Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets team vs. Edinburgh (a)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterh64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 10:56am
its going to be our strongest teams now until the end of the season.
Sponsored Links

Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 10:58am
Phew, life was much simpler at the end of season when we used to lose 6 from 6 in the pool stages of Europe and be mid tale in the Pro12. Smile

I'm inclined to think that if we by some miracle manage to get to an European final, we should focus entirely on that one game.  This would be a once in a lifetime opportunity.  
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
welshbenny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welshbenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Phew, life was much simpler at the end of season when we used to lose 6 from 6 in the pool stages of Europe and be mid tale in the Pro12. Smile

I'm inclined to think that if we by some miracle manage to get to an European final, we should focus entirely on that one game.  This would be a once in a lifetime opportunity.  

With the squad we're building I'm not so sure. 
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 2:02pm
I don't think we are building a stronger squad, at the moment we are running hard just to stand still. Very good players have left over the last two seasons and although we have recruited reasonably well we have not been competing with top French, English and Irish teams for the players we have signed. Our "squad" still looks a little underpowered and under paced compared with top Northern Hemisphere squads. It's not the fault of the Region its financial facts of life. We can but try our best to be as good as we can.
Keep the faith
1carmscarletsfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1carmscarletsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by peterh64 peterh64 wrote:

Yes I agree all games are now huge! It's knock out rugby from here on!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1carmscarletsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

I don't think we are building a stronger squad, at the moment we are running hard just to stand still. Very good players have left over the last two seasons and although we have recruited reasonably well we have not been competing with top French, English and Irish teams for the players we have signed. Our "squad" still looks a little underpowered and under paced compared with top Northern Hemisphere squads. It's not the fault of the Region its financial facts of life. We can but try our best to be as good as we can.

I don't see how you can say we are not building a stronger squad!?
We are the victim of our own success. With 15 out for international duty this season Wayne has been very cute by signing NWQ players, so next season we won't be in a the same position we were losing so many players and losing 5 on the road. Considering the budget we have in comparison to the English and French teams we have done fantastically well this season. To be in a position where we are in knockout stages of two competitions is just amazing.i personally can't remember the club ever been in a better place in the professional era. Also going back to your comment about building a stronger squad, i for one have faith in the coaches and I can see our squad strengthening next season.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1carmscarletsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 2:13pm
Also we have been plagued with injuries from some of our finest players ie Fox, Ball, Mcnicoll and Wyn
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by 1carmscarletsfan 1carmscarletsfan wrote:

Originally posted by peterh64 peterh64 wrote:

Yes I agree all games are now huge! It's 'knock One Out' rugby from here on!

Fixed WinkThumbs Up
Scarlets!!!
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by 1carmscarletsfan 1carmscarletsfan wrote:

Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

I don't see how you can say we are not building a stronger squad!?
We are the victim of our own success. With 15 out for international duty this season Wayne has been very cute by signing NWQ players, so next season we won't be in a the same position we were losing so many players and losing 5 on the road. Considering the budget we have in comparison to the English and French teams we have done fantastically well this season. To be in a position where we are in knockout stages of two competitions is just amazing.i personally can't remember the club ever been in a better place in the professional era. Also going back to your comment about building a stronger squad, i for one have faith in the coaches and I can see our squad strengthening next season.

The squad will be better but the first 15 will not be as good next year, especially with Tadgh and Barclay gone.

Edited by Dafen Boy - 16 April 2018 at 2:27pm
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 2:28pm
Fonotia for Scott
Blade for Beirne
Cassiem for Barclay
That guy from Jersey for Aled
Clayton Blommetjies for Rhys Jones (!)

I think these signings keep us where we are, rather than improve us.

If we'd retained Scott and Aled, and made all these signings, then we'd be talking.
New KALAMAFONI - BEAST MODE t-shirt now available online.

Plus a new 'Sosban Fach Scoundrels' range.

Paste the link below into your URL:
https://llanelli.teemill.com/
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 2:32pm
YEA plus foxy ball prydie and johnny mac back next season and the likes of conbeer nicholas hughes and others may be ready for the step up next season
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 2:36pm
Next season our top team will be :-

15. Leigh 14. Jonny 13. Foxy 12. Hadleigh 11. Steff 10. Rhys 9. Cawdor
1. Rob 2. Ken 3. Samson 4. Jake 5. Bulbring 6. Aaron 7. Cubby 8. Casseim

16. Wyn 17. Ryan 18. Werne 19. Blade 20. McLoud 21. Jonathan 22. Dan 23. Clayton/Fonotia.

Personally I think that team is as good as our best 23 this season. Where we are gaining is in the International windows & the first couple of games of the season which our Internationals miss. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1carmscarletsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

Fonotia for Scott
Blade for Beirne
Cassiem for Barclay

If we'd retained Scott and Aled, and made all these signings, then we'd be talking.

Not forgetting fox and ball been out all season
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 2:45pm
Not sure it's been mentioned elsewhere, but brave effort by Simon Gadiner for turning for the team on Saturday. Condolences.
Joshua24:15
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

Fonotia for Scott
Blade for Beirne
Cassiem for Barclay

Doesn’t mean they’ll make a massive impact. They could turn out to be very average. I’m sure they’ll be ok but I don’t get over excited about new signings until after a few games. Just because they play well for one team doesn’t mean that will carry over.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 2:52pm
how good is cassiem
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
  Share Topic