Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales team vs. S.Africa 02/06/18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Not knowing the laws OR not containing Mr Woordward's infamous TCUP (Think Clearly Under Pressure) is what separates the best from the rest, in my book. Earlier on today I saw Dane Blacker (Wales u20s 9) try to take a mark from a kickoff. I'd like to not be cynical enough to think that someone's whose job is to play rugby doesn't know the laws of the game.

Yes, indeed - it's always a bit of a surprise when players don't know the 'basic' laws. Some laws are fairly open to interpretation, and then it makes sense for the ref and players to discuss exactly what is required - as happens quite often nowadays, between top refs and top players.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2018 at 9:52am
Ryan Elias revealed he broke his nose whilst attempting a clear out towards the end of the South Africa match.

"Yea, it's not a great look for me to be honest with you," joked Elias. "Believe it or not, I was quite a good looking guy before this happened. I went for a counter ruck and it didn't end well for me. A knee caught me in my nose and broke it. Geoff, the doctor, did a pretty good job putting it back into place after the game. It hurt a bit, it wasn't too nice."

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2018 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Ryan Elias revealed he broke his nose whilst attempting a clear out towards the end of the South Africa match.

"Yea, it's not a great look for me to be honest with you," joked Elias. "Believe it or not, I was quite a good looking guy before this happened. I went for a counter ruck and it didn't end well for me. A knee caught me in my nose and broke it. Geoff, the doctor, did a pretty good job putting it back into place after the game. It hurt a bit, it wasn't too nice."

So is Elias fit to play on Saturday? Are three hookers in the squad (I can't remember)?

I football, no doubt a player in that situation would come out wearing a snorkel-type mask, but that wouldn't be allowed in rugby!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2018 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

So is Elias fit to play on Saturday? Are three hookers in the squad (I can't remember)?

I football, no doubt a player in that situation would come out wearing a snorkel-type mask, but that wouldn't be allowed in rugby!

Ian McKinley wears something similar because of eye damage.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2018 at 6:52pm
Footie may well have had some Phantom of the Opera type protection in the past.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 4:37pm
I don't mean this in any way as a dig, but we hear a lot about all the great young players coming through the Irish system and how they have a great assembly-line coming from the schools (especially in Leinster) but they are currently losing to Scotland U20s 45 - 29 (with Scotland very deserving of that lead - some great backs they have). Is it just that many of the Irish U20s are away touring with the Irish senior side?

Anyway good to see Scotland U20s doing well (they beat England in the Six Nations as well)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Rich (Bris) Rich (Bris) wrote:

I don't mean this in any way as a dig, but we hear a lot about all the great young players coming through the Irish system and how they have a great assembly-line coming from the schools (especially in Leinster) but they are currently losing to Scotland U20s 45 - 29 (with Scotland very deserving of that lead - some great backs they have). Is it just that many of the Irish U20s are away touring with the Irish senior side?

Anyway good to see Scotland U20s doing well (they beat England in the Six Nations as well)

The Irish have done very well over the years in bringing through players to the senior sides, but at U20 level nations have ups and downs, reflecting variability in quality from one year to the next, and also sometimes decisions to select younger players to give them experience, on a 2 year cycle. This may be one of Ireland's relatively poor crops of players.. time will tell.

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 8:47pm
If Ireland lose to a decent Japan side they drop to Tier 2 of the U20’s.
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 8:48pm
England work the opposite eway always strong but get frozen out at senior level
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic