Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ulster v O's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ulster v O's
    Posted: 13 April 2018 at 8:55pm
The most scrappy match this season. TV coverage not showing any replays that favour the Ospreys. Ulster diving in at the rucks and in from the side. Ref and assistants can't see it. Ospreys defence heroic, their ball handling comedic!

Fonotia looks very promising. Disallowed try (wrongly) and some deft handling. Will be good with some Stevo coaching.
Joshua24:15
Sponsored Links

surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 9:30pm
Robbed at 80 minutes. Poor Ospeys passing let's them down.
Joshua24:15
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 9:31pm
Credit to Ospreys for a great defensive effort but commentary was woeful. 
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 9:51pm
Hardly say the Ospreys were robbed-great defensive display but Ulster had by far the biggest share of possession and a lot of it in the Sprays 22. They were losing even before the Ulster try and it was only the "neutral"  Jonathon Davies in the commentary box, willing the Sprays to score a breakaway try ,that gave the impression that deserved to win it.
joni_bach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joni_bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 9:52pm
I think the blatantly pro-Ulster coverage and the blatantly pro-Ospreys Jiffy commentary cancelled each other out in the end.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 9:53pm
That Ulster team put 32 points on Edinburgh last week .
joni_bach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joni_bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 10:23pm
I managed to watch the first half, turn over to watch the Masterchef final, then back to BBC2 again and I didn't miss a score. 
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 11:03pm
Two sides who sacked their coaches mid-season and it was 3-0 at 80 minutes. The new incoming coaches/DORs have alot to do.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 8:32am
Jiffy & his co commentators haven't got a clue. They were all bigging the game up - it was woeful!!!. The skills on show were not worthy of professionals. Ospreys did defend well but Ulster's handling & decision making was a joke. Does not reflect well on Dwayne. Biggar again showed a total lack of ability to pass a ball but defended well so Gatland will be pleased. 

On a more positive note I liked the look of Fonotia - decent defensively and good hands. Most of the Ospreys were not on his wavelength so he will benefit next season.
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 9:16am
The IRISH TV presentation was awful, hardly showed any replays. The Ospreys defence was outstanding, while Ulster not very good especially after last week, were throwing passes to no one, and the Ospreys just could not go more than around 3-4 phases before losing the ball.

I must admit it was one of the best awful games of rugby I enjoyed.

I now know why Cross wears a red scrum cap, because he can be seen, just looks out of place to me.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 9:31am
How Gatland picks Cross in the Autumn only he knows.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 9:37am
One of the worst games of the season. Ospreys didn’t know how to attack and Ulster just couldn’t. The commentary on both channels was my highlight. The Ulster commentator was hilarious (biased) whilst jiffy was just sad. All he did was “up” biggar and AWJ. At one stage I’m pretty sure I saw his nose up AWJ’s arsse when he went down injured.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 10:03am
Maybe a result that edges the undecided International wing towards a decision that excludes Ospreys.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Maybe a result that edges the undecided International wing towards a decision that excludes Ospreys.

I think this weekends results would push him towards a move to the CAP really.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 7:02pm
Yes, I to believe that he will now head towards the Blues, they now have the advantage of champions cup rugby over the Ospreys, and deservedly so. If he really wanted to return to us, or the WRU wanted him to return to us, then that decision would have been announced by now, as we are in the best position of any of the regions to offer him a successful team environment where he could prosper and thrive.
That game was just awful with both teams devoid of any ability to create any try scoring opportunities (Fonotia created his disallowed try himself) but the Ospreys were hard done by. How ironic that they are likely to be up against each other in the playoff spot for the final pro14 european cup spot. All we can hope for is that the next game is a better spectacle with neutral officials inc the TMO, and a neutral tv broadcaster with multiple camera angles available to the TMO.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 7:06pm
Treviso may pip Ulster to that spot for the play off.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic