Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ulster release duo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ulster release duo
    Posted: 14 April 2018 at 9:20am
My sources tell me that Ulster will announce the release of Jackson and olding on Monday. Lots of pressure from sponsors of both club and union to wash their hands with the pair.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Sponsored Links

BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 9:29am
Social media
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 9:30am
Yes I guess its pretty inevitable really. Totally unsavoury incident all round. Puts into sharp perspective when Pivac talks about scouting the right characters for the squad. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 9:32am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Yes I guess its pretty inevitable really. Totally unsavoury incident all round. Puts into sharp perspective when Pivac talks about scouting the right characters for the squad. 

Shouldnt lose theyre jobs though
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 9:32am
Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

Social media

A friend who lives in ireland
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 9:43am
Seems to be confirmed on BBC that they will not be allowed to play for Ulster or Ireland again. They were found innocent (in criminal court) but the trail was very bad for the profile of Ulster and Ireland rugby and so they can be said to have brought their employer's name into disrepute and dismissal reasonable. If they worked as presenters for the BBC or S4C for example then I'm sure they'd be dismissed.

Also one potential (only) factor is that their employer may feel that on balance of probability they were guilty - for employment decisions you are only looking for a decision on the balance of probability unlike criminal Court which is beyond all reasonable doubt.

That said I'm sure the decision is based on them bringing their employer's name into disrepute.

Edited by Rich (Bris) - 14 April 2018 at 9:45am
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 1:07pm
Mob rule has caused them the loss of their jobs, you can see the mob now turning they're attention to the Welsh swimmer
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 1:10pm
Right decision in my opinion. I wonder where they’ll end up next.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 1:41pm

Mob rule has caused them the loss of their jobs, you can see the mob now turning they're attention to the Welsh swimmer
No they've got nobody to blame but themselves
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

That makes no sense so is there blame on the girl?
Airdaa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Airdaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 5:25pm
Mob rule and social media have played there part definitely.It wasn't helped by the court case running in parralel with the run up the referendum in the Republic on the 8th Amendment and the lifting the total ban on abortion.
As you will have seen in the Brexit and scots independence Referendums all sorts of people come out of the woodwork. Whilst most sponsors have with held from public comments you don't know what has been said behind closed doors and the IRFU have never been known for their open approach.
Only one sponsor chose to take the high morale ground, the Bank ofIreland whose own morality with fines for money laundering, and who were caught out not passing oninterest rate reduction to mortgage holders, along with
Oneof the biggest Bailouts of any bank in Europe hardly gives them the high ground.
Whilst. I can't speak for all Ulster supporters the feeling is that the two boys have been punished enough by the trial
And suspension. They have made public apologises and the trial found them not guilty so they should be reinstated. Personally I think that neither side of the trial showed up particularly well. As for the messages thy just go to show the perils of the internet. My own youth was pre internet but I am sure that some of the comments between the "lads" in the pub in private would not look good as a text
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 7:09pm
Feminist groups are now targeting rugby for toxic masculinity
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 8:40pm
Hopefully we shall have nothing like this incident come our way.. it's so squalid and flies in the face of family values. No winners here and harsh lessons learned.  
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2018 at 8:54am
No winners indeed - I have huge sympathy for everyone involved. Apparently Paddy Jackson has been turned down by most Aviva sides with only Gloucester being interested - makes sense when you consider that Humphries is the DOR. I just hope that both of them find contracts to allow them to carry on playing. They are both quality players and I am pretty sure they have learned a huge lesson. Also hope that the lady involved can also find some peace & contentment. 

Rugby is a family sport & family values must take centre stage; sponsors certainly don't want to be associated with bad press. At the end of the day it is not a sponsors duty to support local clubs - it is a choice they make.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2018 at 9:25am

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

That makes no sense so is there blame on the girl?
No
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2018 at 11:14am
They were found not guilty, but that does not make them innocent, having looked at everything that has surfaced online and in the press, I think it's clear to see that they're not the characters you'd wished to be associated with, I'm glad Ireland have taken the stand, hopefully these boys will no longer think they can do what they want.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic