Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 445>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2019 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

ospreys have parted company with head coach Allen Clarke.

Damn was hoping they might keep him until the 27th Dec.

Just noticed this in the article about Clarke. Sherratt announced last week that he is leaving at the end of the season, 12 months early. I seem to recall that Sherratt was cited by Anscombe as one reason he joined the Ospreys.

I wonder what's going on over the bridge ?

Edited by ap sior - 26 November 2019 at 2:31pm
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2019 at 2:26pm
Funny that the WoL aren't reporting this & have pulled their live updates of the media event with the Welsh team...
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2019 at 2:38pm
Howley and Jackman for the Ospreys...!?

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2019 at 2:43pm
WoL now reporting it but it appears half way down their rugby homepage.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2019 at 2:49pm

here...

I guess it's no surprise... the Os have some excuses (RWC absentees, injuries to key players) but losing at home to the Kings must have been a bit of a shock, and they've made a much worse start to the season than the other regions. It's a results business, and Clarke has paid the price.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2019 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

here...

I guess it's no surprise... the Os have some excuses (RWC absentees, injuries to key players) but losing at home to the Kings must have been a bit of a shock, and they've made a much worse start to the season than the other regions. It's a results business, and Clarke has paid the price.
much bigger issue there IMO. Millwards name isn't exactly coming across very well with all their supporters who seems to be driving the ospreys head first into the ground with many fans already turned their back on the region.
I don't think Clark could have done more in fairness.

But clark leaving, sherratt leaving...merger back on??
onlyturkinthevillage View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onlyturkinthevillage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2019 at 3:35pm
Lyn Jones on his way back there.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2019 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by onlyturkinthevillage onlyturkinthevillage wrote:

Lyn Jones on his way back there.
they certainly wont be able to attract a big name.
Lyn Jones is a shout, whether he wants it is another thing.
The possibility I wouldn't be surprised to see is if he's innocent, Rob Howley.

add to that, a Scarlet take over of team Namibia...Phil Davies, Mark Jones and Wayne Proctor.

or as I said previously...closed doors / Scarlets take over. difficult times there but Clarke clearly thrown under the bus. no coach will make a difference there with all that's going on behind the scenes from the top down.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2019 at 4:05pm
I do hope there is nothing sinister happening at the Liberty. I thought Sheratt's announcement was pretty dubious - want to spend more time with family nonsense. Howley, if found innocent of all charges, would be a good shout but in all seriousness this is a club in total crisis. Regional rugby taken as a whole is in the biggest mess I can recall. It is only a matter of time before something gives and there are some serious casualties. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2019 at 4:12pm
I struggle to see how they will retain Tipuric really but then again how much value for money is he? They may be able to free up a good chunk of money & sign 2 or 3 players in other positions...

Aled really hasnt kicked on there, maybe because he isn't having to perform to get the 9 shirt like he did when he was battling with Cawdor.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2019 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

here...

much bigger issue there IMO. Millwards name isn't exactly coming across very well with all their supporters who seems to be driving the ospreys head first into the ground with many fans already turned their back on the region.
I don't think Clark could have done more in fairness.

But clark leaving, sherratt leaving...merger back on??

The problems may well extend beyond what's happening on the pitch - I don't have any inside information so can't comment on that. However, if it is true that the Os are in financial trouble, a takeover by the Scarlets rather than a 'merger' would be the way to go. It makes no sense, anyway, for the Os to play in such a big stadium - I could not help but notice the other day how little atmosphere there was at the Majeski for LI v Bayonne despite the non-stop try-fest. It must be similar at the Library even if the Os pull in more customers than LI.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2019 at 5:14pm
let's be honest boys pivac would have gone last year had he not had the wales job(deservedly so, sack) I said to my mates on Saturday that the dressing room had turned on the coach,and dress it up any way you want the body language of the ospreys on Saturday was the same as ours last year and you can check my posts from early last season as I said it then.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2019 at 5:24pm
After the week in the spring when the "merger" was on and then off and then there was a shake up in the Os board, there was a need for an immediate action plan and reinvigoration. Other than the replacement of Sam by Anscombe and vague outline plans for a new stadium- and one or two other isolated initiatives that I haven't heard of,  there seems to be no concerted effort to make the Os the top region again or to get them back to winning the league every second year again inspite of the new chair apparently having deep pockets. And if things continue to drift, then the "merger" is back on and really does become a takeover. 
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2019 at 5:32pm
Solid bloke trying to do too many jobs with a decimated and demoralised squad. Things may start to get better as the RWC stars return, but suspect he couldn't stomach it a moment longer.

With Matt Sherratt leaving a year early too (to spend more time with his family), the already under-resourced Os coaching team are in disarray. Can see the senior players being roped in to try and bail out the boat, but can now imagine the likes of Tipuric and AWJ baling out themselves at the end of the season.

Extraordinary that there's no word from the club, despite it being widely reported by BBC, WoL and even PRO14. Wacko Their response, when it comes, will be very telling.
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2019 at 5:32pm
After the lies that they spouted last time I would be very reluctant to merge or even takeover. 

Let's just mind our own business and stay out of it.

Obviously I don't want them to go through but we should keep ourselves to ourselves.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2019 at 6:59pm
what’s going on at the Ospreys isn’t good for welsh rugby as a whole.  Yes, it’s always great to have one over on you closest rivals but this isn’t helping.
This situation isn’t going to help with securing the signatures of some of their star players moving forward meaning that in the short term they will get weaker before getting stronger, or in the worst case scenario could see them spiralling into oblivion.
That would then lead to the WRU getting their north Wales region in via the back door, which will never be sustainable long term.
I hope, for welsh rugby’s sake the Ospreys get out of this slump and quickly (but not before the new year)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 445>
  Share Topic