Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Premier Sports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joni_bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Premier Sports
    Posted: 17 August 2018 at 7:01pm
Just had an email though, as I imagine most of you will have, with a discount code for season ticket holders for a Premier Sports subscription for £89 instead of the usual £120 for a year. This is basically 3 months for free. 

I'm not sure if this is a good deal because when the rugby season finishes after 9 months, I was going to cancel and then rejoin 3 months later for the next seasons as there's nothing I want to watch over the summer. So with this deal, I'm saving £1 and have to pay in one go rather than per month. So it doesn't sound that great, unless I'm missing something?
Sponsored Links

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2018 at 7:44pm
It says per season so is that a year or September until May. It’s very vague. I haggled and had it for £4.99 a month. Worth others trying.

Online the first month is free so until the end of the season paying monthly is £80.
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2018 at 8:16pm
If you cancel a month before the end of the season I guess you'll lose your recorded games. £89 a year with an annual discount, sounds a good deal to me, subscribed and up and running. Cant wait for the season to start.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2018 at 8:25pm
Promo code please as Scarlets season ticket holder
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2018 at 8:47pm
Only on Sky Sports? What about Virgin Media?
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2018 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

jesus dont start we only just got dave back😂😂😂😂
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2018 at 11:28pm

There’s a month free standard on that. You’ll pay the same price with Sky, Virgin or the Scarlets offer. Or haggle.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 9:26am
Ok all I am seeing is deals for people already with an active sky box.

Is the deal payable per month and available for someone who only want the online app?
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Is the deal payable per month and available for someone who only want the online app?
They have tweeted that another offer will be available shortly for people only wanting to use the online player.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 10:30am
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

They have tweeted that another offer will be available shortly for people only wanting to use the online player.

Nice one thanks.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by gnasher1975 gnasher1975 wrote:

so is this correct?

£120 for a year - normal price
£89 for season - with sky sports and promo code
£110 for 11 months - with Virgin Media?

Edited by KID A - 18 August 2018 at 1:44pm
joni_bach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joni_bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 2:23pm

Originally posted by gnasher1975 gnasher1975 wrote:

so is this correct?

£120 for a year - normal price
£89 for season - with sky sports and promo code
£110 for 11 months - with Virgin Media?

If you go to https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/ it says:
£120 for a year (£9.99/month) - normal price on Virgin or on PremierPlayer, which is just the online version
£9.99 a month on Sky but with the first month free (so £110) OR £99 a year if paid in one go
£89 for season - with promo code for ST holder (not sure which platform this is on though)

I contacted PremierSports by Twitter this morning and got a reply. They said:

1. The discount code for ST holders only works for annual subscriptions

2. The Player subscription is on a monthly subscription only via DD or debit/credit card. Please give us at least 5 working days notice to cancel if you pay by credit/debit card and 15 working days notice if you pay by direct debit or are an annual customer

Personally, as I have no Sky or Virgin, I will use the Premier Player subscription but I won't bother with the ST discount as I'll probably be cancelling the subscription once the season is over and then restarting when the 2019/20 starts because there's nothing over the summer that I want to watch - not really into GAA or Nascar! 

Oh and from my experience working in a bank, I'll probably set up a direct debit as they are easier to cancel, and/or reclaim payments that shouldn't have gone out, compared to a continuous authorisation on a debit card. 

KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 2:29pm
If I'm going to pay for their service - I think it would have to be one I can record games on my tv. They confirmed this morning that the season ticket offer is only on Sky Sports, so I think that at the end of the season sky customers are getting it cheaper than virgin media customers. Which I think is pretty lame.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 5:05pm

If I'm going to pay for their service - I think it would have to be one I can record games on my tv. They confirmed this morning that the season ticket offer is only on Sky Sports, so I think that at the end of the season sky customers are getting it cheaper than virgin media customers. Which I think is pretty lame.

Phone and haggle. Tell them how much your disappointed in that.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 5:07pm
If you know someone who’s got it on Sky or Virgin. If you’re really nice to them they’ll let you use their premierplayer log in.
joni_bach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joni_bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Promo code please as Scarlets season ticket holder

It's PREMIER89
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic