Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales team vs. S.Africa 02/06/18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wales team vs. S.Africa 02/06/18
    Posted: 31 May 2018 at 1:04pm
Sponsored Links

minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 1:06pm
South Africa team to face Wales: Curwin Bosch; Travis Ismaiel, Jesse Kriel, Andre Esterhuizen, Makazole Mapimpi; Elton Jantjies, Ivan van Zyl; Ox Nche, Chilliboy Ralepelle, Wilco Louw, Jason Jenkins, Pieter-Steph du Toit (capt), Kwagga Smith, Oupa Mohoje, Dan du Preez

Replacements: Akker van der Merwe, Steven Kitshoff, Thomas du Toit, Marvin Orie, Sikhumbuzo Notshe, Embrose Papier, Robert du Preez, Warrick Gelant
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 1:18pm
Well, I suppose they have avoided picking most of the Scarlets starters from last week in the 15, which is sensible...

What does it mean: 22 Patchell/G Davies? Is Patch injured and if so do they expect Cawdor to cover 10 in the event that Anscombe has to go off??? Some of us felt that the Blues' Jarrod Evans should have been on this trip...

Edited by aber-fan - 31 May 2018 at 1:18pm
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Well, I suppose they have avoided picking most of the Scarlets starters from last week in the 15, which is sensible...

What does it mean: 22 Patchell/G Davies? Is Patch injured and if so do they expect Cawdor to cover 10 in the event that Anscombe has to go off??? Some of us felt that the Blues' Jarrod Evans should have been on this trip...
Pathchell is carrying an injury and will have a late fitness test
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Pathchell is carrying an injury and will have a late fitness test

Thanks. So not taking Evans looks like even more of a mistake now...Confused
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 2:17pm
If Patchell doesn't make it looks as if Hadleigh will have to cover 10. If Jarrod has gone on holiday he may well be getting a call once their arrive in Argentina. 
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 3:24pm
Now If I had to play Cawdor in any position other than 9 it would be on the wing as he has loads of power and pace and an excellent hand-off. 
Personally I wouldn't let him anywhere nearer the outside-half position than 9 or you can probably say goodbye to having a variety of options which include kicking as an attacking or defensive option.
If he does get a chance at 10, I hope he proves me wrong, as he might well do if he gets good ball and more time for decision making.  
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 4:40pm
Congratulations to Tom Prydie- latest Scarlets international.

And yes Jarrod Evans should have been on the trip....
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Now If I had to play Cawdor in any position other than 9 it would be on the wing as he has loads of power and pace and an excellent hand-off. 
Personally I wouldn't let him anywhere nearer the outside-half position than 9 or you can probably say goodbye to having a variety of options which include kicking as an attacking or defensive option.
If he does get a chance at 10, I hope he proves me wrong, as he might well do if he gets good ball and more time for decision making.  

I suppose, looking at the rest of the bench, it would be Hadleigh to come on at 10 in place of Anscombe - we know he can play there, even though his kicking game isn't of the standard needed at 10 for test rugby... I guess Cawdor would cover wing as you suggest.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 5:11pm
South Africa name seven new caps in the starting XV and another six uncapped players on the bench.... No doubt partly because of the leakage of players to Europe but also due their determination to have 50-50 racial representation at the next WC.

We have two players starting who also played in the win over France.

Gwyn Jones calls it " a shambles"Thumbs Down

And Gats is calling anyone who calls it a waste of time "bitter and twisted"..... Angry

The Os, who thought they had signed a centre and a wing, find they have signed two centres.Confused

Scott, who moved from a club with two other international centres, finds himself still in a club with two other international centres- the current incumbents in fact. Ouch

And if you are a player for a successful silver-ware challenging region (us), you will win fewer caps than if you represent a middle table outfit (that's challengeable, I know, but it sounds good!)

All boiling up to a great occasionOuch
rygbi11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rygbi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 6:17pm
Hadleigh Parkes can play 10 if need be.
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 6:47pm
I don't think George is a centre and I suspect Saturday will help show that. I also suspect Gats believes that as he's had so many years to get him playing at Centre. I would certainly pick Scott over him so don't think Scott needs to worry
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 4:59am
Nice and warm there in the DC swamp.....doubt I will watch it.

Edited by Dafen Boy - 01 June 2018 at 5:00am
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 5:40am
Originally posted by John John wrote:

South Africa name seven new caps in the starting XV and another six uncapped players on the bench.... No doubt partly because of the leakage of players to Europe but also due their determination to have 50-50 racial representation at the next WC.

And Gats is calling anyone who calls it a waste of time "bitter and twisted"..... Angry

The Os, who thought they had signed a centre and a wing, find they have signed two centres.Confused

Scott, who moved from a club with two other international centres, finds himself still in a club with two other international centres- the current incumbents in fact. Ouch

And if you are a player for a successful silver-ware challenging region (us), you will win fewer caps than if you represent a middle table outfit (that's challengeable, I know, but it sounds good!)

I’m astonished why anyone thinks any Scarlet player would get picked this week.

The only reason a few are on the bench is because we have 13 out of the 31 on tour.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 6:39am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I’m astonished why anyone thinks any Scarlet player would get picked this week.

The only reason a few are on the bench is because we have 13 out of the 31 on tour.

Of course, you're right - the timing is very poor by the WRU, given that the Scarlets played in the pro-14 final. Unfortunately, that's where we're at, so some of the boys will simply have to turn out.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 9:58am

That 50/50 racial thing is a terrible idea. Players should be picked on how good they are not colour surely? Wales should win tomorrow even with the team selected. Gutted for shings and navidi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic