets being used to runaway with a story, and why hadnt it been reported to authorities at the time to deal with the culprites. Thats still my stance on the matter.

Why, if people witnessed these acts didnt they report to steward to remove them? Rather than go on twitter?
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 4:18pm

Sorry, but a sense of proportion is needed here. One guy has tweeted and one replied in the affirmative. The club have said they’ll investigate and EPRC are working with the club.

NOBODY thinks racist behaviour is acceptable and everyone who has commented on it has condemned what is in all likelihood the handfull of muppets responsible. However we do not need to get out the sackcloth and ashes. A bunch of twll-dyn’s who probably never turn up for other games does not constitute a problem with racism at the Scarlets.

With that context in mind I really find WoL’s preparedness and swift jumping on what is one person posting a perfectly valid tweet and making a deliberately vague headline out of it about the Scarlets investigating “racist chanting” as if we were all at it deeply irritating.

As far as I’m concerned a straightforward complaint has been made, the Scarlets have the matter in hand, WoL can go to hell and the rest of us fans, if we should ever see such behaviour, can do the right thing and report the muppets responsible. Other than that there is nothing else to say.

The problem is, whilst we know that, the media will quite happily look for the tiniest of negative story everytime. 

Perhaps i should take to twitter next time i hear a sheep noise from someone towards me in england.....I trust the beeb will run with that story too.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 4:22pm

The problem is, whilst we know that, the media will quite happily look for the tiniest of negative story everytime. 

Perhaps i should take to twitter next time i hear a sheep noise from someone towards me in england.....I trust the beeb will run with that story too.
Come on mate seriously?
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Come on mate seriously?

Look I understand thats a controversial way to word my point. But thats what we are talking about here. 

Moving forward, I think with these extra crowds we are getting some visual warnings of conduct expected when supporting the Scarlets is needed pitch side and in the concourse.

Its far too damaging for these idiots to come here on a one off, cause this carnage and damage our reputation as a family friendly, all inclusive rugby club.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic