Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 445>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

6' 8" lock from Connacht, Welsh qualified.

6'8 107kg according to the Connacht profile , not a big burly lock
Sponsored Links

John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2020 at 11:41pm
Three of the four Welsh regions seem to be recruiting but it seems very quiet in Ospreylia. They've recruited a big name but rookie backs coach and re-signed one of their promising young scrum halves. Otherwise silence or do they have players signed or nearly so but not yet announced? At best, two months into the new ownership, it's a quiet start. Even allowing for covid...
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 8:56am
Haven't they signed Simon Gardiner and Nicky Thomas? 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 10:13am
Ospreys have been pretty busy in the market - Nicky Thomas, Protheroe & Davies the 2nd row from Bath. It appears that they have some doubts about when Anscombe will be fit which is, of course, a blow for both player and team. Price carrying an injury so they are looking for short term cover.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 12:52pm
I think Anscombe looks to be needing a further procedure, but it's more complex than just a re-set.

I saw Gardiner pop up on Merthyr's books. I'd be surprised that they would take both he and Nicky Thomas, so makes sense.

O's money has been mostly spent on the backroom staff. Understandable I guess.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I think Anscombe looks to be needing a further procedure, but it's more complex than just a re-set.

I saw Gardiner pop up on Merthyr's books. I'd be surprised that they would take both he and Nicky Thomas, so makes sense.

O's money has been mostly spent on the backroom staff. Understandable I guess.

Yes worrying times for Anscombe just when he was starting to live up to his reputation. Complicated things knees!!!!! Steady influence of Ruddock being seen with coaching appointments. Get them right and results will improve as the talent available is good. Rumour that Adam Jones is being sought by Booth.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Ospreys have been pretty busy in the market - Nicky Thomas, Protheroe & Davies the 2nd row from Bath. It appears that they have some doubts about when Anscombe will be fit which is, of course, a blow for both player and team. Price carrying an injury so they are looking for short term cover.
Long term they are looking for with regards the 10 jersey.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

They have Anscombe, Price & Cai at the moment. If the news on Anscombe's injury is as bad as it is being suggested he may well have the very dubious claim of finishing his contract having not put the jersey on - a very frustrating possibility all round. If they are looking medium/long term - Ioan Lloyd is their man. 
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 3:24pm
Luke Price also has an "ongoing hip injury" so they are down really 2 part time 10's, Evans & Protheroe, who have hardly played 10 in senior rugby.

It would be unfair to throw either in key games. 

I feel like a few Ospreys supporters that they need an established player, just hope we can hang on to ours, really a wrong time to go out shopping for a key player.

The news is a worry for Anscombe and the Ospreys, but I doubt if a contract is cancelled as I'm sure the WRU will have some input into that. Lets hope he recovers, but I feel that it may have an effect on his future rugby.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 4:36pm
Should he return to full fitness I can see him heading to Japan when his O's contract runs out.

He'll be just over 30 by the end of next season. He's big mates with Parkes, so I think he'll be off for a big pay day.

Just my thoughts, I've no inside info. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 4:53pm

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

They have Anscombe, Price & Cai at the moment. If the news on Anscombe's injury is as bad as it is being suggested he may well have the very dubious claim of finishing his contract having not put the jersey on - a very frustrating possibility all round. If they are looking medium/long term - Ioan Lloyd is their man. 
But only Anscombe is good enough. With respect the other two aren’t top class players. Ioan Lloyd has four years left on his Bristol contract

Edited by scarletnut - 08 July 2020 at 4:54pm
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2020 at 11:44am
toby flood is the name the ospreys fans keep bringing up, hardly one for the future is he?

Cai evans will be a good 10 imo but he will never be a 15 , 

The ospreys have not addressed the many gaps in their squad, a carrying 8, decent back up at 7 and a starting 10

Without that they won't improve a great deal

Edited by RR1972 - 09 July 2020 at 11:45am
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2020 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

toby flood is the name the ospreys fans keep bringing up, hardly one for the future is he?

The ospreys have not addressed the many gaps in their squad, a carrying 8, decent back up at 7 and a starting 10

WoL saying that the (very) short term solution could be Sam Costellow heading on loan to the Liberty...
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2020 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

WoL saying that the (very) short term solution could be Sam Costellow heading on loan to the Liberty...

makes sense tbh he gets game time and they get a 10, not a bad thing in the short term
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2020 at 12:47pm
waleson(toilet)line wants the ospreys to ask us to borrow sam costello.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2020 at 12:48pm
sorry hadn't seen the above post,why not take one of the other 3 we have
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 445>
  Share Topic