Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brexit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2018 at 2:05pm
sadiq khan has allowed the balloon of a baby trump in nappies to be flown over westminster
he says its no different to spitting image? erm thats a comedy tv show people can choose to watch, this is the most powerful public building in the Uk and its totally inappropriate and frankly makes sadiq look like an idiotic hypocrite
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2018 at 2:18pm
No time for Trump at all ,but he IS the democratically elected President of the USA and unlike some of the other Leaders who we host he has not bumped them off/massacred them or tortured them or similar. We need a Trade deal with the US big time and if all this comedic abuse is on TV back in the USA during an official visit, god knows what reaction this will create amongst his followers who are his life blood. GB and all Brexiteers in particular need to be very careful in my personal opinion. Hopefully someone with a slug gun will take it down within 5 minutes!! We need him in and out asap with no fuss.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2018 at 2:55pm
Well I think it's a laugh and generates publicity for the protest in a non-violent manner. This President is, of course, the one announced the intention to pull the US out of the Paris agreement and climate change poses significant risks to many of the Earth's current ecosystems.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2018 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

sadiq khan has allowed the balloon of a baby trump in nappies to be flown over westminster
he says its no different to spitting image? erm thats a comedy tv show people can choose to watch, this is the most powerful public building in the Uk and its totally inappropriate and frankly makes sadiq look like an idiotic hypocrite
Do you not believe in freedom of speech and expression then?
It’s not grossly offensive so I don’t see why it shouldn’t be flying.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2018 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

This is abuse of freedom of speech but a bunch o hypocrites who would be mortally offended if such a thing wass done to them
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2018 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Well I think it's a laugh and generates publicity for the protest in a non-violent manner. This President is, of course, the one announced the intention to pull the US out of the Paris agreement and climate change poses significant risks to many of the Earth's current ecosystems.

how do you know the paris agrement is that great? The same power brokers who run europe have long turned a blind eye to the abuses of massive car manufacturers such as vw who fiddled the emmissions on 20 million vehicles...then you have the corporations all over europe and the world decimating town centres to have their retail parks , which everyone has to drive to thus polluting the planet...they say one thing do another, depending on whose pockets get lined.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2018 at 8:53pm

This is abuse of freedom of speech but a bunch o hypocrites who would be mortally offended if such a thing wass done to them
Oh come on now Roy. Be sensible.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2018 at 9:51pm

i wont rest till i see teresa may and dianne abbot in diapers floating over the white houseLOL

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 9:02am

i wont rest till i see teresa may and dianne abbot in diapers floating over the white houseLOL

Steady on Roy that thought is bringing my breakfast back!!!!!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 9:12am
Sadiq Khan is a total muppet allowing his personal confrontation to get the better of him. He is the mayor of London for goodness sake and thinks this kind of behaviour is acceptable. Two wrongs don't make a right and never will. 

Perhaps next time a member of the ruling Saudi family visit the UK we can fly an inflatable doll with limbs missing as a peaceful protest - where does it end and has anyone thought of the ramifications. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 10:50am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Sadiq Khan is a total muppet allowing his personal confrontation to get the better of him. He is the mayor of London for goodness sake and thinks this kind of behaviour is acceptable. Two wrongs don't make a right and never will. 

Perhaps next time a member of the ruling Saudi family visit the UK we can fly an inflatable doll with limbs missing as a peaceful protest - where does it end and has anyone thought of the ramifications. 

Exactly but we know that will never happen because these so called jokes can only be aimed at white men, anything else is deemed offensive.

I recall a period about 15 years ago when there was a to be a play that was mocking Islam, the theatre was burnt to the ground. The same with the cartoonist in europe. Killed. At the same time the BBC were to show Jerry springer the musical. It portrayed Jesus as an alcoholic and Joseph as  sexual pervert. The BBC had over 50,000 complaints by letter and email, no violence, just asking it not to be aired. The BBC aired it anyway. The double standards are staggering.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 10:55am
No law against it - I'd be fully in favour of that as a protest against the Saudi royal family as well. Do you bring that comparison up for any specific reason?

It's just a childish balloon that will be in the air for 2 hrs FFS, not an assassination attempt. This country is stuck up its own arse sometimes - the same people who criticise political correctness gone mad endlessly suddenly are very sensitive about such things. Funny, that. 

Right, as Blenheim palace was totally leveled yesterday and I'm off to London tomorrow, I have to prepare myself for riots and fighting off these balloon-wielding thugs. Wish me luck guys and if I don't survive - which, lets face it I won't - please raise a glass to me at a Scarlets game next season.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 11:53am

No law against it - I'd be fully in favour of that as a protest against the Saudi royal family as well. Do you bring that comparison up for any specific reason?

It's just a childish balloon that will be in the air for 2 hrs FFS, not an assassination attempt. This country is stuck up its own arse sometimes - the same people who criticise political correctness gone mad endlessly suddenly are very sensitive about such things. Funny, that. 

Right, as Blenheim palace was totally leveled yesterday and I'm off to London tomorrow, I have to prepare myself for riots and fighting off these balloon-wielding thugs. Wish me luck guys and if I don't survive - which, lets face it I won't - please raise a glass to me at a Scarlets game next season.

There is, to me anyway, a great difference between political correctness gone mad & showing a visiting, democratically elected President the respect his office deserves. By all means take to the streets in peaceful protest but you can't honestly say that Khan would have allowed the stupid balloon idea if he hadn't been the subject of a personal confrontation with Trump. 

As for any specific reason for bringing up the Saudi family - none they are just a regime who we can find many faults with but do immense amounts of business with. You will of course be free to enjoy your trip to London as you live in a relatively peaceful democracy something none of us should ever take for granted. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 12:21pm

There is, to me anyway, a great difference between political correctness gone mad & showing a visiting, democratically elected President the respect his office deserves. By all means take to the streets in peaceful protest but you can't honestly say that Khan would have allowed the stupid balloon idea if he hadn't been the subject of a personal confrontation with Trump. 

As for any specific reason for bringing up the Saudi family - none they are just a regime who we can find many faults with but do immense amounts of business with. You will of course be free to enjoy your trip to London as you live in a relatively peaceful democracy something none of us should ever take for granted. 

I think a lot of people should consider that more often, personally. Brexit has just shown me what a lot of moaners we all are. And I'm not going to protest BTW before I get placed within Roy's bizarre generalisations.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 12:39pm

I think a lot of people should consider that more often, personally. Brexit has just shown me what a lot of moaners we all are. And I'm not going to protest BTW before I get placed within Roy's bizarre generalisations.

Hope you don't get your travel plans affected by the road closures in central London to allow for the protest marches. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 12:49pm
Oh yeah, didn't think of that. Cheers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>
  Share Topic