Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales V SA (Washington)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

I read somewhere that from 2020, the June test window is moving to July. Just to accommodate super rugby. That seems like a crazy move to me.

What? I'd be surprised. The French, English and the rest of the 6N would have to agree with that and I don't see the benefit to the NH. Who would vote for that?

https://www.worldrugby.org/news/232038?lang=en
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

Under Armour are paying silly money to both teams for the game, a good idea I think, BUT useless when the Scarlets are in the final, and after a hard few weeks, so Gatland will have to pick his team from around 20 players a risk me thinks ??

Argentina will not be easy either.

If?...Confused
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 7:57pm
We are all proud of Scarlets players making a Lions tour ( which makes them a banker for a full Summer schedule and a late season start the following term), but don't have the same admiration for players playing for their country (which means less games and back for a full pre-season.)

The Lions training camp started last year on May 14.

I don't agree with blatant profiteering (like the 4th AI and how it impacts on Europe for example), but I have no issue with a game that has no tangible impact (other than to put some money in the kitty of our loss making club of course).

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 2:33pm
Malcolm Marx has been ruled out of this match after suffering a hammy tear playing for the Lions.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 7:53pm
I thought Hadleigh had rearranged his wedding in NZ to June, how is he therefore in the squad??
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

I thought Hadleigh had rearranged his wedding in NZ to June, how is he therefore in the squad??
Good time management.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 9:35pm

Games are 2nd, 9th and 16th June. I would assume his wedding is later in the month.
Scarlets before Wales
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 9:35am

Because he can be in more than one place at a time ...

Do you have a restricted view seat at PYS ? WinkLOL
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic