Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Under 20 World Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 10:13am
If you look carefully, you'll see that the AB player actually 'took off'/started the 'tackle' after Ioan had passed the ball.
Sponsored Links

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 10:35am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

If you look carefully, you'll see that the AB player actually 'took off'/started the 'tackle' after Ioan had passed the ball.
Indeed. Has to be a ban.One Jim Williams of the Blues would have been proud off .

Edited by reesytheexile - 05 June 2018 at 10:36am
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Indeed. Has to be a ban.One Jim Williams of the Blues would have been proud off .

Do you mean 'Nick', or is there a 'Jim' as well?
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 3:10pm
'Tele'a has subsequently been banned for the rest of the tournament following a three-game suspension.'
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

'Tele'a has subsequently been banned for the rest of the tournament following a three-game suspension.'

Quite right. I'm sure the ref and TMO will be spoken to and that this will be a lesson to others in the tournament, as must be devastating to miss the rest of it. It's not as if it was near the start of a likely-close game where you want to make a good, hard (but fair) tackle on a key opportunity player.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Do you mean 'Nick', or is there a 'Jim' as well?
Oops..yes Jim Wiliams former  Australian forward-another tough cookie. I meant 'nasty' Nick Williams .Wink

Edited by reesytheexile - 05 June 2018 at 5:54pm
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 6:53pm
Nick Williams wouldn't have been quick enough to hit Ioan. He has to let the opposition player run toward him before hitting  him with a high tackle.
 Apart from the occasional high tackle Nick Williams is a big  carrying 8, who was voted Blues player of the season, if I remember correctly. 
We probably could have used him against Leinster, and with a back row of him, Aaron and Cubby, (leaving Tadgh in his best position) would have had a better chance to counter the Leinster multi-player drives. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Nick Williams wouldn't have been quick enough to hit Ioan. He has to let the opposition player run toward him before hitting  him with a high tackle.
 Apart from the occasional high tackle Nick Williams is a big  carrying 8, who was voted Blues player of the season, if I remember correctly. 
We probably could have used him against Leinster, and with a back row of him, Aaron and Cubby, (leaving Tadgh in his best position) would have had a better chance to counter the Leinster multi-player drives. 

Maybe not - he was quick enough to hit John Barclay in his Ulster days, though - such was his speed, it wasn't even visible on camera! Quicker than the speed of light! He must have slowed down, since going to the Blues...
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Rich (Bris) Rich (Bris) wrote:

Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Quite right. I'm sure the ref and TMO will be spoken to and that this will be a lesson to others in the tournament, as must be devastating to miss the rest of it. It's not as if it was near the start of a likely-close game where you want to make a good, hard (but fair) tackle on a key opportunity player.

Yes, indeed.

I was disappointed in the attitude of (some of) the Baby Blacks - some made perfectly fair big hits, but others definitely went for deliberate cheap shots... Tele'a's was by some way the worst of those, and an obvious red card to all but the officials.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Nick is an aside here (my fault!) but I always felt that he is (was) a good footballer who was quick for his position but his 'edge' has let him down as we all know from time to time. I think Wayne coached him once? Yes I agree a lump like him is always very useful for a team. And back to the plot, the Kiwi got his just punishment for his lack of discipline.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 9:39am
England v France final after the French side surprised New Zealand, beating them 16-7.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 9:43am
Yes I am looking forward to seeing this young French side play. They apparently are the real deal.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 9:48am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Yes I am looking forward to seeing this young French side play. They apparently are the real deal.

Me too, I have heard good things about them. I will admit I didn't see the 2nd SF but England held on by the skin of their teeth to beat South Africa.
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

England v France final after the French side surprised New Zealand, beating them 16-7.

Having seen the French defeat of South Africa I wasn't surprised - but they totally blew NZ away first half and although the French ran out of a bit of steam in the 2nd half they were well worthy winners and the scoreboard is in many ways misleading - though of course if you don' put chances away then ..... The NZ defence was massive which was a key reason it was so close. Let's hope the French boys can reach those heights again at the weekend.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 6:37pm
Positives for me were Max Williams, Ben Fry, Cai Evans, Ioan Nicholas and Corey Baldwin.
I wasn’t impressed with any prop really, which is disappointing because I was really looking forward to Carre but he really wasn’t a stand out. His scrummaging needs to get better and he needs to get fitter.
Basham too, went quiet after the first match and was outplayed by the other Dragons 8 Ben Fry. Must remember Basham is only 18.
The thing that really crucified Wales though was poor half back play.. the 9s were really poor whilst they didn’t seem to settle on a 10 with Ben Jones and Ben Thomas playing there, then Cai Evans played there vs Argentina.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2018 at 8:25am
WoL have 'picked' the following 3 Welsh players as the ones to come out shining from the tournament & as the ones to watch in the future...

Ryan Conbeer

He scored a superlative try against Argentina and has flair and pace.

Corey Baldwin

Another Scarlets product who has risen to the challenge at this tournament. He is a nice runner who makes things happen.

Taine Basham

It is still early days and there will be a lot of debate about where his best position is, but if the lightly built Dragons youngster can handle the physicality and make his display against Australia his default setting he could develop into some player.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic