Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets team vs. Glasgow (A) (P14 SF)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 7:21pm
They’ve had 3 weeks off and won just 2 of their last 6, against Zebre and Connacht (both at home).
We’ve won 4 of the last 6, including hammering Cheetahs and the Dragons and comprehensively beating Glasgow and La Rochelle, though that also includes hammering by Edinburgh and Leinster.
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Rich (Bris) Rich (Bris) wrote:

They have got a very good team as well and I really like their front row and only really see us having an edge there slightly in the scrum.

When Finn Russell is on form he is a genius but he is less consistent than Patch and, as has been said, has been off form of late. I'm glad Townsend is not their DOR still and I think we will do it. But it'll be close!
Did you see what we did to their front row a few weeks back?
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:07pm
Should be a cracker of a game, nice weather and fast running rugby.
And We Were Singing...
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:07pm
Scrum time our front row have the edge IMO as I said but what you see at scrum time does not just reflect what the front row do - but around the park the Glasgow front row are very impressive and I feel (taken as a whole) on a par with our great 123 in the non-scrum work
mammamammon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mammamammon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Iwlew Iwlew wrote:

Is it an artificial pitch or have I got that wrong?
mammamammon

www.hopemalawiuk.com
Chrome Warrior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrome Warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I note no Ali Price in the 23 - Cawdor has made his life a misery twice already - taken out of the firing line.

I thought Cawdor played (and intercepted) Horne both in the 6N and the recent Glasgow game at PYS.

Don't think Horne played for Scotland that day. I thought it was Price on both occasions but I stand corrected if it was Horne.

Both Horne & Price played but it was indeed Price who threw the intercept.

Yes, yes. You are right.

Right in a fashion, but George Horne who starts at SH tomorrow has not yet been capped for Scotland. His brother Peter who is a 10/12 came off the bench in both matches
Chrome Warrior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrome Warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by mammamammon mammamammon wrote:

Originally posted by Iwlew Iwlew wrote:

Is it an artificial pitch or have I got that wrong?

You're correct, it is an artificial pitch. 
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:53pm
our pack is the same 8 that played in recent win at PYS? Only 2 changes behind for us from that game?

I think they have 3 changes, 2 in the pack. 
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 8:16am
Although the score board says otherwise, I think our last encounter was a close one.  Glasgow gave away a few soft tries including that interception from within our 22 by Cawdor. It's going to take a big performance from us to win, which hopefully we will do.

In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:00am
Another huge game, but another huge game that we can most definitely win for sure!!!! ClapClapClap Two cracking sides there, it's gonna be a close one I think. 
Scarlets!!!
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:01am
I wonder if we asked the blues if we could train on their pitch this week to get a feeling of it.
robeth View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote robeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:07am
For what its worth, Warriors supporter here, I agree with most points put forward and think it will be a close game.  Yes, our form hasn't been great recently but it stems more from our mistakes than the opposition being better on the day.  If we cut out some/most/all of our mistakes then I am confident of a tight win.  And if the real Mr Russell turns up then I cant see any other outcome but a home win.  Big IF. Whatever the outcome, we will welcome you with open arms as you do when we visit every season.  See you in The Clubhouse before or after.  Mind, the gates are open at 5.30.
sgsmorgan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
LAVERYS ON THE RIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sgsmorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:54am
Originally posted by robeth robeth wrote:

For what its worth, Warriors supporter here, I agree with most points put forward and think it will be a close game.  Yes, our form hasn't been great recently but it stems more from our mistakes than the opposition being better on the day.  If we cut out some/most/all of our mistakes then I am confident of a tight win.  And if the real Mr Russell turns up then I cant see any other outcome but a home win.  Big IF. Whatever the outcome, we will welcome you with open arms as you do when we visit every season.  See you in The Clubhouse before or after.  Mind, the gates are open at 5.30.

Isn't that great about rugby supporters...win, lose or draw..... it's a game and we're all welcome for a drink before or after.

Nice one..classy.
Pembreyexile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pembreyexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 11:11am
Interesting article on Glasgow selection decisions in the Telegraph

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2018/05/17/glasgow-leave-huw-jones-alex-dunbar-pro14-semi-final-gamble/
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by robeth robeth wrote:

Certainly, Finn seems to have been MIA in recent games, and his form - or lack of it - could have a big influence on the result. Of course, as a Scarlet, I hope his thoughts are already focused on France!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 1:41pm
Lets make sure he's operating off back foot ball - even his many talents will find that challenging. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic