Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 445>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

RWC??? Stars not available? 
how many were in attendance? perhaps steff knows?
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

If there is a legal matter outstanding it didn't make difference who attended, the answer would have been the same. I would have expected all the senior management in the Liberty sorting "the mess" out, and that is where they should be not in a Pro 14 function.

They should also be answering questions over how they’ve got themselves into this situation. Their supporters deserve some sort of answer 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

RWC??? Stars not available? 
how many were in attendance? perhaps steff knows?
The head coach and a player from each team was there 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 4:33pm
Patch was there for us.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 4:37pm
As much as they are our rivals the fact they are in dire straights not good for Welsh rugby and not good for us. The WRU would love nothing better than for us to merge, the poo show that is currently the Ospreys is not helping. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

If there is a legal matter outstanding it didn't make difference who attended, the answer would have been the same. I would have expected all the senior management in the Liberty sorting "the mess" out, and that is where they should be not in a Pro 14 function.

There are times in management when one just has to "man up" and shield ones employees from pressure which they are not capable or trained to cope with.  So a senior member of the board or management there with Pugh would have been acceptable. One to answer questions or deflect them on the situation and the other to answer questions about the match this weekend. 

This management failure sends a powerful message of their strength and competence or lack of it.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 5:48pm
little news from Italy....last saturday after Treviso's loss, indeed the didnt deserve it and ref has great responsabilities; Benetton general manager, Amerino Zatta,  was  very angry, also the fans, in his view very few for an heineken cup match and who will think to move it to Milan or Rome, not really near Treviso.
At the stadium they were in 3000, on a rainy day and at a not very convenient time, 14.00.
But is it right for a president to behave like this?
When I read the news I immediately thought of you, your passion and your deep connection with society and the whole movement.
As soon as I finished reading, I had a laugh and thanked God for being a Scarlets fan
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

As much as they are our rivals the fact they are in dire straights not good for Welsh rugby and not good for us. The WRU would love nothing better than for us to merge, the poo show that is currently the Ospreys is not helping. 

I agree... we look forward to our derbys, and it would be a great loss if the Os folded... however, IF anything like that happens, there should not be a 'merger', though I'm sure we'd happily take on some of their better players.

(BTW - did you mean to write 'poo show', or was that a typo?)
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 7:40pm
no it wouldn’t let me write sh1t 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 9:48pm
La Rochelle hooker has only had a six week suspension for a deliberate and sustained eye gouge. 🤔🤔🤔 Something really wrong with the system.
PTScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2019 at 1:29am
I wonder how much compensation the Os must pay to Clarke... Can they afford it?
One eyed turk, nothing more nothing less.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2019 at 7:53am
I don't think we should automatically read into the Ospreys situation that they are in dire straits financially. It was pretty obvious to all that their squad, without their Internationals, were going to struggle in the pro 14. The Champions Cup, lets face it, was over for them once the pools were announced.

Add in a horrendous injury list and their results are understandable until, of course, that loss to the Kings. They look like a team of strangers led by a coach who has nothing left to give. The buck for the PR debacle rests with Millward & if I was an Ospreys fan I would be seriously concerned about his ability to lead them through this difficult time.

This episode only serves to strengthen my appreciation & thanks for the professional way our beloved club is currently run. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2019 at 7:56am
In addition to Burns being out for tomorrow Addison has received a 4 week ban after being cited for an incident last weekend. Thats McGrath, the Aussie 2nd row, Burns & Addison so far. Add in Henderson, Coetzee, Co.ney & Stockdale and we are in with a shout.
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2019 at 11:51am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I don't think we should automatically read into the Ospreys situation that they are in dire straits financially. It was pretty obvious to all that their squad, without their Internationals, were going to struggle in the pro 14. The Champions Cup, lets face it, was over for them once the pools were announced.

Add in a horrendous injury list and their results are understandable until, of course, that loss to the Kings. They look like a team of strangers led by a coach who has nothing left to give. The buck for the PR debacle rests with Millward & if I was an Ospreys fan I would be seriously concerned about his ability to lead them through this difficult time.

This episode only serves to strengthen my appreciation & thanks for the professional way our beloved club is currently run. 
The Ospreys have an utterly incoherent business plan - nobody could make it work, and it's now run exclusively on the whim and (substantial) generosity of its Chair in Monaco, executed by the hapless Bully in Llandarcy.

Having shelled out for a 'statement' big signing in Anscombe, poached from Cardiff, they've been trying to run everything else on a shoestring, including giving Clarke the reins when Tandy went but not giving him the additional support he needed, and now releasing Matt Sherratt a year early. This weekend's PRO14 game against Cheetahs is being played at the Gnoll, which is more to do with saving money than 'taking the game around the region', I think. The paralysis since the BBC reported Clarke's 'parting' is evident - it's a car crash, but they're not in 'financial dire straits' until their Chair says so. And, for now, he's saying nothing.

He's been looking to the CVC money to save their bacon, but now it looks like the money won't come in quite as they expected. So he has a(nother) big financial decision to take. Os & Cardiff have been going along with the WRU PRB scheme, but he's already blocked a 'merger' with the Scarlets, and knows handing the keys to the WRU would probably end up with that sooner rather than later. Perhaps it's Monte Carlo or bust...
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2019 at 12:18pm
Can’t see them filling the gnoll oh how the mighty have fallen
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2019 at 12:20pm
It wouldn't surprise me if they have offered Clarke "£xxxx" to leave & he has rejected this hence the ongoing negotiations.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 445>
  Share Topic