Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brexit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 19>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

There’s me thinking that it was the so called “liberals” who were supposed to be precious...

I find it really concerning that people think it’s acceptable to knock down people’s rights to protest. I am never going to agree with everyone’s opinions, but I always think they have a right to express them. That even goes for vile hate groups such as the EDL (until laws on hate speech are broken which they inevitably are).

The way people are so quick to jump on Khan it’s as if he commissioned the balloon himself! Like I said before it’s about freedom of speech and expression, it’s not grossly offensive why shouldn’t it fly?

The other thing that has really appalled me is some of the disgusting racial abuse sent/directed at Khan. Really makes me wonder how people think it’s acceptable, and also makes me wonder whether some people’s apparent dislike of him stems from the fact that he’s a Muslim.

By the way just want to make clear that I’m not implying that this is anyone on this forum. Just talking in general (specifically Facebook and Twitter).

Im shocked youre not allowing people to protest the protestors...Protest is fine within reason, sadly as we saw in america protests get ugly fast. This mob has costy the tax payers tens of millions of pounds, its taken 1000s of police off our streets so crime will not be covered to the same standards in areas of the country as it normally is during trumps visit. The blimp is pathetic and the hypocrites who flew it would soon be mega offended if such an insulting blimp was flown from someone in their camp. furthermore this avoids actual real discussion of the real issues. This is childs play

It cost £34,000. Imagine where that money could have gone for better purposes.

very selective sa14 ...why do you quote the £37k and ignore the tens of millions tax payers money spent on the thousands of extra police? dont tell me youre biased? I always had you down as a fair-minded well balanced pragmatist 

I’m biased towards the inflatable? You’ve lost me.
Sponsored Links

dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2018 at 8:55am
No riots, no images of thugs. Well I'm deflated.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2018 at 9:41am

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Sadiq Khan is a total muppet allowing his personal confrontation to get the better of him. He is the mayor of London for goodness sake and thinks this kind of behaviour is acceptable. Two wrongs don't make a right and never will. 

Perhaps next time a member of the ruling Saudi family visit the UK we can fly an inflatable doll with limbs missing as a peaceful protest - where does it end and has anyone thought of the ramifications. 
Why limbs missing?

Its a reference to Saudi's arcane laws.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2018 at 9:45am

There’s me thinking that it was the so called “liberals” who were supposed to be precious...

I find it really concerning that people think it’s acceptable to knock down people’s rights to protest. I am never going to agree with everyone’s opinions, but I always think they have a right to express them. That even goes for vile hate groups such as the EDL (until laws on hate speech are broken which they inevitably are).

The way people are so quick to jump on Khan it’s as if he commissioned the balloon himself! Like I said before it’s about freedom of speech and expression, it’s not grossly offensive why shouldn’t it fly?

The other thing that has really appalled me is some of the disgusting racial abuse sent/directed at Khan. Really makes me wonder how people think it’s acceptable, and also makes me wonder whether some people’s apparent dislike of him stems from the fact that he’s a Muslim.

By the way just want to make clear that I’m not implying that this is anyone on this forum. Just talking in general (specifically Facebook and Twitter).

Well Sospan it all hinges on the definition of grossly offensive. For instance protestors wanted to fly the balloon at protest in Edinburgh today but the First Minister ( no fan of Trumps) refused permission as she felt it was offensive. Its a matter of opinion. Mine is that you do not do that to a democratically elected leader. As for the offensive anti muslim stuff against Sadiq Khan I find that grossly offensive as well. 
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2018 at 10:30am

Well Sospan it all hinges on the definition of grossly offensive. For instance protestors wanted to fly the balloon at protest in Edinburgh today but the First Minister ( no fan of Trumps) refused permission as she felt it was offensive. Its a matter of opinion. Mine is that you do not do that to a democratically elected leader. As for the offensive anti muslim stuff against Sadiq Khan I find that grossly offensive as well. 

Didn't Kahn get a beach body removed because some found it offensive? If so that show is hypocrisy
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2018 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

Didn't Kahn get a beach body removed because some found it offensive? If so that show is hypocrisy

yeah he banned all bikini adverts on the tubes as its so offensive
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 2:49pm

Well that’s just not true is it but don’t let that get in the way of you knocking him.
Easy to make people look bad when you just lie isn’t it?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 3:39pm

Well that’s just not true is it but don’t let that get in the way of you knocking him.
Easy to make people look bad when you just lie isn’t it?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/sadiq-khan-there-will-be-no-more-body-shaming-adverts-on-the-tube-a3269951.html
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 5:43pm
Roy you’ve just posted an article that in itself says you were wrong..

] he banned all bikini adverts on the tubes as it’s so offensive

Originally posted by Evening Standard Evening Standard wrote:

TfL’s new advertising policy, which does not include all images of people in their underwear or swimming gear, is only expected to affect a handful of the 12,000 adverts a year which run across the network...

Mr Khan said: “As the father of two teenage girls, I am extremely concerned about this kind of advertising which can demean people, particularly women, and make them ashamed of their bodies. It is high time it came to an end.

So a) not all adverts, as you said.
And b) it’s about body shaming adverts that put pressure on young men and women using airbrushed models to pressure sell, not whether or not they’re “offensive” at all.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 5:57pm

TfL’s new advertising policy, which does not include all images of people in their underwear or swimming gear, is only expected to affect a handful of the 12,000 adverts a year which run across the network...

Mr Khan said: “As the father of two teenage girls, I am extremely concerned about this kind of advertising which can demean people, particularly women, and make them ashamed of their bodies. It is high time it came to an end.

And b) it’s about body shaming adverts that put pressure on young men and women using airbrushed models to pressure sell, not whether or not they’re “offensive” at all.

hes banned the adverts
He claims in the case of the trump protests that it is not his job to make any moral judgements about the baby blimp or the vile abusive placards like trump is a C*nt etc yet he makes moral decisions on bikini posters and many other items? Total hypocrisy. Of course the mayor of london makes decisions on morality and good taste. He chose not to because he has this petty vendetta with trump. He should have risen above it and then he could have taken the moral high ground. But allowing this filth he has lost the moral high ground and won nothing. The anti trump crowd have also mocked trumps appearance throughout, yet more hypocrisy. I am no trump fan, his anti muslim threat was disgraceful, his views on guns are insane, his treatment of the women he allegedly molested is disgraceful. I am merely pointing out the total hypocrisy on the other side too. and also highlighting other crucial where he has been doing a good job imo where this helps the millions and the masses

Edited by roy munster - 15 July 2018 at 6:01pm
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 8:50am

hes banned the adverts
He claims in the case of the trump protests that it is not his job to make any moral judgements about the baby blimp or the vile abusive placards like trump is a C*nt etc yet he makes moral decisions on bikini posters and many other items? Total hypocrisy. Of course the mayor of london makes decisions on morality and good taste. He chose not to because he has this petty vendetta with trump. He should have risen above it and then he could have taken the moral high ground. But allowing this filth he has lost the moral high ground and won nothing. The anti trump crowd have also mocked trumps appearance throughout, yet more hypocrisy. I am no trump fan, his anti muslim threat was disgraceful, his views on guns are insane, his treatment of the women he allegedly molested is disgraceful. I am merely pointing out the total hypocrisy on the other side too. and also highlighting other crucial where he has been doing a good job imo where this helps the millions and the masses

I agree Roy - Khan should have shown greater judgement. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 8:18pm
didnt see the news properly yet how did he get on with old stoneface putin>?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2018 at 8:00am

didnt see the news properly yet how did he get on with old stoneface putin>?

I'd read the news Roy - he is nothing if not entertaining!!!!!! He's got the US Intelligence community spitting feathers so he must be doing something right!!!!
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2018 at 9:35am
Putin: "We didn't interfere with the election to get Trump elected. I mean, why would we want that?"
Trump: "I believe Putin. Great guy, great guy. We're gonna do wonderful things together, wonderful things. Great guy. Wonderful things. Great guy."
Putin: "Indeed. Now quiet, I'm talking."
US Intelligence Agencies: "Sigh."
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2018 at 10:29am
I know he provides great subjects for the press and his own political structure to rail against but you have to agree that he tends to get things done. How long do we have to suffer this East/West divide? The only way to start to thaw relations is by dialogue.

In the context of non nuclear proliferation/reducing nuclear arsenals/fighting terrorism & reducing the threat of nuclear disaster whether Putin tried to influence the US elections or not is pretty small fry. 
Scarlet O'Hara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet O'Hara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2018 at 10:53am
Does he actually get things done? He thought he had signed an agreement with North Korea re disarmament when he had not. It was probably the guest book or someones birthday card.
I hope he didn't sign anything in Russia, US to become an annex of Russia ''Yes Mr Trump just sign here''

Edited by Scarlet O'Hara - 17 July 2018 at 10:56am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 19>
  Share Topic