Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales v Argentina

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by Rich (Bris) Rich (Bris) wrote:

He didn't bite him!!

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/wales-win-ends-red-card-ugly-incident/

The incident is slowed down considerably on here. I know what I can see. And I suggest that the medic sees the same thing as he pushes Moriarty`s head away.
In Pivac we trust
Sponsored Links

Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 8:40am
I can't see a bite there though I can see you could read it like that. Sanchez in the seconds after that does nothing to suggest someone has bitten him. I suspect one of two things - either as I suspect that he was whispering kind words to him or secondly that he put his teeth on his ear without biting in a 'letting him know' way in response to Ross being really bitten - but I've seen nothing to suggest Ross was. That said something to got to him and it can't just have been that push from Sanchez before to make him act like that.

We will find out from the disciplinary and think we should hold off accusing him of biting until after that, based on that unclear evidence.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 2:44pm
So Morriarty has come out on Social Media following fans criticism of his actions & reads: "I appreciate the hate messages... when you hide behind your keyboard you maggots".
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

So Morriarty has come out on Social Media following fans criticism of his actions & reads:
"I appreciate the hate messages... when you hide behind your keyboard
you maggots".

This is the only social-type media I do and I don't know what messages on what forums he is referring to but on the basis of some hateful things I am aware have been said about players on other forums before, then if it is similar I have to say WELL SAID ROSS!!

Unfortunately Social Media gives license to some of those who 'back in the day' would never be listened to (or would be told to shut it - and would) to write what they like based, in some cases, on next to zero appreciation of what they are writing hateful stuff about.

I think people should work on the basis of only writing what they would be prepared to say to the person in questions face.
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 3:02pm
So, the consensus seems to be that this was a good tour for Wales, with 3 wins from 3 and some strength in depth being built behind the rested Lions. Not sure how strong the opposition really were, but scraping a win v the Boks is always good, and beating Los Pumas in their own back yard is never easy.

A shame that 4 Scarlets finished their tour early with injuries, but Steff, Hadleigh & Wyn maintained or enhanced their reputations, and Samson probably shouldn't have travelled in the first place - without a clear rival emerging at tight-head, his place is safe & he's crucial to the team, although Dillon Lewis showed up well around the field.

Rob showed that he's the man for the 1 shirt, and Ryan held his hand up to be Ken's successor at domestic & international levels, though Elliot Dee will be pushing him in the Wales squad. Cubby proved that he can do it at Test level, and I'm sure he made sure that the tour party never stopped bouncing - if Gats & Co have taken to him as a personality after getting to know him on tour, he'll get more chances, although Ellis Jenkins looks like the next back-row golden boy, especially after being given co-captaincy.

Cawdor & Scott were solid if largely unspectacular when given chances, as was Aled, although I'm not sure his performance in the final Test will increase his stock - interesting to see how he gets on as 1st choice at Ospreys next season. Tomos Williams will rival Cawdor for the 9 shirt, and I still wonder if a way will be found to get Rhys Webb back in the mix for the World Cup.

Patch had a great couple of games at 10, and seems to have edged ahead of Anscombe with his all-round game, although I'm sure that rivalry will ebb & flow - much depends on what form Biggar can find at Saints, but Rhys's confidence should be further up after the tour.

Tom Prydie did OK and will have benefited massively from the vote of confidence from being in the squad - he may ultimately not be in the reckoning for the Wales 23, but looking forward to seeing how he kicks on from the start of pre-season.

Of the others, Hallam Amos seems to be in the mix at full-back having been given 3 starts there on tour - he's a great addition to the options in the back 3 - and Josh Adams really took his late chance. Loved how he, like Steff, goes hunting for possession, and was aggressive in defence too - George North seemed to be inspired to do the same more often.

Cory Hill & Adam Beard showed they can do a job and push the established locks like Bradley Davies - Jake will have more rivals in the second row when he comes back. Not sure we saw enough from Owen Watkin or Aaron Wainwright to think they're pushing for places yet, and I'm still mystified that Seb Davies wasn't given a start at lock. The tour did confirm that Rhodri Jones's return to the loose-head is the right decision for him, mind. Nicky Smith, Tomas Francis & Josh Turnbull add useful cover.

And finally to Ross Moriarty - like Amos, he started all 3 Tests in the same position, and went at it hammer and tong as a tackler and a ball-carrier. What possessed him to choke and choke Sanchez with the game won and in direct defiance of the assistant ref, we may never know. But it underlined that he is still not ready to be Faletau's understudy, and it confirmed that he is very much a Moriarty.

He'll have a good rest now, I'm sure, and his debut for the Dragons will be put on ice - hope all the bois rest well after a long season, and are ready for the domestic challenges ahead of the World Cup.

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 3:05pm

This is the only social-type media I do and I don't know what messages on what forums he is referring to but on the basis of some hateful things I am aware have been said about players on other forums before, then if it is similar I have to say WELL SAID ROSS!!

Unfortunately Social Media gives license to some of those who 'back in the day' would never be listened to (or would be told to shut it - and would) to write what they like based, in some cases, on next to zero appreciation of what they are writing hateful stuff about.

I think people should work on the basis of only writing what they would be prepared to say to the person in questions face.

Selection of some published comments below...

Correct referee decision. Unacceptable behaviour by Moriarty. Not only unnecessarily aggressive, but ignored a lineman and a medic!

Disgraceful behaviour, regardless of the push he got in the face while on the ground. Strangling and refusing to let go, what a great role model for the kids. Needs a long ban by World Rugby.

I hope world rugby dish out a lengthy ban for his disgusting actions.

Yes because choking a player on a professional pitch is fine...Disgraceful.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/ross-moriarty-brands-critics-maggots-14798200

Edited by minded - 18 June 2018 at 3:26pm
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 4:46pm

So Morriarty has come out on Social Media following fans criticism of his actions & reads:
you maggots".

Each to his own, but I think it would have been better in the long term if Ross had not hit out at his critics in this way. People now know that when baited he will respond. Some will make capital out of this, and perhaps one day someone will over react and cause a serious stir.

Ultimately the quotes that I've seen criticise his actions, and not him as a person.

The first two quotes above merely state the facts of the case.

Edited by ap sior - 18 June 2018 at 4:48pm
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

you maggots".

Each to his own, but I think it would have been better in the long term if Ross had not hit out at his critics in this way. People now know that when baited he will respond. Some will make capital out of this, and perhaps one day someone will over react and cause a serious stir.

Ultimately the quotes that I've seen criticise his actions, and not him as a person.

Yes... first on the pitch (there was clear provocation, but Ross definitely over-reacted in a wholly unacceptable way) and now he's doubled up by responding to comments on social media... quite possibly some of these went beyond what we'd consider fair criticism, but he'd have done better to keep his head down on this occasion, IMO.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 7:20pm
Surely Ross is not referring to those comments quoted from WOL as hateful. They are not
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 7:35pm
 I also thought Moriarty bit Sanchez too..
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 7:48pm
Morriaty was aiming the spocial media post to the 100s of Argentina fans who sent him abuse on social media 
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

you maggots".

Seems fairly tame calling people maggots in response from a guy like him (unless he was well brought up by his mam not to swear like)... I wonder if this is choreographed and just bait to deflect social media abuse from others in future?

In any case, not a man I'd really wish to fire up but his coaches must keep an eye on where he draws the line as provocation into cards can be costly.
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2018 at 3:35pm
Following the weekend's results, with Wales, NZ & Ireland winning, and England, Australia and Scotland being defeated, Wales are up to 3rd in the World Rugby rankings, leapfrogging England & the Wallabies.

It's pretty academic at the moment, but all the heat is now on England and Eddie Jones, who says he's loving it. LOL

1 (1)  NEW ZEALAND 93.99
2 (2)  IRELAND 89.20
3 (5)  WALES 85.94
4 (3)  AUSTRALIA 85.41
5 (7)  SOUTH AFRICA 84.65
6 (4)  ENGLAND 84.35
7 (6)  SCOTLAND 81.83
8 (8)  FRANCE 79.10
9 (9)  FIJI 78.51
10 (10)  ARGENTINA 76.73

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 3:59pm
Morriarty has been handed a 4 week ban, which means he will be free to play in the 2nd round of Pro 14 fixtures.

Edited by Fscarlet - 20 June 2018 at 4:00pm
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 6:57pm
 we were 30-5 up with 2 mins left and an easy penalty
after a mega long season why not kick the damn 3 points and get out of dodge city unbeaten? instead we go tot he corner lose the ball, concede a try and get a man red carded etc etc 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

we were 30-5 up with 2 mins left and an easy penalty
after a mega long season why not kick the damn 3 points and get out of dodge city unbeaten? instead we go tot he corner lose the ball, concede a try and get a man red carded etc etc 

It's called 'game management' Roy, or in this case, the lack thereof !!!!

I seem to remember that the clock had in fact turned red !

Edited by ap sior - 20 June 2018 at 7:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic