Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New jersey this year?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 31>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2018 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I mentioned earlier about them being all white and not standing out. Isn’t this better? They blend in so the jersey is predominantly red. If they were all coloured the jersey would look like you were on a psychedelic trip when you watched a game

I dont care if the sponsors are all the same colour, just not the same colour as the badge, the badge just looks like another part of the jumble of randomly spread sponsors on the front.
Sponsored Links

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2018 at 7:34pm
I never realised there were so many artistic Victoria. Beckhams and Stella McCartneys on this forum . You luvvies you 😂 I am a Grayson Perry fan personally 😉
GregJones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2018 at 10:29pm
I like it as lots of money from sponsors!

How many shirts do we sell? What do we make from that? I doubt it’s near what we get from one sponsor.
It’s our shirt and even has a hidden dragon on it so well done for raising money to keep the team going and playing like we love to see the Scarlets play.

I am imagining Jake Ball sitting before a game saying “ I’m not playing in that shirt, it’s got too many white sponsors on and it’s different coloured red”

People but a shirt as that’s what the players wear not because it looks nice!
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2018 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by GregJones GregJones wrote:

How many shirts do we sell? What do we make from that? I doubt it’s near what we get from one sponsor.
It’s our shirt and even has a hidden dragon on it so well done for raising money to keep the team going and playing like we love to see the Scarlets play.

I am imagining Jake Ball sitting before a game saying “ I’m not playing in that shirt, it’s got too many white sponsors on and it’s different coloured red”

No they don’t
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2018 at 1:59am
Why do they buy one then?
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2018 at 7:29am

If the design is a fail, and sales are low then exposure for those sponsors wasnt worth their money.

So it makes it difficult to maintain that level of sponsorship. 

Design is crucial and its something thats constantly being neglected. 

Edited by Speedy - 22 July 2018 at 7:30am
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2018 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

If the design is a fail, and sales are low then exposure for those sponsors wasnt worth their money.

Thank you for putting me right on that- I always thought shirt sponsorship was totally or at least primarily about tv viewers seeing the name of the sponsor repeatedly in close up. Even we attract a tv audience of 6 figures over a weekend particularly if brief highlights are shown on Welsh news on BBC and ITV. 

Personally I think the shirt is ok- the use of just two colours saves the day and the number of sponsors means that at a distance or glance, it looks like an abstract white pattern on a red shirt. ( I agree it isnt scarlet in colour).
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2018 at 11:19am
Originally posted by John John wrote:

Thank you for putting me right on that- I always thought shirt sponsorship was totally or at least primarily about tv viewers seeing the name of the sponsor repeatedly in close up. Even we attract a tv audience of 6 figures over a weekend particularly if brief highlights are shown on Welsh news on BBC and ITV. 

Personally I think the shirt is ok- the use of just two colours saves the day and the number of sponsors means that at a distance or glance, it looks like an abstract white pattern on a red shirt. ( I agree it isnt scarlet in colour).
Yes, just change the colour of the badge to stand out.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2018 at 11:21am
Ive given up trying to get a Scarlets coloured shirt.... and Adidas. We dont seem to want to market ourselves with top kit brands at all. Which is a shame.
Cofi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Cofi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2018 at 4:15pm
I wonder why Jon Fox and Halfpenny were not used as shirt models? If it's all about image then any side would struggle to top them!
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2018 at 4:44pm
Proper Scarlet would be complained as too orange. I’d put money on that.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2018 at 9:31pm

I would put my money on you highlighting fans moaning approach. Far better odds.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2018 at 9:51pm
Our ability to miss defining the Scarlet shade has always mystified me a bit.

Pretty important, particularly as our name is a shade. We’ve got more shades than Bono.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2018 at 11:29pm

I would put my money on you highlighting fans moaning approach. Far better odds.

I don’t think I need to highlight it.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2018 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Our ability to miss defining the Scarlet shade has always mystified me a bit.

Pretty important, particularly as our name is a shade. We’ve got more shades than Bono.

I don’t think there’s been a Scarlets kit which has been proper Scarlet. It’s always more red.
mammamammon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mammamammon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2018 at 12:19am
Just investigated wat the colour Scarlet actually looks like and saw 9 different versions before I gave up.
mammamammon

www.hopemalawiuk.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 31>
  Share Topic