Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Racecourse Ground

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2018 at 11:52am
Personally I think Parc Eirias would be a better venue for any games taken away from the Parc anyway. Usually good support for U20s games for example. I think if they knew we were playing up there, it would go down well.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Sponsored Links

Haruki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haruki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2018 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by BlueIce BlueIce wrote:

North Wales is still linked to Scarlets. For example two RGC players turned out for the Scarlets Premiership select last season. Although some of the control and development has been passed down to RGC and the WRU to try and promote things via RGC up North.

Although, with the rise of RGC, I don't know how long it will be until they become a proper region, I guess it depends on the Dragons. If they do, being from North Wales, I'll have to make a big decision. I've supported the Scarlets since the inception of regional rugby as they are my region. If RGC become a region, do I continue to support the Scarlets or answer the RGC call!

I see no problem with the scarlets playing the odd pre season or junior / u23 game up north...
BUT is it the ambition of RGC to become a region ? is that discussed up there? Is there some kind of template for this? Are we talking 5 to 10 years? what was the average home crowd last season?
For what its worth I would love to see the ambition for a north wales rgc region and I hope it happens
You have the stadium, the facilities and the catchment area for fans and perhaps players too
Progress has been rapid in the last few years....From lower division team to top of the welsh prem and cup holders in less than 5 years. In the meantime, even as a strong club and juniors sections, its surely great for welsh rugby to see playing participation numbers and fans rising up there. No doubt we will see other stars come through the system like George North

If watered right who knows if this seed may grow? 

Surely the catchment area is less than for the Dragons? I cannot see RGC becoming a 5th region so logic says that one of the other regions must disappear or god forbid merge.

north wales is estimated at 750,000 wrexham is estimated 136000
There are no pro sports teams in north wales at all so no competition

The rgc is a dream with solid foundations though and if it materialises it will take years 
but Id never say never

As for newport we dont necessarily have to disband the dragons in order to have RGC region one day, theyre not mututally exclusive, if augers well we may have both

Dont forget the wru debt is nearly paid off which frees up a lot of extra funding for our national sport
Dragons have been a shambles from day 1 though and the wru takeoever will hopefully see them get back on track with far stronger squads and better relations with feeder clubs and fans

We need to see regional losses falling and revenues increasing. The scarlets have certainly improved this past few years, the concerts alone have been a big boost

Ummm...what about Wrexham Football Club?
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2018 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Haruki Haruki wrote:

North Wales is still linked to Scarlets. For example two RGC players turned out for the Scarlets Premiership select last season. Although some of the control and development has been passed down to RGC and the WRU to try and promote things via RGC up North.

Although, with the rise of RGC, I don't know how long it will be until they become a proper region, I guess it depends on the Dragons. If they do, being from North Wales, I'll have to make a big decision. I've supported the Scarlets since the inception of regional rugby as they are my region. If RGC become a region, do I continue to support the Scarlets or answer the RGC call!

I see no problem with the scarlets playing the odd pre season or junior / u23 game up north...
BUT is it the ambition of RGC to become a region ? is that discussed up there? Is there some kind of template for this? Are we talking 5 to 10 years? what was the average home crowd last season?
For what its worth I would love to see the ambition for a north wales rgc region and I hope it happens
You have the stadium, the facilities and the catchment area for fans and perhaps players too
Progress has been rapid in the last few years....From lower division team to top of the welsh prem and cup holders in less than 5 years. In the meantime, even as a strong club and juniors sections, its surely great for welsh rugby to see playing participation numbers and fans rising up there. No doubt we will see other stars come through the system like George North

Surely the catchment area is less than for the Dragons? I cannot see RGC becoming a 5th region so logic says that one of the other regions must disappear or god forbid merge.

The rgc is a dream with solid foundations though and if it materialises it will take years 
but Id never say never

As for newport we dont necessarily have to disband the dragons in order to have RGC region one day, theyre not mututally exclusive, if augers well we may have both

Dont forget the wru debt is nearly paid off which frees up a lot of extra funding for our national sport
Dragons have been a shambles from day 1 though and the wru takeoever will hopefully see them get back on track with far stronger squads and better relations with feeder clubs and fans

We need to see regional losses falling and revenues increasing. The scarlets have certainly improved this past few years, the concerts alone have been a big boost

Are they still pro since being relegated out of the football league? Depends if they could afford to keep a squad of pro players in a semi pro league. 
lab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2018 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Originally posted by Haruki Haruki wrote:

but Id never say never

Are they still pro since being relegated out of the football league? Depends if they could afford to keep a squad of pro players in a semi pro league. 
Wrexham are still professional almost all the teams in the national league are pros. Also top players in that league get £1000 plus every week.
lan ar bar,S10
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic