Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 105106107108109 445>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2020 at 11:48am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Munster have done well there . The sarries kid is irish qualified to smart by the irfu.   The english age groups are full of irish and welsh qualified players . They are going to lose a lot of players serves them right for tapping up so many welsh kids

I am waiting for a reaction from them in all honesty. Woodward is seething about Tompkins for instance. A lot of time and money is being invested in a lot of these guys and it won't be appreciated when they up and leave for Wales/Ireland/Scotland. 

Tough.

If Eddie Jones had capped him for England, he would not have come on board with Wales. It's their own fault!

Of course it is I'm with you all the way but I do feel there will a reaction. If we don't cap young Zammit then he could well be the pay back. Its all well & good him saying he wants to play for Wales but if Eddie comes calling with £15k per game on the line who knows. 
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2020 at 11:54am

Munster have done well there . The sarries kid is irish qualified to smart by the irfu.   The english age groups are full of irish and welsh qualified players . They are going to lose a lot of players serves them right for tapping up so many welsh kids

I am waiting for a reaction from them in all honesty. Woodward is seething about Tompkins for instance. A lot of time and money is being invested in a lot of these guys and it won't be appreciated when they up and leave for Wales/Ireland/Scotland. 

Tough.

If Eddie Jones had capped him for England, he would not have come on board with Wales. It's their own fault!

Of course it is I'm with you all the way but I do feel there will a reaction. If we don't cap young Zammit then he could well be the pay back. Its all well & good him saying he wants to play for Wales but if Eddie comes calling with £15k per game on the line who knows. 

Zammit is in our squad for this 6N - with any luck, he'll get a cap off the bench v Scotland. 

As for England - they have more players than any other nation, and can't pick them all - I doubt it would do much for squad unity, either, if Eddie started giving single caps to a lot of players just to stop them being picked by other nations!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2020 at 12:15pm
From what I have seen of Zammit he is no one cap wonder. May's performance yesterday showed just what genuine top end pace can do. I am very wary of an English backlash against Welsh qualified English financed players and Zammit has already been approached by Jones. Jones has lost his best back 3 options - Nowell & Watson; Furbank had a tough debut in France, Daly continues to be a defensive liability.

The fact that Zammit is in our squad doesn't mean a thing as far I am aware - If Eddie told him he was starting against Scotland next week I wonder what would happen. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2020 at 12:34pm

From what I have seen of Zammit he is no one cap wonder. May's performance yesterday showed just what genuine top end pace can do. I am very wary of an English backlash against Welsh qualified English financed players and Zammit has already been approached by Jones. Jones has lost his best back 3 options - Nowell & Watson; Furbank had a tough debut in France, Daly continues to be a defensive liability.

The fact that Zammit is in our squad doesn't mean a thing as far I am aware - If Eddie told him he was starting against Scotland next week I wonder what would happen. 
Well if that happened England would be in huge trouble because Zammit isn’t English qualified. He’s fully committed to Wales. There’s zero chance he plays for anyone else
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2020 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Well if that happened England would be in huge trouble because Zammit isn’t English qualified. He’s fully committed to Wales. There’s zero chance he plays for anyone else

Well is he not - if he started playing for Hartbury in 2017 it will depend on when in 2017. Beginning of 2017 gives him 3 years residency. Maybe I am being paranoid here Steff as it all seems to going our way at the moment - Costellow to Scarlets; Moore to Blues; Liam coming home; talk of Tompkins coming to us; etc etc. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2020 at 12:42pm

Well is he not - if he started playing for Hartbury in 2017 it will depend on when in 2017. Beginning of 2017 gives him 3 years residency. Maybe I am being paranoid here Steff as it all seems to going our way at the moment - Costellow to Scarlets; Moore to Blues; Liam coming home; talk of Tompkins coming to us; etc etc. 
No he has two years left. If he was told at the start of the season he’d be in the Wales senior squad even Not playing a game he would be delighted. At 18 he is probably ahead of where he should be in his career.

Edited by scarletnut - 03 February 2020 at 12:42pm
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2020 at 12:43pm

No he has two years left. If he was told at the start of the season he’d be in the Wales senior squad even Not playing a game he would be delighted. At 18 he is probably ahead of where he should be in his career.

Thats a relief.
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2020 at 1:04pm
CARDIFF BLUES

Cardiff are bringing two more players back to Wales, with winger Ryan Edwards joining on loan from Brizz with immediate effect in response to their back 3 injury crisis, and outside half Luke Scully on his way from Worcester as soon as next month.

Edited by NobbySosban - 03 February 2020 at 1:06pm
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2020 at 1:28pm

You seem to have misunderstood my point - that England can't realistically 'protect' all the players with dual qualifications by giving them a soft cap to deny their services to other countries.

As for Zammitt - I am optimistic that he can become a Welsh legend in future, but who knows? Some potentially great players have under-achieved because of injuries and other reasons... let's hope for the best, for the youngster.

In no way did I mean to suggest that Zammit was only worth a single cap!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2020 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

CARDIFF BLUES

Cardiff are bringing two more players back to Wales, with winger Ryan Edwards joining on loan from Brizz with immediate effect in response to their back 3 injury crisis, and outside half Luke Scully on his way from Worcester as soon as next month.

Scully ex ospreys age group, was always supposed to be a  good prospect but then again so was luke price!

The blues and ourselves are clearly targeting the exiles and hopefully the other regions follow our lead
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2020 at 2:54pm

listened to the ex munster / Gloucester hooker sherry talking about him on tv, said he is the quickest thing he's played with and he has a big frame that will fill out as he gets older

We should have played him or at least had him on the bench Saturday, regardless of age on current form he is better than north or jonny mac
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2020 at 7:58am

listened to the ex munster / Gloucester hooker sherry talking about him on tv, said he is the quickest thing he's played with and he has a big frame that will fill out as he gets older

We should have played him or at least had him on the bench Saturday, regardless of age on current form he is better than north or jonny mac

I agree - think we missed a trick. A back 3 of Liam, Zammit and Adams would frighten every team in this competition. Bravery & attacking mentality, lightening pace & the best finishing ability in Europe. I haven't given up hope that Zammit will play in Dublin. I appreciate that it is not ideal for him to start his International career away but this guy looked totally at home away in Montpellier & Toulouse so what the hell. 
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2020 at 1:49pm

Tough.

Zammit is in our squad for this 6N - with any luck, he'll get a cap off the bench v Scotland. 

As for England - they have more players than any other nation, and can't pick them all - I doubt it would do much for squad unity, either, if Eddie started giving single caps to a lot of players just to stop them being picked by other nations!
Think he’ll be involved in the English game as he knows how to score tries against them and a winning try would be the greatest thing of this comp Wink
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2020 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Tough.

Think he’ll be involved in the English game as he knows how to score tries against them and a winning try would be the greatest thing of this comp Wink

That would be nice! By then, anyway, he should be better used to the structures used by the team.
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2020 at 11:42am
WASPS

Big breaking news from Coventry...

Originally posted by Wasps Wasps wrote:

Director of Rugby Dai Young will be stepping back from first-team duties for an interim period. Lee Blackett will step up to Interim Head Coach. Further announcements will be made in due course.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2020 at 12:04pm
Well how switched on are Ospreys? Looks as if a coaching ticket has just been put on a plate for them - Dai Young with Howley assisting & Clive Griffiths for defence. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 105106107108109 445>
  Share Topic