Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Premier Sports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gastric Band Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Premier Sports
    Posted: 27 August 2018 at 3:00pm
I don't have Sky or Virgin. So I have been trying to join via the premier player. It is not happening, it won't let me past the first page where you put your details in. Antone else found problems?
Gastric
Sponsored Links

salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Gastric Band Gastric Band wrote:

I don't have Sky or Virgin. So I have been trying to join via the premier player. It is not happening, it won't let me past the first page where you put your details in. Antone else found problems?

I'd contact them as it's not working lol. as soon as you select united kingdom as country it stops you from proceeding lol
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Gastric Band View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gastric Band Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 3:26pm
No contact details on the website, so I have sent them a message on Facebook. Not a very encouraging start!
Gastric
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 3:38pm

To activate channel and subscribe call 0871 663 9000

Customer service for current television subscribers including questions regarding billing, accounts and viewing issues please email us support@premiersports.com

or call us on 0333 003 3773 (Please contact the email below for Premier Player queries)

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 3:46pm
They respond quite quickly via email and Twitter.
Gastric Band View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gastric Band Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 8:39pm
Thanks for the help!
Gastric
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2018 at 12:15am
Here's a post on Google Play relating to subscription to Premier Sports (TV and app).  This is from about 2 weeks ago, some earlier comments are not quite so positive!  I think Premier Sports could endear themselves to their customers by not charging for their helpline.

'After reading the reviews had my doubts, but took the plunge, subscribed via sky card (online at premier sports) even though I no longer have sky. You get the app this way as well as on the sky box. Went back on to prem sports player online and logged in to create password. Can cast off my phone too now to fire stick, apple TV etc. Was easy once I sat back and took in the instructions, seemless live feed. Well happy roll on the pro14'
Joshua24:15
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2018 at 11:17am
For info - just subscribed. Ordered  for the sky platform for £89 for the first year. To obtain £89 offer you need a promo code which was Premier89. 
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2018 at 2:18pm
I've done the £89 deal too, but haven't created an account to use the online player yet. Thumbs Up

Have to admit, the reviews on Google Play are extremely poor. Premier Sports better get this right, otherwise we'll be looking at another broadcaster next season for sure.

Didn't realise that Premier Sports 1 is the only HD channel too, Premier Sports 2 is standard definition Cry
Scarlets!!!
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2018 at 3:03pm
I’ve had no problem with premier player. The ‘offer’ they have is terrible.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2018 at 4:52pm
First month is free on Sky. This is based on paying monthly however.
Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2018 at 10:20am
I have just subscribed and will be relying on the streaming service as I don't have Sky or Virgin. At the moment, the online service is extremely poor. The website is OK is as much as I can watch both channels - and cast to my Chromecast device using Google Chrome browser. However, there only seems to be a programme schedule for one channel. The Android app is of very poor quality. At the moment, it only seems to allow access to one of the channels. Casting to the TV is extremely basic and the app does not even allow access to the schedule.

Compared to the BTSport app, Premier Sports are way behind in their streaming services. They really need to sort this out.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2018 at 1:24pm
No comments on it being all Irish yet then?
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2018 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

No comments on it being all Irish yet then?

Whats all Irish?
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2018 at 1:38pm
It was ok for a preview show. Leinster were bound to have a lot of coverage as winners. People need to remember it’s not Scrum v so won’t be just concentrating on the Welsh regions. I’ll wait a few weeks before casting judgement. If people aren’t happy with it they can just unsubscribe.
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2018 at 1:53pm
Tried the Premier Player app out via Chromecast a couple of nights ago - picture quality was good on HD (you can select from 3 definition settings), but functionality was not great; you can play & pause, but can't fast-forward, rewind or spool to a chosen point from the app while it's casting.

The view-on-demand catalogue is also in need of attention - several programmes have the wrong description (eg - 'Rugby Preview' is actually NASCAR highlights) or have misleading illustrative images. Just seems like no one's looking at or loving their presentation, and there's no PRO14 category yet, just 'Rugby League'.

I watched the Awards show, but haven't seen the Preview Show yet - from what I've heard, it's pretty Eirocentric (it was produced by eir Sports for their domestic market, and presumably acquired by Premier Sports when they realised they didn't have time to put their own preview programme together in time), with more than half the show focusing on the four proud provinces of Ireland.

Production quality & style seems very derivative so far - nothing to match BT Sport's tone, insight & coverage, but hopefully this will develop and the presenters & pundits will add something to the live coverage & weekly highlights/preview shows once they've got over any teething troubles.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic