Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Heineken Champions Cup Draw 2018-19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2018 at 9:45am
Originally posted by SAV SAV wrote:

Didnt Bath underestimate us .

No I don't think so at all. I think they knew we messed up at our place and that if the pitch and weather were good for the match in Bath then it would be very tough. Perhaps not expecting it to be THAT tough though!
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2018 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Rich (Bris) Rich (Bris) wrote:

Originally posted by SAV SAV wrote:

Didnt Bath underestimate us .

No I don't think so at all. I think they knew we messed up at our place and that if the pitch and weather were good for the match in Bath then it would be very tough. Perhaps not expecting it to be THAT tough though!
We had one of those days. Most commentators said we were unplayable that evening. Wouldn't it be great to start the season in that form?

The current coaches are a fantastic crop. I really hope their last year ends in silverware, or a HC final
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2018 at 2:15pm
Don't want to peak to early look what happened to Glasgow. We've been peaking at the right time just need something extra to beat Leinster or sexton to be out.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2018 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Mundoscarlet Mundoscarlet wrote:

Honestly, if this tigers fan is of the general consensus of them, I think your in for an almighty shock this year. Direct paste from their forum wall 🙄Racing can blow hot and cold at times and no longer have Carter. Lambie is out for six months so it’s Russell at ten. Catch him on a bad day and you can get after them. For Scarlets, they’ve lost Berne, Barclay and Williams, all key players in their success of the last few seasons and I’m not convinced the replacements are as good. Good set of backs and play fast rugby, it’s Patchell that really makes them tick, massively under rated. Halfpenny is on the down slope and doesn’t pose a threat in open play any more, their back three isn’t exceptional, but the centres are and it’s that 10-12-13 area that you have to neutralise. They also don’t have any depth so if there are injuries there’s a massive drop off in talent (see the pasting Edinburgh gave their second string near the end of the season and compare it to the playoff game v Glasgow a few weeks later). So although a bit of luck would be required, it’s far from impossible. Alternatively Tigers might meet Russell on one of his complete genius days and get ripped into shreds, and Scarlets might have everyone fit and firing with their forwards clicking.

We played our thirds 4ths and 5ths against edin!!!! lol. We rested everyone for Leinster in the hc the following week. I dont blame them for thinking that was our 2nds tho.

But we had conbeer tom williams and varndell as our back 3 that day. aled davies 3rd choice 9. But we got no depth.

lovely.
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2018 at 12:11pm
There are some proper sh*t kick off times there.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2018 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by NeylandAllBlack NeylandAllBlack wrote:

I never cease to be amazed at the clout that some of these clubs seem to have when it comes to getting their fixtures.
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2018 at 12:28pm
Rd 1 - SCA v R92 - PyS, Sat 13 Oct, 17:30
Rd 2 - TIG v SCA - Welford Rd, Fri 19 Oct, 19:45
Rd 3 - SCA v ULS - PyS, Fri 7 Dec, 19:45
Rd 4 - ULS v SCA - Kingspan, Fri 14 Dec, 19:45
Rd 5 - SCA v TIG - PyS, Sat 12 Jan, 17:30
Rd 6 - R92 v SCA - Paris LD Arena, Sat 19 Jan, 16:15 (Paris time)

Racing at home up first, then away to Tigers on a Friday night.
December double-headers against Ulster, both Friday night.
Final block - home to Leicester then finish in Paris.
3 Friday night games, 3 Sat evening, but no Sunday fixtures. (Cardiff have 4 Ouch)

Edited by NobbySosban - 17 August 2018 at 2:28pm
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2018 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Originally posted by NeylandAllBlack NeylandAllBlack wrote:

I never cease to be amazed at the clout that some of these clubs seem to have when it comes to getting their fixtures.

What do you mean?
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2018 at 3:56pm
Good news with that IMO. Good to be home first and hopefully get momentum from a win.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2018 at 4:00pm

Good news with that IMO. Good to be home first and hopefully get momentum from a win.

Away I’ve always found is best. If it comes to the groups being Tight in the 6th round (as happens the majority of the time with loads of permutations) a home advantage is vital.
multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2018 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Away I’ve always found is best. If it comes to the groups being Tight in the 6th round (as happens the majority of the time with loads of permutations) a home advantage is vital.

I agree. ALL the pressure is now on us beating racing at home or we will probably HAVE to win at wellies road. No treviso this time to give you the banker 10 points
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2018 at 4:27pm
Absolutely gutted with fixtures. Was planning on doing all three away fixtures but a Friday night means I am not going. Absolute crap
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
Ian Lewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2018 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by multinational multinational wrote:

Absolutely gutted with fixtures. Was planning on doing all three away fixtures but a Friday night means I am not going. Absolute crap

Ditto
It's not always about where you end up, it's about how you get there.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2018 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by multinational multinational wrote:

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I agree. ALL the pressure is now on us beating racing at home or we will probably HAVE to win at wellies road. No treviso this time to give you the banker 10 points

That first Treviso game wasn't much of a banker though lol
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2018 at 6:24pm
I can see the benefit of playing away first when as a team you lack confidence but this year we should go into that first game knowing we will win if at our best and put pressure on Racing who, with a bit of luck, will be out by the time we play them in Paris on the last weekend :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic