Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets welcome new Team Manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scarlets welcome new Team Manager
    Posted: 07 August 2018 at 1:42pm
Scarlets have this week officially welcomed Sara Davies as the region’s new team manager. Davies brings with her a wealth of experience after nearly ten years working in administrative roles in Welsh Rugby.

A keen rugby player herself, Davies won four British University championships with UWIC while a student between 2005-2009. She also claimed a Wales U19 cap and was an active member of Whitland RFC before hanging up her boots at the end of last season.

She has previously held posts at the WRU as a Rugby Administrator and Team Manager for the Wales Women U20 (2009-11). She was also Wales Women's team manager for 2011-12. She then spent five years with Newport Gwent Dragons, firstly as a team administrator before taking over as team manager in 2014 before rejoining the WRU in 2016 as team manager for Wales U20 and Wales Sevens. 

Jon Daniels, Scarlets General Manager of Rugby, said: “We’re delighted to welcome Sara to the Scarlets family. She has a proven track record and knows and understands the job inside out having held similar roles for the best part of a decade. Sara is a welcome addition to the management team here at the Scarlets.”

Sara Davies, Scarlets Team Manager added; “As a born and bred West Walian, having represented Scarlets on the field myself, it's an honour to join the management team at the region. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with Wales 7s and the Under 20s side over the last few seasons but I'm looking forward to the new challenges and season ahead. Wayne, the coaching and backroom staff have all been very welcoming."

Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 1:58pm
Great news.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 2:16pm
Sounds like a very experienced person for the job.  Clap
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 2:24pm
Shrewd appointment, WRU working with the regions these days.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 2:40pm
very shrewd news and great move for Scarlets/WRU. shows the good working connection between both 
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 4:07pm
Very good move. No longer jobs for the boys ! Women are huge part of the modern game it no longer being a 'men only' province and this appointment is very forward thinking and shows we are inclusive to all lovers of rugby 👍   It also builds on what I think Conwy did in North Wales with their new female coach? 

Edited by reesytheexile - 07 August 2018 at 4:28pm
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 4:15pm
Good to see a woman in the role. Seems to have the qualifications. Best of luck.

What actually is the role of Team Manager? Is it organising kit and all travel logistics, players are registered for competitions, etc.
Scarlets before Wales
PTScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

Shrewd appointment, WRU working with the regions these days.

Please enlighten me what the role of the team manager is? And also why is it shrewd??
One eyed turk, nothing more nothing less.
rygbi11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rygbi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 5:33pm
Post deleted.

Edited by rygbi11 - 07 August 2018 at 6:15pm
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by rygbi11 rygbi11 wrote:

[/QUOTE

That may well be an illegal view and post.

Edited by John - 07 August 2018 at 8:56pm
Scarlet O'Hara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet O'Hara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by John John wrote:

Originally posted by rygbi11 rygbi11 wrote:

Sometimes I'm really very silly

That may well be an illegal view and post.

Best to just stroll past this one. Doesn't even understand the concept of qualifications and jobs. 

Edited by Scarlet O'Hara - 07 August 2018 at 9:45pm
rygbi11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rygbi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 5:51pm
Post deleted.

Edited by rygbi11 - 07 August 2018 at 6:16pm
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 6:13pm
Post deleted

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 07 August 2018 at 6:30pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
rygbi11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rygbi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 6:16pm
I've deleted the post however everyone who's quoted the post needs to delete it as well.
rygbi11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rygbi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 6:18pm
Sorry for any offence caused.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 6:21pm
Haha it made me laugh my head off. At least the random comments you make do that for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic