Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Premier Sports announced as P14 broadcaster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 11:34am
If you have an active Premier Sports subscription on your TV, you will also have free access to the Standard membership of our online service with 7 days of catch up in case you’ve missed any games.

If it is the first time that you’re using the online service, you would need to register an account first (through the web browser) under your details to setup your logins. Once registered, you can then simply login directly either from the App or browser. You can proceed through the below steps if you’re having difficulties:

-       Go to: https://www.premierplayer.tv/subscribe/existing-customer

-       Insert all the required details; create your own password and your Sky Card number would be the viewing card number which is currently active under your Premier Sports subscription

-       You’d need to choose the ‘Standard membership’ if you’d like to get the free online service or you can also opt for the ‘Premium membership’ if you’d like to get the catch up since the beginning of the season for each specific sports which would cost you £2 additional per month

-       Once you submit you should be able to get the viewing

However if you used the online service in the past, you can then login directly using your details, head to ‘My Account’ section on the top right corner to validate your Sky Viewing Card number after which you will get free access to the contents.

Premier Player is accessible anywhere throughout UK as long as you have an internet connection.
Sponsored Links

turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 11:57am
Thanks SA14 for the info. will probably take out the subscription, pay the 1 off cost.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

I've never had Sky, partly because they pull all sort of stunts like splitting the 'good stuff' across several channels and make you pay for each one - which is ridiculously expensive - but mainly because Murdoch is a sort of Bond villain, interfering in politics and manipulating governments to ensure his companies can increase their profits. (I've always assumed that the Elliot Carver character portrayed by Jonathan Pryce in scenery-chewing mode in 'Tomorrow never dies' was meant as a parody of Murdoch!)

Now, if Premier is offering all pro-14 games for £100 a season, that's something I might well sign up for - does anyone know how it will be 'delivered', though? Set-top box? Streaming? I'll decide, once the technical details become clearer.
Yes but you'd need either a Sky or Virgin box, not available on BT.
Can live stream through their website and it says you can use devices like Chromecast to stream the channel to your TV.

Thanks for that - I have a Chromecast, so I'll probably live stream using that. 

I need to find out if games will be available through 'catch up', if I can't watch live, though. 
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 12:53pm
Yes you can but it’s £2 extra a month.
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 1:29pm
Anyone know how this will effect commercial business?

With many Rugby clubs/Pubs struggling as it is, if there is no regular Pro 14 on our screens, what will we watch? 

Hopefully more will attend games live yes, but i'm sure we all watch a game or two at local rugby clubs/pubs as well? 

To get all the rugby we need next season we will require 3 subscriptions Sky, Premier and BT Sport and probably over £400 a month!  

Many clubs simply cant afford this?
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

Anyone know how this will effect commercial business?

With many Rugby clubs/Pubs struggling as it is, if there is no regular Pro 14 on our screens, what will we watch? 

Hopefully more will attend games live yes, but i'm sure we all watch a game or two at local rugby clubs/pubs as well? 

To get all the rugby we need next season we will require 3 subscriptions Sky, Premier and BT Sport and probably over £400 a month!  

Many clubs simply cant afford this?

That's the problem, isn't it? Too many channels, and who can afford subscriptions to all of them? 

I have far less interest in cricket than I used to have, and formula 1 too - because so much is on pay-TV that I barely know who is who any more. 

Some sports definitely lose fans as a result of this split in coverage.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 3:45pm
If you only like PRO14 you just have premier sports and pay for the the period when the European cup is on Sky as opposed to all season. There’s no real point paying for a season pass. The season is 9 months not 12.

Edited by SA14 - 01 May 2018 at 3:55pm
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 3:58pm
Who only likes Pro14? Most people I know are sports junkies. Euro rugby, cricket, league rugby, F1, boxing, UFC, Premier league soccer, NFL etc etc

That means you need sky sports, BT Sports, premier sports and whatever else.

I'm all for the league maximizing their income, and this is good news in the main, but lets not pretend that this is anything other than adding another £10 per month to your tv bill. Which people normally rage about when they receive a letter through the post.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 4:20pm
Just pay by the month during our season games myself lol
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Who only likes Pro14? Most people I know are sports junkies. Euro rugby, cricket, league rugby, F1, boxing, UFC, Premier league soccer, NFL etc etc

I'm all for the league maximizing their income, and this is good news in the main, but lets not pretend that this is anything other than adding another £10 per month to your tv bill. Which people normally rage about when they receive a letter through the post.

Me, Sosban bach. I’m sure quite a lot of others too. I can honestly say I have no interest whatsoever in other sports. Looks like you’ve got an expensive season ahead.

Edited by SA14 - 01 May 2018 at 4:28pm
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

If you only like PRO14 you just have premier sports and pay for the the period when the European cup is on Sky as opposed to all season. There’s no real point paying for a season pass. The season is 9 months not 12.

Which after this month will be never....(well until the next round of rights broadcast comes along).
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

I've never had Sky, partly because they pull all sort of stunts like splitting the 'good stuff' across several channels and make you pay for each one - which is ridiculously expensive - but mainly because Murdoch is a sort of Bond villain, interfering in politics and manipulating governments to ensure his companies can increase their profits. (I've always assumed that the Elliot Carver character portrayed by Jonathan Pryce in scenery-chewing mode in 'Tomorrow never dies' was meant as a parody of Murdoch!)

Now, if Premier is offering all pro-14 games for £100 a season, that's something I might well sign up for - does anyone know how it will be 'delivered', though? Set-top box? Streaming? I'll decide, once the technical details become clearer.

Take it you dont use netflix eithet
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 5:35pm

Me, Sosban bach. I’m sure quite a lot of others too. I can honestly say I have no interest whatsoever in other sports. Looks like you’ve got an expensive season ahead.

What a boring life.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 5:40pm

What a boring life.

People who don’t like sport lead a boring life? Interesting psychological evaluation that.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 5:45pm

What a boring life.

People who don’t like sport lead a boring life? Interesting psychological evaluation that.

Absolutely. I can't imagine the highs and lows with out it. Each to their own I guess.
Turkpower View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 6:06pm
There's plenty of websites you can watch the games for free.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic