Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Racism claim

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by thommo thommo wrote:

Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

ffs, what a crock of poo! "claims of racist chants were made from "fans online"" 

Do go and suck a [beep]ing dick BBC.

It was posted on here speedy which I think was the wrong approach. The club should have been contacted directly and people have a responsibility to be savvy on what they post. This is not a criticism of the the post just that it should have been handled far more professionally.

Not sure this comment has put you in the best of light speedy. Not exactly setting an example of calm rational fans?
Sponsored Links

Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 5:22pm
Is there any proof in this or just someone stirring poo. Plenty of random people at the game to cause a stir so I'm not worried unless it's true
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 5:23pm
I understand where Speedy is coming from. 
When there's racist chants at professional football every weekend it seems very harsh that this extremely rare and unsubstantiated story has made WOL, BBC and the Times. 
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 5:36pm
Hasn't taken the trolls long on WoL, to tarnish the club and fans stating the club has an obvious problem with racist's and tarnishing the reputation of walea
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 5:43pm
When identified, which I’m sure the handful of idiots will be, I hope the tweeter will be happy to provide a formal statement to the police so these people can be prosecuted for their actions.

Edited by Mike - 02 April 2018 at 5:43pm
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 5:51pm
When Basteraud made a homophobic comment the other day nobody criticed the media for commenting on it then. Look the tweeters up guys, dont look like trolls to me. If they say they heard the noises and comments it cannot be ignored I'm afraid. And once its on social media, its out there. The Scarlets are taking these reports seriously. So should we.

Imo the issue here isnt why the press reported it. The issue here is 'were racist chants and remarks made at Y Parc'? Two people tweeted that there were. If these claims are true we must investigate them and take action. We cant conceal or condone racism. We have to confront and condemn it.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 6:05pm
Let's not let the behaviour of a few Neanderthals spoil the massive achievement of beating a top French side brim full expensive internationals. This thread is getting out of hand. Hopefully those responsible will be banned (if they are lucky) and if they do show their faces again there are enough of us who despise them to make it their last visit.
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

When Basteraud made a homophobic comment the other day nobody criticed the media for commenting on it then. Look the tweeters up guys, dont look like trolls to me. If they say they heard the noises and comments it cannot be ignored I'm afraid. And once its on social media, its out there. The Scarlets are taking these reports seriously. So should we.

Imo the issue here isnt why the press reported it. The issue here is 'were racist chants and remarks made at Y Parc'? Two people tweeted that there were. If these claims are true we must investigate them and take action. We cant conceal or condone racism. We have to confront and condemn it.

Going off 2 tweets, to a player saying it on camera is different
T_RICHARDS_94 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote T_RICHARDS_94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 6:43pm
I'm one of the people who heard the disgusting monkey noises near N8. I've already given statements to the club and all I did was reply to someone else's tweet to say I also heard racist remarks, then Wales Online used my short tweet without asking me and it's all blown up from that.

This is what happened - myself and 5 others were around the N8 area of the terrace and stood a couple of yards from a group of lads (aged between late 20s to 30s) and throughout the match they were shouting some stupid things towards La Rochelle kicker, threw pints of dark fruits over women near us and finally when there was some action near us there were lots of shouting and one of them made a monkey noise to which his friend told him to shut up and that was the end of it.

I'm devastated that my short tweet has caused so much hurt to the club and the fans reputation. All I did was reply to someone else who also heard racist comments.

I wish I had contacted the steward straight away but I was too interested in the game and the celebrations so I can only apologise for that.

It was a very, very small minority of pi*sed up boys trying to be funny. I didn't hear them sing along to all the Welsh hymns so I'm pretty sure they weren't regulars at y Parc. Hopefully we don't see them there again.

I shouldn't be the one apologising, but I feel like I should for tweeting about it instead of going to the club or police. For this, I'm sorry.
Writer for The Rugby Club
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 6:44pm

Well the Scarlets have stated that they are investigating. Secondly, every commentator on this thread has condemned the racist behaviour. 3rd, many would percieve the reporting of this by WoL to be “unfriendly.”
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by T_RICHARDS_94 T_RICHARDS_94 wrote:

I'm one of the people who heard the disgusting monkey noises near N8. I've already given statements to the club and all I did was reply to someone else's tweet to say I also heard racist remarks, then Wales Online used my short tweet without asking me and it's all blown up from that.

This is what happened - myself and 5 others were around the N8 area of the terrace and stood a couple of yards from a group of lads (aged between late 20s to 30s) and throughout the match they were shouting some stupid things towards La Rochelle kicker, threw pints of dark fruits over women near us and finally when there was some action near us there were lots of shouting and one of them made a monkey noise to which his friend told him to shut up and that was the end of it.

I'm devastated that my short tweet has caused so much hurt to the club and the fans reputation. All I did was reply to someone else who also heard racist comments.

I wish I had contacted the steward straight away but I was too interested in the game and the celebrations so I can only apologise for that.

It was a very, very small minority of pi*sed up boys trying to be funny. I didn't hear them sing along to all the Welsh hymns so I'm pretty sure they weren't regulars at y Parc. Hopefully we don't see them there again.

I shouldn't be the one apologising, but I feel like I should for tweeting about it instead of going to the club or police. For this, I'm sorry.

Nothing to apologise for fella.
mammamammon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mammamammon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 7:01pm

This.
mammamammon

www.hopemalawiuk.com
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

You have done nothing wrong, so STOP your concern right now. I would have done the same. If anyone on here tells you that you are out of order, it is them, not you.
Scarlets before Wales
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 7:16pm

Agreed. You did nothing wrong.

Edited by SospanMawr - 02 April 2018 at 7:33pm
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 7:26pm

Not your fault Bach, you were just enjoying the game with the rest of us. It just shows the power of social media. Look at it this way, if nobody had said anything that could have implied we didn't care. With success comes a following, and we know from the problems in the Principality that drink can have. It's good in my mind we nip it in the bud now with a little awareness raising as I hope Y Parc will be packed for decades to come.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 7:37pm

I think we all do and have been.

Its the clear agenda here by media outlets with far from squeaky clean pasts themselves. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic