Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for Connacht?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2018 at 8:43pm
Blades fitness doesnt concern me too much the first 12 weeks of the Super Rugby 2018 season he only racked up barely 70 mins. 

From week 13-21 he started 5 games, and benched 3

Of the 5 starts he played full games x 3 and then off 67th and 59th minute. 

Of the 3 bench games he came on 68th, 58th and 55th which included 10 mins in the sin bin.

The mans got plenty in the tank!!!!!! (hopefully) 
Sponsored Links

Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2018 at 9:17pm
Most players when they join the Scarlets are given some time to adapt to the training regime of the Scarlets

Cummings, Bulbring, Asquith, all had some time off getting "fit".

We were quite short for the 1st game so Clayton had to play, and he did ok.

I am sure those who have read my posts in the past have noticed that I have said on many times that supporters, think too much into situations and over react. 

When you think of the position the Scarlets were under after Match 1 Patchell injured and Dan Jones a walking wounded we needed a goal kicker so Halfpenny had to play, so Clayton was unlikely to play.

He has only missed 2 matches, and when I heard Wayne speak this week about having 10 points after 3 games, you can see the common sense & man management coming from him.

This is a marathon of a season,not a sprint.

What I am really concerned about is Cubby, we may be without our 2 1st choice wing forwards from last season for months.

Now that is a real problem!!!

Edited by Dai38 - 18 September 2018 at 9:17pm
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2018 at 9:40pm
Clayton was the standout player in preseason, hardly think its a fitness issue.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2018 at 6:43am
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

Clayton was the standout player in preseason, hardly think its a fitness issue.
It is a fitness issue
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2018 at 8:21am
For me if he is available would be great to see Rawlins start, his line speed in defence and big tackles were inspiraitonal last year and certainly put teams on the back foot
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2018 at 8:48am
In reference to Clayton, Pivac says that players are expected to be a certain 'shape'. This probably means he is either expected to gain or lose a couple of pounds, or maybe gain or lose a couple of pounds in a certain area.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2018 at 11:46am
O.T. : Benetton send a mail to Pro14 board about saturday ref and how it was horrendus....
Ref in pro14 is a real trouble...
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2018 at 11:57am
Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

In reference to Clayton, Pivac says that players are expected to be a certain 'shape'. This probably means he is either expected to gain or lose a couple of pounds, or maybe gain or lose a couple of pounds in a certain area.

What, like a square or something? LOLLOLLOL The lad has his work cut out to be honest, it's not easy shape shifting from a triangle to a rectangle, let alone a rectangle to an isosceles triangle ConfusedConfusedConfused
Scarlets!!!
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2018 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Mr Ian Mr Ian wrote:

O.T. : Benetton send a mail to Pro14 board about saturday ref and how it was horrendus....
Ref in pro14 is a real trouble...

Well we can't say that we haven't had our issues with Lloyd Linton, Aaron Shingler yellow card at Blues two seasons ago. From the supporters meeting with Paul Adams, the WRU head of referees last season, it is clear that clubs can raise issues, and that Greg Garner, head of Pro14 referees will look at the incidents that Benetton have highlighted. 

I believe that Garner did come out in support of Edinburgh following their defeat in Belfast. I believe that there was a clear case of crossing in one of Ulster's tries.

Seems as though they are being more open these days. You may also remember that Alain Rolland made it clear after the England v Wales game that Anscombe did get to the ball fist and so his try should have stood.
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2018 at 12:11pm
I think it's hate the refs season, many coaches are complaining about them from every leagues, Aviva, Pro 14 & French 14.

Who would be a ref !!!! 
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2018 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

I think it's hate the refs season, many coaches are complaining about them from every leagues, Aviva, Pro 14 & French 14.

Who would be a ref !!!! 

I've said it before & I have said it again.

Rather than have separate Pro 14, Top 14 & GP officials, form a European pool of officials who can referee any of the top European leagues & Cup competitions. Will help to reduce complaints about standards in competitions & also will help bring consistency between league & the HC & Challenge Cup competitions.
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2018 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

Who would be a ref !!!! 

I've said it before & I have said it again.

Rather than have separate Pro 14, Top 14 & GP officials, form a European pool of officials who can referee any of the top European leagues & Cup competitions. Will help to reduce complaints about standards in competitions & also will help bring consistency between league & the HC & Challenge Cup competitions.
I think this would be a very good idea. Could also potentially help with the issue of bias as there will be a larger pool to select from for matches, although I do accept that many of the current issues have been put down to limiting travel costs rather than anything else, i.e Welsh refs reffing Welsh teams, Irish refs reffing Irish teams etc etc.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2018 at 1:19pm
I believe that in the Ulster v Edinburgh match the TMO was the issue. Surely with the technology available to us, for, say a PRO14 match at PyS, the TMO could be a Frenchman sitting in Paris.

Edited by ap sior - 19 September 2018 at 1:21pm
sospanman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sospanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2018 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

I believe that in the Ulster v Edinburgh match the TMO was the issue. Surely with the technology available to us, for, say a PRO14 match at PyS, the TMO could be a Frenchman sitting in Paris.

Surely not! Wasn't it Ulster's 16th man?
Ymlaen Llanelli Scarlets
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2018 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by sospanman sospanman wrote:

Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Surely not! Wasn't it Ulster's 16th man?

The TMO was Ollie Hodges IRFU.

Edited by ap sior - 19 September 2018 at 1:37pm
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2018 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Seems like fitness is lower down the priority list in SA than Wales.

If he was in low shape coming here, a few pre season weeks would not be enough to get him up to speed with the rest of the squad.

He seemed fit enough against us last season and he is no porker that's for sure! However, its good that its being addressed and he is responding

He has been known to have a bit of a bola when his diet slips. He’s probably fallen foul of the calliper body fat test.

I’m sure he’ll be fine once he adjusts to what’s expected here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic