Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Squad 2018/19 finished?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2018 at 1:22pm
Both Thomson and Collins have played this weekend in the Hurricanes vs Blues match.
Collins was playing at outside centre btw.
1 Xavier Rush   2 Rhys Priestland   3 David Lyons   Cardiff Blues - Scarlets, 26/09/09      

More carries than any of our forwards. Priestland Fan Club Proud Member
Sponsored Links

ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2018 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Mr Ian Mr Ian wrote:

Should be perfect if Collins back at end of ITM season, maybe ready for 6N window...in this moment in Auckland Blues there isnt a good situation and his left could be possible

Wouldn’t be a bad player to keep an eye on, especially if Jonny Mac does go end of the coming season.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2018 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Exkixu Exkixu wrote:

Both Thomson and Collins have played this weekend in the Hurricanes vs Blues match.
I prefer him at centre to 15 myself
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2018 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Seen it now from Simon Thomas.
kl Had a good chat with Dylan Evans today in Llanelli whilst he waited for his partner by DW Gym. Spoke well of Mr Collin who didn’t want to leave really but had commitments down under . A bit of a character it seems. I think Dylan “told “his mate the options or rather the only correct one ! We shall have to see what happens 🤔

Edited by reesytheexile - 08 July 2018 at 2:52pm
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2018 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Seen it now from Simon Thomas.
Steffan not Simon. 😉
Sorry about that!

Only just seen the exclusive you penned in The Rugby Paper.

A nice piece on both Michael and Scott.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 6:14am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Exkixu Exkixu wrote:

I prefer him at centre to 15 myself

I have only seen him once at 13 and he didn't fill me with confidence really. He was done on the outside (by Barret it must be said) Maybe at 12
1 Xavier Rush   2 Rhys Priestland   3 David Lyons   Cardiff Blues - Scarlets, 26/09/09      

More carries than any of our forwards. Priestland Fan Club Proud Member
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 8:21am
He was an average player imo. We have far better home grown talent . 
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 8:42am
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

He was an average player imo. We have far better home grown talent . 

Agree nothing special need to invest in keeping mcnichol. If he does come in then it will be to cover halfpenny.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 9:51am
Originally posted by ScarletSpiderman ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Ian Mr Ian wrote:

Should be perfect if Collins back at end of ITM season, maybe ready for 6N window...in this moment in Auckland Blues there isnt a good situation and his left could be possible

Wouldn’t be a bad player to keep an eye on, especially if Jonny Mac does go end of the coming season.

Collins is a tidy player, but lacks pace, so no way could he be considered as a replacement for Jonny... a good squad player, maybe, but I suspect that there are other positions which need strengthening more, if any cash is still available.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 12:07pm
Realistically if he was in the squad for next year Halfpenny, Jonny and Clayton would all be ahead of him at 15 and Parkes, Foxy, Fonotia, Steff Hughes and Asquith would all be ahead of him in the centre. 
Is he a good allocation of funds?
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Realistically if he was in the squad for next year Halfpenny, Jonny and Clayton would all be ahead of him at 15 and Parkes, Foxy, Fonotia, Steff Hughes and Asquith would all be ahead of him in the centre. 
Is he a good allocation of funds?

Jury is out as far as Clayton is concerned. Defensively he's a bit of an unknown. Collins is in the Halfpenny mould. As for playing in midfield he isn't quick enough to play 13 so I would see him as a very able deputy for Hadleigh with a better kicking game. Asquith I feel will give Fonotia a tough battle for the 13 shirt when Foxy doesn't play. I would prefer to see us go for Adams for the 2019/20 season.

However I agree with Ffidel that our front 5 - tight head and 2nd rows may well be in need of money spending as a first priority. We are all hoping of course that our back 3 requirements will be met in house with a string of very talented players on our books. 
LacksDrive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LacksDrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2018 at 12:22pm
Having read the thread, it seems that there is some concern that McNicholl could be tempted away at the end of the season. Obviously his performances have been top notch and would attract many admirers but what have people heard?

Until I found this forum I was under the impression (maybe naively) that he may stay with the Scarlets to get Welsh qualification. I know there have been a couple of contrasting interviews on his international desire but I hadn’t heard any rumours of him leaving.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2018 at 5:23pm
It will all unfold in the coming season.

It was posted here that negotiations have already started re a new contract.

We all hope a suitable deal can be done.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
LacksDrive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LacksDrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2018 at 5:43pm
Good to hear, he is an outstanding player. Of the many great imports the Scarlets have had of late, he’s the second most impressive behind only Tadhg Beirne for me... and that is saying something what with Barclay, Parkes et al.

Let’s hope that the signings for next season maintain that unbelievably high level of quality.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2018 at 4:35am
Are the new players in Llanelli yet? When does pre-season start? Hopefully not for a few weeks.
Scarlets before Wales
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2018 at 7:57am
pre season has started, pictures on twitter of fonotia and cassiem training. obviously blade is playing in nz still, shc is resting after Scotland tour, didn't see bloometejes (sorry for spelling) but sure he is there too.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic