Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New jersey this year?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 31>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo761 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Can someone who knows more also explain who does most of the design influence? Do the Scarlets send a brief and Macron create designs to that brief, do a Macron bring the Scarlets a selection?

As part of Garan’s chat with Ken in the Q&A yesterday he said Ken had some input into the designs of both this season’s jerseys, and that when he was Team manager him and Nerys would sit down to design them.
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/Elmo761
Sponsored Links

turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 1:48pm
how was Garan there? nice seeing him there mind but I thought he was not with the scarlets anymore.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
T_RICHARDS_94 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_RICHARDS_94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 1:52pm
Anyone else think this might be another stunt by the club to get more publicity? The home jersey brought a lot of attention from the likes of BBC Three etc. This seems to be doing the same.
It gives the local companies on there even more publicity and that can only be a good thing. I bet a lot more businesses are getting in touch with the club about the possibility of having them on there next season!
Surely the club/Macron's designer didn't look at the final product and thought it was good looking!?
Love it or hate it, doesn't really matter as long as the players perform in it.

Next season I'd like to see just 1 addition to the many logos and sponsors on there... and that's a European star above the crest Big smile
Writer for The Rugby Club
elmo761 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote elmo761 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

how was Garan there? nice seeing him there mind but I thought he was not with the scarlets anymore.

Part of the commercial team at the region now. Like most of the standing crowd he wasn’t best pleased with all the waiting around. He was very professional to be fair, and spoke well in both Welsh & English, which went down well.
Sam Cheese View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sam Cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

New alternative kit launched in Aberystwyth:

It's the first in a '3 Years, 3 Counties' strategy, where Ceredigion, Pembs and Carmarthenshire will take turns to be the main feature on the away kit. The initiative will also include the promotion of rugby, together with other activities, in the host county.

The blue sea and golden sands of Cerdigion set the colours for this season's kit, with elements of the coat of arms featuring:
  • Golden Lion: Arms of Gwaithfoed, a medieval prince of Ceredigion
  • Herring: Fishing industry
  • Wheatsheaf: Agricultural industry
  • Rose: Patron Saint of Wales, who had very close associations with the county
With all the sponsors' logos, it's quite, er, busy, but it roots the Scarlets once again into the communities from which the club draws its main support.

This kit should be in stock early in September, with the home kit due to arrive in stock by the end of this month.

You will know the vengeance of the Lord Humungus! I promise you... nobody... nobody... gets out of here alive!
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 2:55pm
didn't know that elmo. garan is a top guy and sharp with it. good to know he is still there.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

didn't know that elmo. garan is a top guy and sharp with it. good to know he is still there.

Gar is also commercial manager with Llanelli RFC so a full plate !
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 3:46pm
It's spinning too quickly for my old eyes. Just want to see it in two profiles, front and back. 😕
Keep the faith
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

It's spinning too quickly for my old eyes. Just want to see it in two profiles, front and back. 😕

Thats what I was saying. Now that Ive seen a pic of players wearing it that doesnt send me into a semi fit, I can give an honest opinion.. Its ok. In fact its as good as we could have expected.

From Macron.....
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 6:15pm
Interesting point brought up on another forum. 

Why are we fishing for extra sales from a county where there are more sheep than people when we have Wales 2nd largest city 12 miles to the east?

In fact I would hazard a guess that we sell more shirts in Cardiff than we do in Pembs or Ceredigion.......
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 6:32pm
I feel totally insulted by that comment. Without the support of people outside of Llanell then i very much doubt the Scarlets would be in existence
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 6:33pm
Yep now it's not making me feel sick trying to look at it I really like it, though it doesn't look like a Scarlets shirt (at least yet)
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 6:43pm
It's because of comments like that speedy, that has made us unpopular.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

I'm sure Wil will correct me, but doesn't the manufacturer pocket most of the cash from shirt sales?

Yes sir.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

At the risk of being cast as a pariah I frankly don't see what all the fuss over new shirts every season is all about. The income possibilities on shirt sales, as I understand, are minimal. I certainly welcome the initiative on raising sponsorship income but whether our shirts are more or less attractive than others is absolutely of zero interest. 

When the action starts I will know who my team is and that is all that matters. If the pro14 start introducing bonus league points for prettiest shirts then that is a different matter!!!Wink

The only call out around that would be that I couldn't see a shirt supplier of any note taking a commitment to make a club's strip only, I mean without the commercial opportunities of general merchandise and replica strips sales to support it see.

We may not make much money on the sale, but it's the lifeblood of the likes of Macron.

In the end it's personal choice what people spend their money on.

elmo761 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo761 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

I feel totally insulted by that comment. Without the support of people outside of Llanell then i very much doubt the Scarlets would be in existence

100% agree with you Llandre, sadly there are still those that think this is a town project. I don’t live in Llanelli, and we have 5 season tickets in this household. I know many, many people who travel from deepest Pembs and Ceredigion in their droves to support “our” region. This isn’t just about Llanelli anymore, I wish they would keep up!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 31>
  Share Topic