FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Recruitment policy of Pivac

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

I'd like to see us pick up an athletic carrying second row/6, especially now that Shingler is missing the start of the season.
Francesco Minto (Benetton) is out of contract. Good idea for a short term deal?

Blade is meant to fill that role - do you mean an additional player.?
Yes I meant another, as I think Blade was meant to be a top level replacement for Beirne and Cassiem a top level replacement for Barclay, so Shingler's injury leaves us slightly short. Unless MacLeod steps up.
Sponsored Links

Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 1:47pm
Yes, Minto is still out of contract and maybe he can do a downgrade in italiano domestico League...he suffered a neck injury some years ago and never back the talented player all we know. He is 31, not so young but anche other season at good level ne Can do...sign him with Sarto on the Wing
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 12:57pm

I'd like to see us pick up an athletic carrying second row/6, especially now that Shingler is missing the start of the season.

Blade is meant to fill that role - do you mean an additional player.?
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 12:23pm
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 10:25am
think it was sospanmawr, you never know what will happen. I have heard nothing so just speculating.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 10:12am

My question too Turkishrebel.. wasn’t it around this time two seasons ago we added Beirne?

Which led to dancing in the streets of Kidwelly... not!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2018 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

How do the Blues afford Manoa, after their position last season?

I’ve read that their player budget is rising by £1m this season. They’re apparently anticipating the new RSA to deliver an uplift in income.

Is that GBP1mm to the independents and GBP3mm to the Dragons?Wink
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2018 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

I’ve read that their player budget is rising by £1m this season. They’re apparently anticipating the new RSA to deliver an uplift in income.
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2018 at 5:17pm
If he does come then someone has to go.......who???
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2018 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Michael Collins heading back to Llanelli.
No he isn’t. He has a decision to make at the end of the 2018/19 season. Open to joining other regions as well

I know. Just being optimistic.

I like Michael but wouldn't he be 3rd or even 4th choice fullback and 3rd choice centre as well. Doesn't really seem like we need him. Also lacks pace which we have a bit of a problem with already.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2018 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

No he isn’t. He has a decision to make at the end of the 2018/19 season. Open to joining other regions as well

I know. Just being optimistic.
Scarlets before Wales
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2018 at 12:25pm

I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2018 at 9:48am
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2018 at 8:51am
Very interesting comments from Collins. Glowing in his praise of Pivac's management style. Whether he would get a cap is another question but he would be an excellent squad player for any of the regions. It is also being reported that Manu Samoa is heading to the Blues. Even at 33 he is a decent signing. 
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2018 at 4:07am
Scarlets before Wales
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2018 at 8:22am
tomato tim Wink
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
  Share Topic