Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Premier Sports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2018 at 10:27am
Looks like I won’t be watching the Scarlets tonight the Premier phone line is out of service and the website isn’t recognising sky cards not a happy bunny this after I persuaded the wife with z meal that it would be a good idea and I wouldn’t watch all the matches looks like I won’t watch any this weekend☹️
Sponsored Links

Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2018 at 10:41am
just watch it on s4c for now then 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2018 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

Well, I signed up via the email received from the Scarlets - as I don't have Sky or Virgin, it cost £9.99pm with the first month free.

Saw some of the Blues game - quality on the laptop seemed fine. Now, I need to sort out a blunder made during the signing on, made via Safari... need to be able to log in via Chrome, too, to be able to cast pictures onto the TV - hope (and assume) that will be possible.

Seems that the subscription can be cancelled with 5 days' notice, so I'll let it run until the end of the season.

I am not certain if the on demand is available for 'direct' subscribers - I'd hope so, as Premier won't be sharing the cash with other companies. That will be needed if I can't watch live, or of I'm at the game and want to see it again, obs.

Edited by aber-fan - 01 September 2018 at 11:52am
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2018 at 12:08pm
One black mark against Prem Sport.  They were giving updates on the Ospreys game during the Blues game which totally ruined it for anyone like myself who was looking forward to watching the Os game straight after the Blues.  Angry
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2018 at 1:39pm
It’ll work out cheaper paying monthly than using the offer if you just wanna watch the rugby.
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2018 at 1:47pm
I have Virgin Media and the game is on channel 551 and also on S4C, watching repeat of last night's Blues game at the moment! Big smile
"YMA O HYD"
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2018 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

Cool didn’t know it was on another channel
SAV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2018 at 7:34pm
Like the good old days . Eddie butler commentary. Dragons game .
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2018 at 3:47pm
I have now confirmed that I can cast Premier to my TV via Chrome - good.

I wonder if there is a highlights show? I'd like to see highlights of all the pro-14 games, but don't have the time or energy to watch all of the matches in full.

Anyone know?
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2018 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

I wonder if there is a highlights show? I'd like to see highlights of all the pro-14 games, but don't have the time or energy to watch all of the matches in full.

Anyone know?
Yes. It was on earlier.

The highlights come in two parts, it seems. No doubt, you can catch up with the programme somehow.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 12:37pm
I watched on the Premier Player app casting onto the tellybox via Chromecast - saw the Cardiff game live, Ospreys & Scarlets games On Demand.

All looked good - match presentation was great for the opening weekend, I thought - using the big screens in the corner of the grounds was really neat, although may be problematic when cold liquid sunshine starts pouring from the skies.

Interesting to see ads for Scarlets season tickets in the ad breaks - not sure if these were shown on all channels or just me - having selected 'Scarlets' as the team I follow, it could have been serving specific ads to sections of the viewing audience.

One big issue was not being able to fast forward or rewind any of the coverage once I started casting -I could only pause & play, so I had to watch every second of coverage, analysis and ads, and, if I stopped casting to control the playback, it went back to the very start of the programme once I recommenced casting. Angry

Not sure if this is a bug, something they'll work on or simply a 'feature' of their app - it'll be highly irritating if it doesn't get fixed.

I'm also waiting for Premier Sports to get back to me on the 'First Month Free' launch offer - I signed up the week before, didn't I. Confused

Edited by NobbySosban - 03 September 2018 at 12:38pm
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

I watched on the Premier Player app casting onto the tellybox via Chromecast

How do you find the picture quality from a chromecast compared to a subscribed HD feed on the TV?
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

How do you find the picture quality from a chromecast compared to a subscribed HD feed on the TV?

Seemed as good as, or better, than HD on my 8 year old HUMAX Freesat box - on the app, you can choose from 3 definition levels: low 360p, medium 540p & high 720p. I watched on high - it probably doesn't bear close inspection (ie - if I stand 6 inches from the TV screen), but then action sports rarely do on my telly.

On a phone or tablet, it looks very good.

KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 2:14pm

Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Seemed as good as, or better, than HD on my 8 year old HUMAX Freesat box - on the app, you can choose from 3 definition levels: low 360p, medium 540p & high 720p. I watched on high - it probably doesn't bear close inspection (ie - if I stand 6 inches from the TV screen), but then action sports rarely do on my telly.

On a phone or tablet, it looks very good.

Thanks, that's good to hear.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Anyone know?
Yes. It was on earlier.

The highlights come in two parts, it seems. No doubt, you can catch up with the programme somehow.

Thanks - I'll try to watch it during the week.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 2:18pm

I watched on the Premier Player app casting onto the tellybox via Chromecast - saw the Cardiff game live, Ospreys & Scarlets games On Demand.

All looked good - match presentation was great for the opening weekend, I thought - using the big screens in the corner of the grounds was really neat, although may be problematic when cold liquid sunshine starts pouring from the skies.

Interesting to see ads for Scarlets season tickets in the ad breaks - not sure if these were shown on all channels or just me - having selected 'Scarlets' as the team I follow, it could have been serving specific ads to sections of the viewing audience.

One big issue was not being able to fast forward or rewind any of the coverage once I started casting -I could only pause & play, so I had to watch every second of coverage, analysis and ads, and, if I stopped casting to control the playback, it went back to the very start of the programme once I recommenced casting. Angry

Not sure if this is a bug, something they'll work on or simply a 'feature' of their app - it'll be highly irritating if it doesn't get fixed.

I'm also waiting for Premier Sports to get back to me on the 'First Month Free' launch offer - I signed up the week before, didn't I. Confused

That's odd - I had the 'usual' time-line at the bottom of the screen (for a completed game - the Blues one) which, as usual, allowed me to skip forwards to a particular time - some guesswork involved when missing out half-time comments, but no biggie. If I was you, I'd try again with a game from the weekend, to see if you can get the timeline by clicking, etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic