Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Glasgow ticket confirmation .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Kill Jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 8:01am
Long time Weegie lurker here, I come in peace.

The problem with allocations is that we've a small ground that's mainly filled with season tickets and corporate, and sells out for every game these days. Even with the bigger stands for this game, the chances of being able to give an allocated block to you guys is fairly slim given they've got to shuffle our season tickets in those areas around, we just don't have a big enough ground 

And on the Friday night thing, we're always going to ask for the Friday night slot if we can get it, its our traditional game time

Sponsored Links

LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 10:12am
Welcome to the forum Kill Jester. Looking forward to making my third visit to Glasgow.     Should be a close encounter
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 10:53am
Croeso / Welcome KJ. There are 3 of us in the East Stand. My 2nd visit to Scotstoun coming up.

Any suggestions for pre-match refreshments?
Kill Jester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kill Jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Croeso / Welcome KJ. There are 3 of us in the East Stand. My 2nd visit to Scotstoun coming up.

There really isn't anything beside the ground, its all residential. A gentle crawl down Byres Rd with a couple of stops on Dumbarton Rd (mainly at The Three Judges) takes you to Partick Station for train to Scotstounhill, thats max 5 minute trip. Or there's Granny Gibbs on the next section of Dumbarton Rd, thats the nearest to the ground. Only about a 10 minute walk. Its a bit rough and ready, but I like it, and given the amount of extra trade they do on match days they've got better since we arrived
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Kill Jester Kill Jester wrote:

There really isn't anything beside the ground, its all residential. A gentle crawl down Byres Rd with a couple of stops on Dumbarton Rd (mainly at The Three Judges) takes you to Partick Station for train to Scotstounhill, thats max 5 minute trip. Or there's Granny Gibbs on the next section of Dumbarton Rd, thats the nearest to the ground. Only about a 10 minute walk. Its a bit rough and ready, but I like it, and given the amount of extra trade they do on match days they've got better since we arrived

I hear the West of the City centre is ok?
gonesouth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote gonesouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 12:18pm
West of the City is locally the West End. It is a great night out. To follow on from KJ.

Before hand for drinking/eating. Depends where your staying: My preference is Byres Road in the West End of Glasgow. Bars range from Student Hang Outs to Wine Bars via Irish and real ale bars. Try Tennents (Scotlands favourite cooking lager). The last bar in Glasgow to permit women on the premises in the 70's allegedly or the three judges. Both have a good selection of Real Ales.  £10 in a taxi to the ground from there.

Alternately 3 Craws next to Jordanhill Train Station on Crow Road. A bit generic chain but the beer is good.  A 15/20 min walk to the ground (a bit hilly, but not too bad).

From the rugby ground guide. Out of date but still relevant. The Spoons listed below is a taxi ride to the ground probably about a tenner as well. 

• The West End of Glasgow has more high-quality bars and restaurants than many city-centres, and is en-route to the ground too. Get the subway to Hillhead and head to Byres Road, or nip behind the station to Ashton Lane, a cobbled street lined with bars and restaurants. When kick-off approaches, you can either walk or jump in a taxi to the ground.
  • There are two pubs near to the ground - Granny Gibbs on the Dumbarton Road (5-minutes walk from the ground) and the Three Craws on Crow Road (15-minutes walk and adjacent to Jordanhill station). Whilst they do the job, our Glasgwegian friends reckon there are better alternatives in the West End. A good compromise is the Esquire Wetherspoons at Anniesland which is right beside a well-connected rail station and taxi rank.
  • The City Centre of Glasgow is well connected to Scotstoun by rail, and offers pretty much every type of drinking establishment you can think of, so everyone should be catered for. View Glasgow is a good site to find listings of events going on in town, as well as a comprehensive guide to pubs, bars and clubs.
Rambler_2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambler_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 12:24pm
cheers great infoTongue

Keef from Neef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kill Jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 1:17pm
Also, personally recommend La Bodega tapas bar, run by Spaniards and only about a 10 to 15 minute walk from the ground. It's not in the greatest setting, on South Street which is mainly industrial units, but their paella is killer. 
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by gonesouth gonesouth wrote:

• There are two pubs near to the ground - Granny Gibbs on the Dumbarton Road (5-minutes walk from the ground) and the Three Craws on Crow Road (15-minutes walk and adjacent to Jordanhill station). Whilst they do the job, our Glasgwegian friends reckon there are better alternatives in the West End. A good compromise is the Esquire Wetherspoons at Anniesland which is right beside a well-connected rail station and taxi rank.

M.M. I think that's the spoons up the road from where we're staying...
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Bryn@man Bryn@man wrote:

Yes, tis the one.
Pre-match food and shant sorted for me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kill Jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 5:16pm

Originally posted by Bryn@man Bryn@man wrote:

Yes, tis the one.
Pre-match food and shant sorted for me.

Only problem with Anniesland station is there's no direct service to the ground, need to change at Jordanhill or Partick
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 5:49pm
I remember the Horseshoe bar being really good, cheap and good food. Just dont ask Will Chips for directions....Embarrassed
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

I remember the Horseshoe bar being really good, cheap and good food. Just dont ask Will Chips for directions....Embarrassed

My workmate from Glasgow recommended the Horseshoe Bar as a good meeting place as well.
scarlet_rob View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet_rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 7:43pm
How many buses booked?
whataguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whataguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 8:13pm
Can someone in the know answer the question above?
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 8:44pm
 One bus full .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic