Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New jersey this year?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 31>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 8:12pm

Speedy there are many people in Llanelli who have no interest in Scarlets whatsoever and many dislike us,despite us been a World renown rugby team . If we relied on just the town for our support the Scarlets would have been dead and buried long ago.

Your spot on Llandre without the support of people from all parts of our region Wales in general and all over we would not exist simple as that . 
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 8:39pm
It’s a big world out there.

People have freedom of choice to follow who they want and when they happen upon a compelling story and style, what’s not to like?

Some are stuck with blinkers on.

Lots don’t like rugby. It’s a free world.

We are looking forward to our first trek of the season for the Leinster match.

Edited by Eastern outpost - 14 August 2018 at 8:39pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
lab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Interesting point brought up on another forum. 

Why are we fishing for extra sales from a county where there are more sheep than people when we have Wales 2nd largest city 12 miles to the east?

In fact I would hazard a guess that we sell more shirts in Cardiff than we do in Pembs or Ceredigion.......
Because we(Cardis) dont mind travelling over 30 miles one way to watch the Scarlets and you got someone down the road from the parc who cant be arsed to get off their back side
lan ar bar,S10
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 9:11pm
We have a lot of folk from down West who support us-pretty unsavoury divisive comments and we also have world class Pembs Rob Evans who is a role model to youngsters down there.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

I feel totally insulted by that comment. Without the support of people outside of Llanell then i very much doubt the Scarlets would be in existence

I am not criticising the support that isnt from Llanelli so I am not sure why you put those words in my mouth.

I am wondering why we rigidly stick to imaginary boundaries when it comes to marketing?

There is a heck of a lot more population out there to attract. 
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by lab lab wrote:

Why are we fishing for extra sales from a county where there are more sheep than people when we have Wales 2nd largest city 12 miles to the east?

In fact I would hazard a guess that we sell more shirts in Cardiff than we do in Pembs or Ceredigion.......
Because we(Cardis) dont mind travelling over 30 miles one way to watch the Scarlets and you got someone down the road from the parc who cant be arsed to get off their back side

Good grief, guys mun can we not do this everytime? I am not criticising west walians and their support.

What i am highlighting is, why are we ignoring the highly populated areas around us?

There is no rule against us promoting our brand elsewhere.

Or do you just close your eyes when you see Ospreys and Cardiff shirts in sports shops across west wales?
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Speedy there are many people in Llanelli who have no interest in Scarlets whatsoever and many dislike us,despite us been a World renown rugby team . If we relied on just the town for our support the Scarlets would have been dead and buried long ago.

Your spot on Llandre without the support of people from all parts of our region Wales in general and all over we would not exist simple as that . 

yet again I never mentioned Llanelli.

Carmarthenshire long ago rebranded us to hide Llanelli.

"costa del carmarthenshire" indeed. lol.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 9:47pm
I am highlighting our innability to promote our brand beyond Bynea.

so when you are all over jumping to conclusions, please give my original point a try.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 9:49pm
This forum really has gone to the dogs, why cant anyone offer a constructive critisism without beyond pitchforked?

Dont worry bois, bach......how many shirts do we sell each year?

happy days.
and yes now i am criticising. pitchforks at the ready guys.
Scrum_Bar_Turk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Scrum_Bar_Turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 9:51pm
I argree speedy although we are the west wales rugby region we should def market and promote ourselfs all over wales and beyond to be honest when I walk around some parts west wales I see as many osperys shirts so we should also go in big time the urban areas east of Llanelli like loughor gorsenion bont gowerton south gower particularly with the likes of halfpenny playing for us
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Scrum_Bar_Turk Scrum_Bar_Turk wrote:

I argree speedy although we are the west wales rugby region we should def market and promote ourselfs all over wales and beyond to be honest when I walk around some parts west wales I see as many osperys shirts so we should also go in big time the urban areas east of Llanelli like loughor gorsenion bont gowerton south gower particularly with the likes of halfpenny playing for us

Thank you. Have a word with the rest of the "bored" will you.Wink
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

We have a lot of folk from down West who support us-pretty unsavoury divisive comments and we also have world class Pembs Rob Evans who is a role model to youngsters down there.

Explain how it was unsavoury and divisive please.

I spent many years living in Haverfordwest and Narberth thanks. It doesnt need explaining.

Edited by Speedy - 14 August 2018 at 9:57pm
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 9:58pm
does anyone have the accurate figure of how many shirts we sell annually?

lab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 10:14pm

Originally posted by lab lab wrote:

Good grief, guys mun can we not do this everytime? I am not criticising west walians and their support.

What i am highlighting is, why are we ignoring the highly populated areas around us?

There is no rule against us promoting our brand elsewhere.

Or do you just close your eyes when you see Ospreys and Cardiff shirts in sports shops across west wales?
Actually I dont I just think how pathetic the Scarlets are promoting themselves in this county 
lan ar bar,S10
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

It's because of comments like that speedy, that has made us unpopular.

What comment?

Ive said nothing that hasnt been said by others. Are they unpopular with them too?

Its all very well doing our duty to the small amount of loyal supporters that make hefty regular journeys, but youve totally missed my point.

Taken way too much offence, when I was highlighting a blinkered marketing outlook that we have always had.

It seems because the wru said in 2003 we were regions, we thought we should be restricted to the lowest populated areas in Wales?

You know we have more fans in Cardiff than we do Haverfordwest yes?

What about those guys making the journey through the M4 corridor on a friday night thro a fair amount more traffic on the rds than anyone in West Wales has to put up with.

Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 10:22pm
When Kooga were the kit sponsors,one of my friends was the retail manager at the PYS Shop. He said they Kooga wouldn't allow the kit to be sold elsewhere - rugby heaven, dw sports etc. 

Then on the other had we have DW sports in Parc Trostre selling the ospreys strip along with every other DW sports in Wales most probably. 

Are Macron doing the same? Has anyone seen the Saints kit being sold in a retail outlet anywhere?

Pretty hard to promote our brand if this is the case 

Edited by Owen111 - 14 August 2018 at 10:24pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 31>
  Share Topic