Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 154155156157158 445>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2020 at 10:12am
When they did have tidy possession the Irish wasted most of it by trying to run through the English defence which showed as much likelihood of giving way as a reinforced brick wall. When, less than 10 minutes from the final whistle, they eventually tried to chip over it into the space behind- well what do you know, they collected the ball and scored. I hope there is someone in the Welsh coaching squad drawing a lesson from this.
Sponsored Links

surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2020 at 7:01pm
Leinster rack up 6 tries and 40 points against the Blues, who ironically played very bravely with a young side. Turnbull a warrior.
Joshua24:15
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2020 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

Leinster rack up 6 tries and 40 points against the Blues, who ironically played very bravely with a young side. Turnbull a warrior.
They’ve had a BP win every game so far. Very, very tough ask for us next week.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2020 at 7:14pm

Not sure it reflects the effort put in by the blues... was 19-5 with 20 to go. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2020 at 7:30pm
Blues did very well despite the score.
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2020 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Blues did very well despite the score.
Most teams seem to put in a shift against them and still get hammered.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2020 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Not sure it reflects the effort put in by the blues... was 19-5 with 20 to go. 
Still sorry Turnbull left us all those years back I think coz he could not play 6 for Easterby who preferred his Captain  who Pivac then allegedly went on to boot out about 6 months later!  such a shame for us 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2020 at 8:44am
Turnbull is a huge asset in the international window.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2020 at 8:48am

Turnbull is a huge asset in the international window.

I agree. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2020 at 9:26am
Good comeback from the Ospreys to score two tries in final 10 minutes with 14 men. Kieron Williams continues to impress. Young Dewi Lake needs to join our Daf in darts practice this week. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2020 at 9:28am
Agreed there seems to be a problem with throwing in at the moment across Wales. I would say, though, I think the ref should the not straight go if the lineout is uncontested.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2020 at 9:42am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Good comeback from the Ospreys to score two tries in final 10 minutes with 14 men. Kieron Williams continues to impress. Young Dewi Lake needs to join our Daf in darts practice this week. 

Benetton will wonder how they lost that.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2020 at 12:04pm

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Benetton will wonder how they lost that.

watched the game, the ospreys started well then were awful then they finished really well

They are a poor team but they have showed some character this season in fairness to them

The Treviso hooker who was motm was really good , I thought north looked pretty good to

As for Leinster they are relentless ,  even when they don't play especially well they rack up 40 points

Must be a really good set of coaches there and a cracking academy set up

Edited by RR1972 - 23 November 2020 at 12:05pm
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2020 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Agreed there seems to be a problem with throwing in at the moment across Wales. I would say, though, I think the ref should the not straight go if the lineout is uncontested.

I often wonder about this, with windy conditions, why don't we put a jumper up everytime...teams do it to us and benefit from it. I get sometimes you want a defensive drive. But refs will not call a not straight unless it's challenged in the air
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 4:49pm
Ospreys v Connacht called off after a player from the Ospreys returned a positive test. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2020 at 8:27am
Ulster did us a favour last night by beating 43-13, though my concern at present is that Connacht have 2 games in hand against Benneton & the Dragons, both in Galway which will be a minimum of 8 points which will put them on 23 points - 7 ahead of us.

As an aside, there are only 3 teams with a positive points difference which I find amazing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 154155156157158 445>
  Share Topic