Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pro14 fixtures?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2018 at 6:51pm
Cheers re international clash info. TBH even if our internationals were allowed to go to Southern Kings on 26th Oct, if Kings are as good as last year I think it would be wise to give Foxy and all the weekend off and save them a long trip. We have a good squad and should be able to handle that & it would give our international weeks squad a tidy first game to get them gelling.
Sponsored Links

Bizmark84 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizmark84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2018 at 10:44pm
Im so pissed off with the Ospreys game being on the 22nd theres no excuses it should be boxing day

Correct me if I'm wrong but am being stupid in saying if the liberty has 2 football games and can't host then reverse the fixtures have the boxing day game at the Parc.

Thought I'd planned it perfectly this year keep the Mrs happy take her to Budapest for 3 nights on the 21st and now I got to tell her I'm not going. Any one know a good divorce lawyer hahahaha

I've now had to cheer myself up by booking flights to Glasgow on the 1st and apparently that wasn't a good move either
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 8:55am

No Pro14 derbies will be played on Boxing Day, New Year's Eve or New Year's Day in the 2018-19 season.

Instead of games held on Boxing Day, traditional holiday derbies between the Welsh, Irish, Scottish and Italian sides will be held on 22 December.

The change aims to give players more recovery time between matches.

minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

On Twitter, the Scarlets say that 9 of the 17 S4C games have been confirmed.

3 feature the Scarlets.
Does that mean the other 4 on the P14 fixtures page won't be live coverage but highlights (because we're definitely listed 7 times)?
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 9:29am
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

On Twitter, the Scarlets say that 9 of the 17 S4C games have been confirmed.

3 feature the Scarlets.
Does that mean the other 4 on the P14 fixtures page won't be live coverage but highlights (because we're definitely listed 7 times)?
These "9" appear to all be Welsh home games where S4C will be the primary coverage provider for the match, of which 3 are games played at PYS.

In the WOL article it says that our away game to Ulster first week is live on S4C, so this must be 1 of the remaining 8 live matches, it's just a case we don't know which 4 will be shown as non-live through the season.
joni_bach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote joni_bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 9:31am
I understand the frustration about the lack of Boxing Day/New Year's Day fixtures but I think it makes perfect sense, only because Boxing Day happens to fall on a Wednesday this year and that makes it more difficult to get back into the pattern of playing on weekends. 

Even last year, with a Tuesday Boxing Day, we had a 5-day turnaround for the Blues game and another 5-day turnaround for the Dragons game and remember we only managed to scrape a 4-point win against the Blues. 

So I doubt it'll be an ongoing thing. I'm seeing the positive side as I'm on hols for Christmas and last year I had to belt it down the motorway from Scotland on Boxing Day morning to get to the Ospreys game. 
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 11:34am
Gutting not having a proper Xmas fixture an I'm sure it'll have an effect of attendances. Although I hoping there will be an rfc v jacks fixture to watch.
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 1:24pm
Last year there was a lot complaining that we had such a short turnaround between the Os, Blues and dragons game, atleast this year they are more evenly spread. The English premiership had games on the weekend of 22nd last year and filled the grounds so no reason we cant do it in the pro 14
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 1:25pm
In terms of player welfare not having the boxing day game is exactly the correct thing to do. Can't see why Saturday before Christmas will have too much effect on attendance. Most people will finish work and probably less people will have family commitments, I struggle to get to boxing day games as Mrs Diego usually has some family stuff lined up for boxing day.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

In terms of player welfare not having the boxing day game is exactly the correct thing to do. Can't see why Saturday before Christmas will have too much effect on attendance. Most people will finish work and probably less people will have family commitments, I struggle to get to boxing day games as Mrs Diego usually has some family stuff lined up for boxing day.

The only thing I can think of is that its the day after black Friday so lots of people may prefer a big day/night out on the Friday over the rugby the day after...
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 4:21pm
Yep Boxing Day can be quite a problem famiky-wise so 22 good on that score and giving players rest - which also means less chance of near 2nd teams turning out for Welsh derbies
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 4:50pm
And hopefully fresher going into hopefully important European games the week after
Also isn't it great to have the dates of the games for most of the season. Gives you a chance to plan for away games

Edited by turkishrebel - 25 July 2018 at 4:51pm
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

The only thing I can think of is that its the day after black Friday so lots of people may prefer a big day/night out on the Friday over the rugby the day after...

Yea plenty of works do's and people out on Black Friday. Be interesting to see what happens.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 7:06pm
These are the games shown live on S4C

1st Sep Ulster v Scarlets 5.15pm
15th Sep Scarlets v Treviso 5.15pm
29th Sep Scarlets v S. Kings 6.30pm
1st Dec Glasgow v Scarlets 5.15pm
16th Feb Treviso v Scarlets 5.15pm
24th Feb Scarlets v Cheetahs TBC
2 March Scarlets v Munster 5pm

None of our games are on freeview.

Edited by SA14 - 25 July 2018 at 7:14pm
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2018 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Yea plenty of works do's and people out on Black Friday. Be interesting to see what happens.

Hair of the dog mun!
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2018 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

These are the games shown live on S4C

1st Sep Ulster v Scarlets 5.15pm
15th Sep Scarlets v Treviso 5.15pm
29th Sep Scarlets v S. Kings 6.30pm
1st Dec Glasgow v Scarlets 5.15pm
16th Feb Treviso v Scarlets 5.15pm
24th Feb Scarlets v Cheetahs TBC
2 March Scarlets v Munster 5pm

None of our games are on freeview.

Yep and a good complement that is.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>