Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Glasgow home fixture petition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2018 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

This subject raises a good point but it also raises the point of some people complaining so much about the league I don’t know why they bother coming to games.
So people should never complain/suggest improvements about/for a product they pay for? Hmm 🤔

They obviously don’t realise it won’t change. It’s not as if you’re sending a meal back because it’s cold.

Does this mean you’ve never talked negatively about a film or television show where you didn’t like the direction they took, an album you didn’t like, or political decision you didn’t agree with?

Have you never, in all your years of being involved with rugby, never said the words “come on ref” ?

Surely that won’t change it. But if you’re investing in something with time, money, effort; pretty sure you’re allowed to disagree with things you don’t like about it.

Oh,come on! You know perfectly well that SA14 never moans about anything...Wink
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2018 at 7:04pm
SA14 is a postcode of everlasting joy, I understand.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2018 at 7:09pm
I think the moderator amongst the posters ought to be keeping us on topic, rather than leading us astray.

Or is it me?

Edited by Eastern outpost - 08 June 2018 at 7:09pm
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2018 at 7:51am
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

If the WRU ordered us to play a home game at the Millennium Stadium instead of y Parc would we be allowed to moan then?

How about 3 games at the Millennium Stadium?

Or 5 games at the Millennium Stadium?

Or forced us to play in Swansea and changed our name to the South Wales Jacks. Playing in white

Would we be allowed to moan then?

M

O

A

N

They’d be valid moans. I’m talking about the continuous ones about refs, kick off times etc.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2018 at 8:41am
So We are only allowed to criticise the things that you think are worthy of criticism?

Is there a check list somewhere we can reference so we know whats ok to criticise and what's not?
Quicksilver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quicksilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2018 at 10:27am
I'm sorry that some seem to think that the Warriors fans concerns are just moans. Obviously I don't see it that way and everyone is entitled to an opinion. My request was just that, a request that you consider giving us your support, if you deem that are concerns are valid, and especially so if you agree that the decision of the SRU could actually affect all of the teams in the Pro14 and not just Glasgow.

If you do not think it worthy, then fair enough, don't sign the petition. I would certainly hope that my request does not spark an internal Scarlets fans argument, that was never the intention and it sadly seems that has what has occurred.

Best of luck for the coming season and we look forward to hosting you at Scotstoun in the coming season.

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2018 at 10:45am
I agreed with the point about Glasgow.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2018 at 10:45am
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

So We are only allowed to criticise the things that you think are worthy of criticism?

Is there a check list somewhere we can reference so we know whats ok to criticise and what's not?

Yes. It’s secret.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2018 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Quicksilver Quicksilver wrote:

I'm sorry that some seem to think that the Warriors fans concerns are just moans. Obviously I don't see it that way and everyone is entitled to an opinion. My request was just that, a request that you consider giving us your support, if you deem that are concerns are valid, and especially so if you agree that the decision of the SRU could actually affect all of the teams in the Pro14 and not just Glasgow.

If you do not think it worthy, then fair enough, don't sign the petition. I would certainly hope that my request does not spark an internal Scarlets fans argument, that was never the intention and it sadly seems that has what has occurred.

Best of luck for the coming season and we look forward to hosting you at Scotstoun in the coming season.

Quicksilver, your thread is fine.

Please don’t mind our little internal jousting with Postcode. It’s just a little internal spat.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2018 at 1:09pm

It's a forum mate so don't worry about it. I agree it's a shocking decision that they want two home games for the gunners again, petition signed and wish you the best of luck getting it turned over as it shows pure favouritism!
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2018 at 2:22pm
Petition signed. It’s not on the unions think that they can dictate where teams play their home games. The Warriors choose to play their games at Scotstoun, which has a synthetic playing surface (an advantage for them), but a small capacity (a disadvantage financially). Their fans purchase season tickets to watch them play their games in Glasgow, not in Murrayfield, 40/50 miles away, and a ground which is the home ground for Edinburgh during certain parts of the season.
If the Warriors wanted to move certain games to larger grounds for financial reasons, then that’s a different matter all together, but they shouldn’t be made to play a home fixture against a rival team to a Venue that is often thought of as the home ground of that rival team, essentially giving Edinburgh 3 home fixtures against their nearest and dearest rivals.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2018 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Quicksilver, your thread is fine.

Please don’t mind our little internal jousting with Postcode. It’s just a little internal spat.

I agreed with you Quicksilver if you read back. I’m talking about complaining about the same topics as if they’ll change.

Edited by SA14 - 10 June 2018 at 5:30am
scottymhor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottymhor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 5:11pm
I am sorry to bring this to your forum, but since signatures for the petition are being gathered from here as well as other clubs it is important you have something like the full picture.

Rather than each having two home games on alternating seasons, Glasgow and Edinburgh will each have one home game and one notionally neutral game as part of the SRU’s showcase event, albeit at Murrayfield where Edinburgh currently play. The 'neutral' game is included in both sets of supporters season tickets.

Perhaps the most important point is that Glasgow Warriors in the shape of their CEO Nathan Bombrys has stated that they support this format. Whilst some people are clearly unhappy, Glasgow Warriors are hardly likely to support something that puts them at a competitive disadvantage.

As far as 'integrity of the competition goes' Edinburgh fans see this as perpetuating an advantage Glasgow have. Very few tickets at Scotstoun are made available to Edinburgh fans, so they are always outnumbered roughly 10 to one. This allows a hostile atmosphere to be created which is impossible for Edinburgh to create at Murrayfield (without literally filling the stadium). Prior to leaving Myreside, Cockerill made it clear he’d rather not play 1872 matches at Murrayfield for this reason.

Playing at Murrayfield means any Glasgow fan who wants one can get a ticket. At least 50% more Glasgow fans come to the 1872 games played at Murrayfield than those played at Scotstoun. Tickets at Scotstoun are not an issue for season ticket holders, but for more casual fans they are. In the biggest crowds of the year for either club (by a huge margin), the crowd numbers at Murrayfield for each club are roughly similar.

The outcome will be that in each season there will be one game where Edinburgh fans are hugely outnumbered, and two where the fan numbers are roughly similar. Note that even when Edinburgh move to the new stadium this will remain the case. Edinburgh will never be in the same restricted supply situation Glasgow is.

Last but not least, a lot of Glasgow fans also agree with the notion that the pro clubs should encourage links with the amateur clubs, and it is right and proper that the pro teams participate in Scottish rugby’s showcase event.

In summary, fans from both teams are unhappy, the Glasgow CEO supports it, and the Edinburgh coach opposes it. The SRU are happy as it generates maximum revenue for them, and therefore indirectly both clubs. That to me sounds like something close to a balanced outcome was reached. 

Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 7:28pm
Some good points well made there, Scottymhor
Quicksilver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Quicksilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 2:21pm
Hello again folks. Update on this topic for those who are interested.   The SRU have announced that the three fixtures between Glasgow and Edinburgh will now take place once at Murrayfield (Dec 18) one at Scotstoun (Jan 19) and the final game (and third leg of the 1872 cup) on the last day of the season at an enlarged capacity Scotstoun. In other words the SRU have seemingly listened to the fans concerns and to the views of our CE.

This is a fantastic result from my point of view, and that of many other Warrior fans. I would like to thank all of the Scarlets fans who voiced support and signed the petition. We don't know what actually tilted the balance in our favour but I would like to think that your support did add weight to our arguments.

A lot of work was done by our official fan club arranging meetings and compiling points of view and letters to add to the argument. It would seem that common sense does prevail in some cases.

Thanks again for your support and enjoy the coming season.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 3:13pm
Well done and good to know that your union listens to reason.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic