Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Website

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pêl rygbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Website
    Posted: 07 August 2018 at 8:29am
Can anyone tell me if this is the oficial website http://www.scarlets.wales/ - it seems to concentrate on promotion of games with little club info -     I cannot find a link to the current squad is there one?
Rugby Supporter
Sponsored Links

Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 8:50am
From the home pager, if you press on 'Rugby' you will go straight to the squad.

This may be a bit OCD of me but just noticed that all the players are listed in alphabetical order except Patchell whose first on the list before Asquith. 

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 07 August 2018 at 8:54am
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
pêl rygbi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pêl rygbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

This may be a bit OCD of me but just noticed that all the players are listed in alphabetical order except Patchell whose first on the list before Asquith. 

Thankyou - seems odd as the drop down menu lists all links except the squad
Rugby Supporter
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 9:52am
Originally posted by pêl rygbi pêl rygbi wrote:

Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Thankyou - seems odd as the drop down menu lists all links except the squad
Yes your right, it's not a very logical or intuitive path to take.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 10:45am
The new website is even worse than the old one unfortunately, even though we were promised lots more content and a better all round experience, it doesn’t seem to have changed much at all since it was launched.
pêl rygbi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pêl rygbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

The new website is even worse than the old one unfortunately, even though we were promised lots more content and a better all round experience, it doesn’t seem to have changed much at all since it was launched.

As you say the user experience is extremely poor. it seems they are trying to cater for the uninitiated to tell them when the next game is instead of useful news and information. The welsh premiership sites layout are much more user friendly and informative if the content is regulalry updated. I think a marketing person has been given control who typically doesn't understand the market place and their needs
Rugby Supporter
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by pêl rygbi pêl rygbi wrote:

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

As you say the user experience is extremely poor. it seems they are trying to cater for the uninitiated to tell them when the next game is instead of useful news and information. The welsh premiership sites layout are much more user friendly and informative if the content is regulalry updated. I think a marketing person has been given control who typically doesn't understand the market place and their needs
As someone who has a basic to intermediate grasp of website building/coding, you realise as long as you keep things simple it’s very easy to do.
The problem comes either when people don’t know what to do, or are just too lazy to flesh out a website. Either way, really not a good look.
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2018 at 10:30pm
I found the last one poor and gave up on the new one long ago.  It's just a platform for ticket sales and press releases.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2018 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

I found the last one poor and gave up on the new one long ago.  It's just a platform for ticket sales and press releases.

Same here. It's utter rubbish.
Scarlets before Wales
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2018 at 9:49am
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

Same here. It's utter rubbish.

Ditto
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2018 at 9:58am
Scarlets Social media sites are actually pretty good...informative with frequent updates.
It's a shame the re-vamp of the website hasn't quite worked out.
It was a 'work in progress' for so long too.
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2018 at 12:51pm
The old website was much better than the new one,

And the old one wasn't great...

I really think we're missing a trick by having such a poor platform for the club.

As others have said, the social media accounts run by the Scarlets are very good.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Rubrum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2018 at 12:55pm
I agree with the sentiments above.
It's a shame the website, which is the face of the Scarlets to the online world, is so poor.
It gives the wrong impression entirely.
It is unprofessional, sloppy, with broken links and generally third rate.
Nobody could say that about the team, the stadium or the fans.
It needs focus, direction and management.
It has none of these as is apparent. 
I think it must be the worst rugby web site in the entire Pro14.

So come on Scarlets management, get your act together and enter the 21st century with a site worthy of the performace on the field!!! 
Rubrum
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2018 at 9:01pm
Hold on, a new web site has just appeared. Shocked

Well maybe not new, but the squad now appears on the drop down menu. Someone is reading this forum Smile

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 10 August 2018 at 9:03pm
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2018 at 10:01pm
Yep, nice change, easier to navigate.

I’d say the club sent our squad down to the morgue to get themselves n the right frame of mind for the shoot :)....all except Wyn Jones ( he’s probably on the naughty step for smiling).

Iesgyrn.
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2018 at 9:59am
Got their game faces on mun - puts the wind up the opposition when they read our site before matches. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic