Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets team vs. Leinster (Pro14 Final)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Last three games Leinster 2 tries and Scarlets 15 tries .
Oh come on... we were playing against the Dragons and the Cheetahs while they’ve played in a Champions Cup final and against Munster
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Sponsored Links

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Oh come on... we were playing against the Dragons and the Cheetahs while they’ve played in a Champions Cup final and against Munster

And Glasgow away who have managed 49/50 pts at home !
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 7:26pm

Oh there we are know it all there the facts two tries, we score try we win simple
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

My comment was directed at Scarletnut by the way, who seems to have forgotten how good a win last Friday was, taking into account Glasgow's home record this season ! They've managed a try bonus point in every home game bar 1.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 8:15pm
Cup finals are either quite high scoring or all kicks. You can’t really go on previous games Leinster scored the most tries all season. They haven’t in the last few games but the important thing is that they’ve won.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 8:48pm

My comment was directed at Scarletnut by the way, who seems to have forgotten how good a win last Friday was, taking into account Glasgow's home record this season ! They've managed a try bonus point in every home game bar 1.
Yes very good win but if you’re seriously comparing playing Dragons and Cheetahs to what Leinster have faced... of course our recent try scoring ratio is going to be higher. Let’s not underestimate Leinster back line
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 8:54pm
They also lost to Connacht
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 9:44pm
We’ve got a great chance tomorrow. All the pressure is on them to do the double in front of their home fans whilst we are not expected to win, yet we have bounced back hugely since our european semifinal defeat and have had some key players back from long term injuries at just the right time.
I don’t think that the team and the coaches will allow themselves to perform that badly again against Leinster either, plus Tadhg will want to finish his final game for us with a win against his former team, and the whole squad will want to send him, Scott, JB and Aled off with more silverware.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 11:43pm
I just want the bois and the fans to do the Scarlets proud tomorrow. Take Leinster all the way to the edge and then....win!  
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 2:35am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

I just want the bois and the fans to do the Scarlets proud tomorrow. Take Leinster all the way to the edge and then....win!  

I think we have proven that we were not a one year wonder, and I look forward to the boys giving their all tomorrow.
cymru2006 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cymru2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:26am
Whatever today brings, it’s been a great season to be a Scarlets fan. Something tells me we may do it today and become the first to defend s title. They key for me is the players and coaches were dissapointed with the way we played in the semi final, as well as Leinster played we didn’t do ourselves justice. That can be a hugely motivating factor. Today we have patchell at 10, defensively positionally brilliant halfpenny at fullback and most importantly 2 wingers. We were disjointed in these positions last time around and a send off for tahdg, Scott Barclay and others. Looking forward to the game and hugely looking forward to the new season, With some great recruits coming in and the return of jake and don davies will be like having 2 huge signings!
everlasting ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 8:00am
Excellent post that.

We’ll give everything we’ve got, that’s for sure.

Great effort by the travelling fans...hope you get the rewards.

Pob lwc Bois bach
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 8:24am
Originally posted by cymru2006 cymru2006 wrote:

Whatever today brings, it’s been a great season to be a Scarlets fan. Something tells me we may do it today and become the first to defend s title. They key for me is the players and coaches were dissapointed with the way we played in the semi final, as well as Leinster played we didn’t do ourselves justice. That can be a hugely motivating factor. Today we have patchell at 10, defensively positionally brilliant halfpenny at fullback and most importantly 2 wingers. We were disjointed in these positions last time around and a send off for tahdg, Scott Barclay and others. Looking forward to the game and hugely looking forward to the new season, With some great recruits coming in and the return of jake and don davies will be like having 2 huge signings!

Fair points well made. Our back 3 and 10 positions are much stronger this time out. Another plus point for me is the form of Cummins who started to look the part in that heavy defeat. Since then he has shown glimpses of the sort of tough 2nd row we all crave. Very solid in the tackle, a willing carrier & dependable & intelligent lineout operator. With Rawlins, Cummins, Aaron, Tadhg & Bulbring on the bench we have plenty of grunt.

Another of your points with which I totally agree - the boys to a man have done us proud again this year showing the Rugby World that we are still here & thriving continuing to punch way above our weight developing locally grown often World class players. A huge well done to all concerned.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 9:35am
I think the direct nature of Leinster's attack in the semi final caught us a bit on the hop (they played more of a wide game against us last year).  I'm sure the coaching staff will have looked at ways of counteracting this, and if so - game on folks.  
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 9:53am
1st 20 minutes are vital I feel.if we freeze like we did in the semi's,then it'll be game over by half time again.must smash jonny "GOD" sexton,early.totally put him off his game.keep hold of ball.go through phases.don't kick aimlessly at their back 3,like we did in semi's.attack lowe's wing.don't think this guy is a good defender,and he's a cock.
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
Danelli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 11:18am
We need to fire the first shot today.If not it could be A long evening.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic