Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2018/2019 Jerseys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glyndwr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2018/2019 Jerseys
    Posted: 29 May 2018 at 7:50pm

Any idea when the designs will be released?
Loving Macrons work the past couple of seasons with us so cannot wait to see what's in store.
Sponsored Links

Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 2:21am
Yea the season before this one was definitely their best work.
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 9:55am
Originally posted by glyndwr glyndwr wrote:

Any idea when the designs will be released?
Loving Macrons work the past couple of seasons with us so cannot wait to see what's in store.

Really? I think it's been awful.. The sooner we get rid of them the better.
Wrigley Man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrigley Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 10:09am
Problem we have with Macron is that we are selecting merchandise from lower down in their range. Apparently (before last season) we were shown merchandise from Scotland & Glasgow’s range but decided not to stock them. Although I agree with the majority of fans that Macron isn’t the best supplier they do manufacture some decent rugby wear, but stuff that the Scarlets don’t wish to stock in the range.
If you look at the stuff that Macron do for Scotland and Italy there’s some decent stuff in the mix. 
The small number of items that I bought last season (mainly player range) I’ve been happy with.
Allez Scarlets
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 11:15am
There does seem to be a mix in the quality.

Their Halfpenny fleece is one of the best pieces of Scarlets merchandise I've ever owned.

But some of the t-shirts seem cheap with poorly stitched badges.
New KALAMAFONI - BEAST MODE t-shirt now available online.

Plus a new 'Sosban Fach Scoundrels' range.

Paste the link below into your URL:
https://llanelli.teemill.com/
InTheBath View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InTheBath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 11:37am
The Italian hoodie is great, would love something like that for us.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 11:45am
the halfpenny fleece is very good, but some of the t-shirts are a bit poor. have to say the sizing is great either as anyone who is well built is struggling with sizes and the prices are higher that previous suppliers
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 1:32pm
I like the designs just not the quality or price.
Bought the away jersey this year, the stitching is poor the fabric around the logo was stretched and faded. Probably won’t buy next years stuff.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 1:49pm
The quality and design of this season's top from Macro is the best looking and quality I have had in a good few years. Really like them. Can't comment about any other merchandise as only bought jerseys and socks for the boys and me.
Scarlets before Wales
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 2:48pm
I don’t think a company that run out of stock is that clever. Hope they learnt their lesson. The guy on twitter had so many complaints about that and sizes amongst other things he started blocking people. Their t-shirts for the quarters and semis looked really amateur.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 6:50pm
The cheaper polos and thsirts are just that. Cheap. Not even macron. Same polos as what I have in work with different embroidery!

The actual macron stuff, I’ve liked and bought a few.
Hopefully next season we will see more macron stuff and less of the cheaper polos/tshirts.

Why would Scarlets not decide to get in stock from macrons range? I thought macron controlled the shop and stock. We handed everything over to them in quite a big deal didn’t we?
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

The quality and design of this season's top from Macro is the best looking and quality I have had in a good few years. Really like them. Can't comment about any other merchandise as only bought jerseys and socks for the boys and me.

Is that the best shirt in the last couple of years?

The Rhino and Burdda supporters shirts were quality cotton and still going strong.
glyndwr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glyndwr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Wrigley Man Wrigley Man wrote:

Problem we have with Macron is that we are selecting merchandise from lower down in their range. Apparently (before last season) we were shown merchandise from Scotland & Glasgow’s range but decided not to stock them. Although I agree with the majority of fans that Macron isn’t the best supplier they do manufacture some decent rugby wear, but stuff that the Scarlets don’t wish to stock in the range.
If you look at the stuff that Macron do for Scotland and Italy there’s some decent stuff in the mix. 
The small number of items that I bought last season (mainly player range) I’ve been happy with.

The scottish jersey with tartan trim has been my favourite jersey for a long time of any kit supplier.
merchandise though I will say hasn't been great and stock availability issues have been less than great. How long is the Macron deal on for anyway?
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 8:40pm
In my day you could get bullied for wearing Macron.....will nobody think of the children?

Adidas.
Bumpy Port View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumpy Port Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 10:01pm
Gilbert and kooga first time around were far superior than macron kit. Bought a fleece Gilbert jacket from Gail when she was in the portakabin shop in stradey. It's still going strong. Can't see any of the new clothing lasting anywhere like that long.   The kit seems like a league 2 football team - supporters polo shirts too shiny. Polyester is such a lovely material....
Bumpy Port View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumpy Port Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 10:07pm
You are right Speedy - it's like when Woolworths sold football boots with 3 white stripes (trademark laws weren't so strictly enforced then!!) everyone knew they weren't real and that's how the kit looks now. Pale imitation of what should be the classiest kit of the regions.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic