Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 445>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2019 at 1:52pm

Edinburgh have confirmed the departure of out-of-favour prop Darryl Marfo.

The 29-year-old former Scotland forward has made just 11 appearances for the Pro14 side since joining from Bath in summer 2017 and has been released in order to find a new club.

Maybe one for the O's to have a look at there?
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2019 at 2:52pm
Dan Evans 4 week ban.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2019 at 3:03pm
any news on Basham yet?
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2019 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Dan Evans 4 week ban.

Best they could have got really, the didn't challenge the red card.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2019 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

any news on Basham yet?

1 week.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2019 at 5:10pm

Great to see one of our own back to enjoying his rugby - Wil Boyde. Captained the Blues last weekend and has played 9/10 this season. His coach describes him as the buy of the season. Well most of us on this forum could have told him that before a ball was passed. Professional sport can be a tough place, it isn't all glamour. I am so pleased for him & wish him all the best for his future. 

Boyde did really well, as did the Blues, fair play - on that display I'd happily see Jarrod Evans in the Wales 23, in Patch's absence... the Blues look to be the most difficult opponents in the festive derbies, on that evidence.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2019 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Great to see one of our own back to enjoying his rugby - Wil Boyde. Captained the Blues last weekend and has played 9/10 this season. His coach describes him as the buy of the season. Well most of us on this forum could have told him that before a ball was passed. Professional sport can be a tough place, it isn't all glamour. I am so pleased for him & wish him all the best for his future. 

Boyde did really well, as did the Blues, fair play - on that display I'd happily see Jarrod Evans in the Wales 23, in Patch's absence... the Blues look to be the most difficult opponents in the festive derbies, on that evidence.

The Blues have been the least effected by call ups and injury, so have more cohesion
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2019 at 6:35am
I'm very unconvinced by the Blues actually. They need more than (an excellent) Wil Boyde to make that pack have an impact at top level.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2019 at 7:14am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I'm very unconvinced by the Blues actually. They need more than (an excellent) Wil Boyde to make that pack have an impact at top level.

Can’t help but agree there will, they are quite weak in the front 5 & will get taken apart by teams who have a solid front 5. They couldn’t put away a second string Tigers side so whilst it’s all well and good putting 30 points on Calvisano & 50 on Pau, they’re struggled against bigger teams. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2019 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Can’t help but agree there will, they are quite weak in the front 5 & will get taken apart by teams who have a solid front 5. They couldn’t put away a second string Tigers side so whilst it’s all well and good putting 30 points on Calvisano & 50 on Pau, they’re struggled against bigger teams. 

Therein lies our chance against them in January. Dillon Lewis will still be out, Navidi will be back so their front 5 will be their achilles heel. We now have a front 5 capable of dominating them. If they gain parity up front we will be in for a game. 
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2019 at 9:36am

Hope you're right, Wil.

I'm still in trauma after last season's two games against them where they made us look mugs.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2019 at 9:41am
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Hope you're right, Wil.

I'm still in trauma after last season's two games against them where they made us look mugs.

They really did make us look very average. I am banking on us being stronger up front this season with Ball, Sam & Tex giving us more power. Also Casseim's carrying this season is like having a new player.
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2019 at 9:54am

Hope you're right, Wil.

They really did make us look very average. I am banking on us being stronger up front this season with Ball, Sam & Tex giving us more power. Also Casseim's carrying this season is like having a new player.

We really need to up our game against fellow Welsh rivals.

I know we've lost our last 2 games against CB, but have we also lost our last 2 games against O's and our last 2 games against Dragons (I know one was a friendly)?

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2019 at 10:08am

Hope you're right, Wil.

I know we've lost our last 2 games against CB, but have we also lost our last 2 games against O's and our last 2 games against Dragons (I know one was a friendly)?

5 of those games came under the old coaching regime which I think we are all agreed lost the plot last season. I am cautiously optimistic that the current regime have the squad better prepared physically, mentally and playing to a better set of plans. 

A lot of negative stuff has been written on these boards this season about the Ospreys and Blues in particular but I still fear for the outcome of those games along with the Dragons. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2019 at 10:13am

Hope you're right, Wil.

5 of those games came under the old coaching regime which I think we are all agreed lost the plot last season. I am cautiously optimistic that the current regime have the squad better prepared physically, mentally and playing to a better set of plans. 

A lot of negative stuff has been written on these boards this season about the Ospreys and Blues in particular but I still fear for the outcome of those games along with the Dragons. 

I know they are derbies & players get up for it, but I'd love to turn on (or more) of the other 3 Welsh regions over with a big score like the Irish provinces seem to do regularly when they travel to Ireland.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2019 at 10:27am

Hope you're right, Wil.

point a minute in the first half barry i'm not over confident at any derby but last season can be put down to two major **** ups by pivac,ospreys away playing parkes at 10 and blues away leaving our internationals on bench as we won second half 10-3.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 445>
  Share Topic