Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets team vs. Edinburgh (a)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 3:19pm

Exciting 23 this !! what an opportunity for this squad, all pressure on Edinburgh now a must win game they have been dire in the last 2 games and Scarlets coaches confident of a Win here ..
Sponsored Links

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

I'll be honest, I have never heard of Tom Rogers. Looking him up, Wales U18. What's his skillset like - pros and cons? Cheers.

Very promising, exciting, try scorer. Bit small. But developing well.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by sospanman sospanman wrote:

It's important to see the bigger picture here. To have strength in depth over the longer term our squad players need development opportunities and the experience of being up against decent times. The circumstances provide that opportunity. The team selected will benefit from game time and as a result will eventually bring more quality to the squad.

yea true but wed rather do it a bit more gradually rather than the whole team....that being said pivac has given a load of these players lots of games so its far from an inexperienced team in many positions. the backline is decimated by injuries so its an ideal chance for someone to put their hands up....i still think conbeer may already be ready regardless of his tender age
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Tom Rogers was in the 20's squad this year. FB or wing with good gas and well built. One for the future most definitely. 
Tumble boy I think.
Yes Tom's from Tumble. Is that a pro or a con?   Wink
Seriously, some of my best friends were from Tumble.     
I don't think he's all that small, in terms of height over 6ft but he does have some filling out to do. He's got good hands, and is fast enough to have played wing for Wales U20. His decision making is very good and he is more mature than most backs of his age.

I would hope that Tom Williams is not playing tomorrow because he's been pencilled in for the right wing spot against Leinster. 
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 4:57pm
Can't help but think Boyde and McLeod are the Wong way around.

Also next season we need to try and hold Tom and Morgan Williams back from sevens duty, they'd be ideal for this game and maybe one of them would have featured next week.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 4:59pm
Tom Williams not with Wales 7s that his the Ospreys guy from North Wales
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 6:18pm
Where's Tom Williams then, injured? He was starting to come in to form too
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

I'd imagine he's been rested. Looks as if he'll be in the back three with Halfpenny and Steff for the semi-final next weekend.
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by PritchyTheScarlet PritchyTheScarlet wrote:

I'd imagine he's being rested. Looks as if he'll be in the back three with Halfpenny and Steff for the semi-final next weekend.
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 8:43pm
Unfortunately some of the boys on here need to join the glass is now half full bus. We are without doubt one of the most feared teams in the league and Europe because not only our 1st team throw the ball around with abandon every player we bring has also been ingrained with the same skill set and ambition. Pivac hasn’t just thrown boys to hounds like that idiot Jackman he will have made calculated decisions based on training sessions, coaching and feedback from matches. I from watching WP over his time with us have complete and utter faith in his managerial decisions and he would not have put that team out without faith in them. Those boys will have an opportunity to express themselves tomorrow a rare chance in modern rugby no pressure no expectation just go and get something if I was Cockers I would be pooing myself as all the pressure is now on him
So come on Scarlets fans we are no longer underdogs we are regular favourites and rightly so undefeated at home for what seems forever now dumping multimillion pound teams with skill and guille I expect a win tomorrow because Scarlets have now built that expectation in me so please boys DELIVER TO THE HALF EMPTY BRIGADE!!!!
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 9:05pm

👏👍😁🎯
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 9:09pm
Got a feeling we will turn them over tomorrow. Enough talent in this squad
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by scarletabroad scarletabroad wrote:

Unfortunately some of the boys on here need to join the glass is now half full bus. We are without doubt one of the most feared teams in the league and Europe because not only our 1st team throw the ball around with abandon every player we bring has also been ingrained with the same skill set and ambition. Pivac hasn’t just thrown boys to hounds like that idiot Jackman he will have made calculated decisions based on training sessions, coaching and feedback from matches. I from watching WP over his time with us have complete and utter faith in his managerial decisions and he would not have put that team out without faith in them. Those boys will have an opportunity to express themselves tomorrow a rare chance in modern rugby no pressure no expectation just go and get something if I was Cockers I would be pooing myself as all the pressure is now on him
So come on Scarlets fans we are no longer underdogs we are regular favourites and rightly so undefeated at home for what seems forever now dumping multimillion pound teams with skill and guille I expect a win tomorrow because Scarlets have now built that expectation in me so please boys DELIVER TO THE HALF EMPTY BRIGADE!!!!

Nice post. All I can say is that you will either be fantastically right or fantastically wrong! LOL
Scarlets before Wales
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 9:49pm

Tom Williams played for the Quins last Saturday
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 10:04pm
Looking forward to tomorrow, hope the weather is better than today up here, very damp and foggy. Should be an exciting game with our young guns given their chance.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 8:16am
Valuable experience for a very young back division. An exciting opportunity as they have a good forward pack in front of them and reasonably experienced half backs. I am expecting a defeat by around 10-15 points; anything better than that would be very good. If we can keep in the game first 20 minutes and make them work for their points then the pressure of being clear favourites may start to tell. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
  Share Topic