Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 445>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2019 at 9:14am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

wonder if the injury to anscombe will see Ospreys start looking for a signing at 10 with only Price and Evans as their 10 options now for the entire season.

I was wandering this & they will be able to afford it given the WRU will compensate them (presumably) as the injury happened on international duty.

They will have to go for a short term deal.
unless they will use hook
Sponsored Links

NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2019 at 11:28am
CARDIFF BLUES

Sam Warburton and Martyn Williams have joined the board at Cardiff Blues.

Originally posted by Alun Jones, Chairman Alun Jones, Chairman wrote:

Their credentials as leaders is (sic) second to none and this is clearly transferable from the pitch and into business. They were both world-leading professional players during their careers and they will bring invaluable insight and experience of the demands, requirements and challenges facing modern rugby to the board room.
Originally posted by Sam Warburton Sam Warburton wrote:

If I was to identify two goals for Cardiff Blues, it would be on field success, at a domestic and European level, and a new playing facility here in the city centre. If we can get those things right, then there aren't many clubs in Europe who could match us.

Edited by NobbySosban - 14 August 2019 at 11:29am
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2019 at 11:55am
no doubt very good for the fan base and have they done coaching qualifications? what business skills will they bring to the blues?
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2019 at 1:13pm

wonder if the injury to anscombe will see Ospreys start looking for a signing at 10 with only Price and Evans as their 10 options now for the entire season.
Do they still have cash for someone then? 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2019 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

That's a good question, isn't it? letting Sam leave doesn't look like a good idea ATM, but then, you can't predict injuries.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2019 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

That's a good question, isn't it? letting Sam leave doesn't look like a good idea ATM, but then, you can't predict injuries.

They will have refund on Anscombe's costs as he was injured playing for Wales. I forgot about Hooky. In fact Hooky is the type of player we could do with come to think of it over the first few months. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2019 at 6:03pm
Ben Te’o has signed for Toulon.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2019 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Ben Te’o has signed for Toulon.
Only until November to cover the French National Team absentees.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2019 at 10:07am
Teo is rubbish anyway,good luck Toulon 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2019 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Mundoscarlet Mundoscarlet wrote:

Well, not 'rubbish', but a SH journeyman... this goes to show how 'English' he feels... it'a always a bit tricky if guys from the SH move to the NH to look for a better contract - if they are good enough to get picked up by a national squad after qualifying, are they seriously committed, or just looking for a pay check?

I have to respect guys like Ben Morgan, who probably could have had a hatful of Wales caps if he'd stayed with the Scarlets, but was - and felt - English and so refused to go down that route. But also, some of the 'imports' buy in to the identity in a way that others do not. No two cases are quite the same, and I suppose all pro sports people have the right to maximise their earning potential in whatever way they see fit - it's a short career.

There's no single answer to this one.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2019 at 1:31pm

Well, not 'rubbish', but a SH journeyman... this goes to show how 'English' he feels... it'a always a bit tricky if guys from the SH move to the NH to look for a better contract - if they are good enough to get picked up by a national squad after qualifying, are they seriously committed, or just looking for a pay check?

I have to respect guys like Ben Morgan, who probably could have had a hatful of Wales caps if he'd stayed with the Scarlets, but was - and felt - English and so refused to go down that route. But also, some of the 'imports' buy in to the identity in a way that others do not. No two cases are quite the same, and I suppose all pro sports people have the right to maximise their earning potential in whatever way they see fit - it's a short career.

I have to concur with your sentiments but I do feel for guys like Danny care when a 32 year old Kiwi suddenly becomes English in time for the World Cup. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2019 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I have to concur with your sentiments but I do feel for guys like Danny care when a 32 year old Kiwi suddenly becomes English in time for the World Cup. 

Yes - Care is a dangerous runner, which as far as I know (not seen much of him) Heinz is not - he seems to have been selected for his box-kicking game!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2019 at 1:35pm
Here's a novel idea - make playing for your country unpaid. That would save Wales a fair amount even at £5k a game. Pay the money saved to the regions in proportion to the players provided. I wonder how many of the current English Kiwis would view that if you took away their £15k match fees? 
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2019 at 8:42pm
Sure the english caps are worth £25,000 now
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2019 at 9:53pm
[QUOTE=Realwest]Sure the english caps are worth £25,000 now [/QUOTE
I’d say that’s peanuts for having to put up with Eddie Jones and his antics.
The guy just doesn’t come across nicely in the press or media.  I know that his demeanour may be his way of shielding his players from the flack, but I just don’t like it.  He may be a very nice guy away from the cameras and media, I’ve never met him.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2019 at 8:53am
The Cheetahs won the Currie cup.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 445>
  Share Topic