Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pro14 fixtures?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnian scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pro14 fixtures?
    Posted: 17 June 2018 at 11:08am
Any ideas when fixtures for this season are announced so I can start planning my away trips 🍺🤑🤑🤔🍕
Sponsored Links

Craca Hyll View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craca Hyll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 11:09am
It's normally announced in July.
Sarnian scarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnian scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 11:28am
Ta
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Craca Hyll Craca Hyll wrote:

It's normally announced in July.
In past years, hasn’t it been early/mid August?

This year, according to Crys report from a meeting with PRW (I think) it’s going to be early to mid July.

This should be in time for one of the o’airlines regular summer sales.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2018 at 10:33am
Scarlets latest social media posts say that they're expecting the 2018/19 PRO14 fixtures in the 'next couple of weeks'.

Last season, with the South Africans joining, fixtures were delayed until 8th August, so it will be around a month sooner this year.

Conferences will remain the same to simplify matters for the organisers, while the focus will be on getting the Premier Sports TV 'product' right - the presenting team, commentators, graphics and tone of the presentation. PRO14 have much more input and control over this than the previous TV rights deal with BBC Wales/NI/Alba, so they want to ensure that it's packaged in an attractive way to capture new viewers in all parts of the UK.

Remember, every PRO14 game will be screened live on Premier Sports or Free Sports, so it's a huge undertaking and a big opportunity. I hope they noted the mistakes that Channel 4 made in covering the Wales & Scotland summer tour games... Shocked

So, 2 weeks to fixtures, confirmed match times shouldn't be quite so far behind, and just 10 weeks till the new season begins.Tongue

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2018 at 11:46am
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

Scarlets latest social media posts say that they're expecting the 2018/19 PRO14 fixtures in the 'next couple of weeks'.

Last season, with the South Africans joining, fixtures were delayed until 8th August, so it will be around a month sooner this year.

Conferences will remain the same to simplify matters for the organisers, while the focus will be on getting the Premier Sports TV 'product' right - the presenting team, commentators, graphics and tone of the presentation. PRO14 have much more input and control over this than the previous TV rights deal with BBC Wales/NI/Alba, so they want to ensure that it's packaged in an attractive way to capture new viewers in all parts of the UK.

Remember, every PRO14 game will be screened live on Premier Sports or Free Sports, so it's a huge undertaking and a big opportunity. I hope they noted the mistakes that Channel 4 made in covering the Wales & Scotland summer tour games... Shocked

So, 2 weeks to fixtures, confirmed match times shouldn't be quite so far behind, and just 10 weeks till the new season begins.Tongue

Great news apart from the bit in bold.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2018 at 12:17pm
I was initially expecting a reshuffle based on this season's finishing positions, but if you think of it as a 2-year cycle (so Home & Away advantage is evened out against the same opposition), it makes more sense.

The complexity of devising a new schedule based on the previous season's match-ups doesn't bear thinking about - better to spend time & energy improving other areas of the competition. Neutral officiating for one. Wink

At least our conference should be renamed Conference A, perhaps, to reflect the fact that it contains the two most recent Champions. Big smile

Gwyn Morgan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gwyn Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2018 at 12:50pm
It shouldn't be beyond the wisdom of the schedulers to make sure that the 'weakened' match ups taking place during international windows are inter-conference rather than intra-conference games.

2 season-defining 10-poimters between the 2 top teams in the conference should not be played with both teams at reduced strength.

Last season it was rushed, so I am a bit more understanding.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2018 at 1:24pm
These threads always get me....I actually thought you were posting the fixtures....maybe a question mark in the title would help.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2018 at 4:49pm
The conferences change each season. Plus the number of home and away games we play.

Edited by SA14 - 28 June 2018 at 4:57pm
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2018 at 7:14pm
The PRO14 announced that there would be no change to the conferences for next season to,preserve the reverse fixtures against those in the other conference. So, we play both Munster and Cheetahs at home but travel to Glasgow in 18/19

Edited by Eastern outpost - 28 June 2018 at 7:15pm
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2018 at 7:47pm
Conferences staying the same for two seasons makes sense that way if you have ten home games one year you know you’ll get eleven the next season. If they changed we could get shafted and still only have ten home games.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2018 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

The PRO14 announced that there would be no change to the conferences for next season to,preserve the reverse fixtures against those in the other conference. So, we play both Munster and Cheetahs at home but travel to Glasgow in 18/19

I can’t see that anywhere or is it recent?
Feverpitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feverpitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2018 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

These threads always get me....I actually thought you were posting the fixtures....maybe a question mark in the title would help.

Because it's so hard and time consuming to open the thread and read the first post
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2018 at 7:52am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

I can’t see that anywhere or is it recent?
At a guess it would be between 4 and 6 weeks ago.

It might be in the press releases regarding the TV deal.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2018 at 10:34am
Not sure it's been officially announced yet - will be covered off when the fixtures get announced, I imagine.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic