Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets team vs. Leinster (Pro14 Final)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 10:53pm
Was speaking to a Munster fan earlier today in Swindon, he was gutted that we didn’t win on Saturday, stating that he wanted us to beat Leinster and felt that if we had played for another 5 minutes we would have won. He stated that we are the best attacking team in the league and the most enjoyable to watch when we play like we did in the last 20 minutes.
He’s also looking forward to seeing Tadhg playing for them next season, although he did mention that they were building a nice pack of forwards at present, will they select him ahead of current players?.
Sponsored Links

Bryn A! Wel! View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn A! Wel! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Hotel booked for next year 😁
Has the date for next season's final been released?
Fy nheml sy'n yr Emlyn
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Bryn A! Wel! Bryn A! Wel! wrote:

Yes, it’s the second Friday and Saturday in May and tickets are for sale on EPCRugby.com.

Also, got our tickets for next year, although they those that are less avid rugby fans do question how you can go from a place like Bilbao to Newcastle. Once they’ve thought that, they say, “Why Newcastle?”
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 9:15pm
10 & 11 May, iirc
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 9:17pm
Never been but I've met a lot who have been to Newcastle and they all rave about it. Very lively, very friendly. + A lot easier and cheaper to get to! And maybe less chance of rain!
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 10:34pm
It's supposed to be going to Amsterdam the following year
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn A! Wel! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 10:51pm
The topic is the Pro 14 competition. I did know the dates for the ECC comp, but thought the post referred to booking a hotel for the Pro 14 final.
Fy nheml sy'n yr Emlyn
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 6:53am

Yes, it’s the second Friday and Saturday in May and tickets are for sale on EPCRugby.com.

Also, got our tickets for next year, although they those that are less avid rugby fans do question how you can go from a place like Bilbao to Newcastle. Once they’ve thought that, they say, “Why Newcastle?”

TBH, I don't much like the idea that a lot of people see finals as a 'day out' in whatever city. It would be much better if finals tickets were sold first and foremost to supporters of the two teams, with any left over going on general sale to those who just want to do a bit of tourism.

And, FWIW, Newcastle has just as much to offer as Bilbao to the casual tourist... I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Bilbao used to be nicknamed 'the arsehole' in Spain, reflecting its industrial and polluted nature. It's only fairly recently, probably since the building of the Guggenheim museum, that it's been seen as a desirable destination... it's been cleaned up a lot, too! In a similar way, Newcastle has cleaned up its act - except, maybe, on Saturday nights!

Certainly, for supporters based in the UK, Newcastle is much easier and cheaper to get to.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 7:13am

The topic is the Pro 14 competition. I did know the dates for the ECC comp, but thought the post referred to booking a hotel for the Pro 14 final.
Sorry, I gave the wrong dates. I’ve guessed the corresponding Bank Holiday weekend date and reserved hotel accomm for that, too.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn A! Wel! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 10:18am

Sorry, I gave the wrong dates. I’ve guessed the corresponding Bank Holiday weekend date and reserved hotel accomm for that, too.
I think that's what I might do too.
Fy nheml sy'n yr Emlyn
Antietam1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antietam1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Was speaking to a Munster fan earlier today in Swindon, he was gutted that we didn’t win on Saturday, stating that he wanted us to beat Leinster and felt that if we had played for another 5 minutes we would have won. He stated that we are the best attacking team in the league and the most enjoyable to watch when we play like we did in the last 20 minutes.
He’s also looking forward to seeing Tadhg playing for them next season, although he did mention that they were building a nice pack of forwards at present, will they select him ahead of current players?.
What Munster fan doesn't want to see Leinster beaten? a few of my Munster neighbours and in laws are already talking about Tadgh needing to put on weight.Angry
badabing badabook
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 2:32pm
I know it sounds silly but very selfish but I hope Tadgh doesn't settle with Munster and pines for a return to us. Just so chuffed he is in the irish squad and would love to see him get a cap on this tour.

Edited by turkishrebel - 01 June 2018 at 2:32pm
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

And, FWIW, Newcastle has just as much to offer as Bilbao to the casual tourist... I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Bilbao used to be nicknamed 'the arsehole' in Spain, reflecting its industrial and polluted nature. It's only fairly recently, probably since the building of the Guggenheim museum, that it's been seen as a desirable destination... it's been cleaned up a lot, too! In a similar way, Newcastle has cleaned up its act - except, maybe, on Saturday nights!

Certainly, for supporters based in the UK, Newcastle is much easier and cheaper to get to.

You`ve clearly never had a night out in Whitley Bay Big smile
In Pivac we trust
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Antietam1 Antietam1 wrote:

[QUOTE=Legendinmybathroom]Was speaking to a Munster fan earlier today in Swindon, he was gutted that we didn’t win on Saturday, stating that he wanted us to beat Leinster and felt that if we had played for another 5 minutes we would have won. He stated that we are the best attacking team in the league and the most enjoyable to watch when we play like we did in the last 20 minutes.

What Munster fan doesn't want to see Leinster beaten? a few of my Munster neighbours and in laws are already talking about Tadgh needing to put on weight.Angry
[/QUOTE
They should be careful what they want, we’ve heard that too. The problem with that is player is carrying more weight and that nearly always leads to a reduction in pace and stamina, the things that make Tadhg such a great player.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Antietam1 Antietam1 wrote:

That’ll put a smile on your face, once you’ve kept a diplomatic straight face, rushed home, poo the door and only then letting your true emotions show.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2018 at 9:06am

He is a superb player and I think out set up, the way we play brings out the best in him - like Shingler in some ways.

Will Tadhg work in Munster? I'm not 100% convinced as they are far more structured. I'm not 100% he will be anywhere near as effective for them as they dont seem to give freedom to the players to express themselves.

I really hope it works out for him, but I do hope he wont end up like Copeland who had all the rage to go back only to have 1 Irish cap to his name.

If it doesnt work out, he will be back after this contract. He's got to give it a shot, and I hope it works for him but as stated, he has pretty stiff competition - but he may relish in that environment as well. Pob lwc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic