Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Werner and Jonny.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Werner and Jonny.
    Posted: 01 August 2018 at 9:20am
I think I'm correct in that Werner and Jonny Mc are in the last year of their contracts?

These two have been vital to our recent success and I hope the Region pull out all the stops to sign them up again as soon as possible.

Werner is one of those unsung hero's who have really stepped in , and rarely gets the plaudits he deserves for his unseen graft.

Jonny has the star dust, and will no doubt, be a target for other sides in Europe!!

Sign them up please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page the oracle
Sponsored Links

Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2018 at 6:29pm
Agreed. Players like these are vital for our previous and ongoing success.
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
rygbi11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rygbi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2018 at 10:40pm
Both are good players who are bound to get offers from top clubs in England and France (and God knows best).
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2018 at 9:14am
Have a feeling Werner will stay but Jonny will move on to France probably
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2018 at 9:42am
got a feeling both will stay, I think pivac may have a word in johnnys ear about possible international honours with wales as he will be the boss.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2018 at 9:55am
Not over confident about Jonny time will tell. Both are very important players. Werne is such a durable guy which is a huge plus considering the position he plays. I would imagine that this will be his final contract and he is well worth it. 
Havard Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Havard Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2018 at 10:18am
I believe Pivac getting the Wales job will be key for us retaining Johnny. It obviously depends who will replace him, however Pivac will be dangling a big international cap carrot in front of him, so I think he will stay in Wales. Doesn't necessarily mean with us though. I know Parkes was almost certainly on his way to the blues at one point and with Johnny in the same boat, I can see this being an option for him. However, if I was a betting man, I would say he will stay with us.

Werner is getting on a bit so I believe whilst he still can do an effective job for us, we will need one of our other tight heads to step up around the park or possibly look to strengthen that position from outside.

Edited by Havard Fan - 02 August 2018 at 10:19am
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2018 at 10:20am
Don't think Jonny will stay because of international offers he's kiwi and only kiwi so we will have to give him a fair wedge to stay or perhaps josh Adams will come back to us then?
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2018 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Havard Fan Havard Fan wrote:

I believe Pivac getting the Wales job will be key for us retaining Johnny. It obviously depends who will replace him, however Pivac will be dangling a big international cap carrot in front of him, so I think he will stay in Wales. Doesn't necessarily mean with us though. I know Parkes was almost certainly on his way to the blues at one point and with Johnny in the same boat, I can see this being an option for him. However, if I was a betting man, I would say he will stay with us.

Werner is getting on a bit so I believe whilst he still can do an effective job for us, we will need one of our other tight heads to step up around the park or possibly look to strengthen that position from outside.
He's said on the record that he would never play for another Welsh region
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2018 at 10:25am
It s a little bit early to talk about renewimg contracts. Hope they stay with us, but this will be a particoular season for all the team..
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2018 at 11:13am
I think Jonny will stay and I think he'll be in Pivac's first Welsh squad. Forgetting loyalty the financial benfits of playing for wales are considerable.
PTScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2018 at 11:29am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

I bet somewhere along the line Scott Williams said that too....
One eyed turk, nothing more nothing less.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2018 at 11:31am
Originally posted by PTScarlet PTScarlet wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

I bet somewhere along the line Scott Williams said that too....
Very true
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2018 at 12:07pm
Never heard him say that. That would be bizarre.
whataguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whataguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2018 at 6:22pm
You gotta laugh 😊

Edited by whataguy - 05 August 2018 at 6:22pm
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2018 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Don't think Jonny will stay because of international offers he's kiwi and only kiwi so we will have to give him a fair wedge to stay or perhaps josh Adams will come back to us then?

Didn’t Sanj sign a two year deal, could he come home?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic