Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets team vs. Ospreys (h)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigRed1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

think we missed foxeys defence in the 13 channel. our blitz defence was passive 1st half. we have led with shingler or lewis Rawlins flying out close in cutting down space. then have used foxey out wide. but we missed all 3 and I think we are still adjusting our defensive system.

That is spot on. Foxy is the leader of our wide defensive system; both he and Scott are very adept at keeping the width and spotting the chance to blitz and stop attacking opportunities. Foxy's blitz on Barrit for the Lions was a classic example. 

Aaron is the leader close in & we are still working to get Kennedy up to speed in that role. I have noticed that Cawdor is blitzing the 10/12 channel far more this year. This tactic requires great pace & stamina so fair play to him on that. 

If I was the Racing coach I would have spotted how many times this season we have been caught narrow & try to exploit the 13/wing channel. Foxy at 13 will help shore that up. In addition having Foxy at 13 helps the wings stay wider as they have every confidence that he will cope.

Any news on Shingler? How long is he out for? Shingler's speed around the park is sorely missed.
Foxy back for the Euro's will shore up our defence and our ttackingoptions.
BigRed
Sponsored Links

BigRed1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigRed1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by BigRed1 BigRed1 wrote:

think we missed foxeys defence in the 13 channel. our blitz defence was passive 1st half. we have led with shingler or lewis Rawlins flying out close in cutting down space. then have used foxey out wide. but we missed all 3 and I think we are still adjusting our defensive system.

That is spot on. Foxy is the leader of our wide defensive system; both he and Scott are very adept at keeping the width and spotting the chance to blitz and stop attacking opportunities. Foxy's blitz on Barrit for the Lions was a classic example. 

Aaron is the leader close in & we are still working to get Kennedy up to speed in that role. I have noticed that Cawdor is blitzing the 10/12 channel far more this year. This tactic requires great pace & stamina so fair play to him on that. 

If I was the Racing coach I would have spotted how many times this season we have been caught narrow & try to exploit the 13/wing channel. Foxy at 13 will help shore that up. In addition having Foxy at 13 helps the wings stay wider as they have every confidence that he will cope.

Any news on Shingler? How long is he out for? Shingler's speed around the park is sorely missed.

Oops! No opionto edit?
ttackingoptions = attacking options. Embarrassed
BigRed
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 12:46pm

Quite so - Foxy has pace and power, plus excellent judgement in defence - so I'd expect us to be a lot more solid when he's back so that 1/2p won't have so much ground to cover.Wink

As for Cawdor - he gets flak for his kicking game, but maybe people don't realise how much work he does disrupting the opposition with his blitz plays in defence. Plus, of course, the other team must always beware of the possibility of his interceptions...
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 12:47pm

Oops! No opionto edit?
ttackingoptions = attacking options. Embarrassed

Mate - you can easily edit your posts using the 'Post Options' button.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
daveoda View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

The Ospreys defence was excellent.

We found it incredibly difficult to break them down. Their tries came a little too easily for my liking.
i think that may have something to do with their part-time Wales coach Shaun Edwards
YMLAEN SCARLETS!!!
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 1:10am
Anyone can tell me the fans forum (i.e. ScarletFever equiv) of the [beep]spreys? I want to read what tosh they are saying about the game.
Scarlets before Wales
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 1:10am
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Anyone can tell me the fans forum (i.e. ScarletFever equiv) of the [beep]spreys? I want to read what tosh they are saying about the game.

Testing: to toss a coin
Scarlets before Wales
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 8:27am
can they read??? (only joking).
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
BigRed1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigRed1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 8:51am

If only our kicks had gone over. After all we outscored the Scarlets three tries to two.
That is what the Spreys are saying.Wink

BigRed
BigRed1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigRed1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 2:26pm
Tom Prydie will be a big loss against racing. He has improved with every outing and is now a very reliable 'back' three. Very good under the high ball and quite aggressive on defence and attack.
I personally would not be surprised to see him recalled to the Wales squad if his injury is not too serious.
BigRed
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 2:58pm

It truly doesn't matter, leave them in their own little feathery world. At the end of the day we won, and should of won by a lot more. If Nige No Cards had gone to his pocket when he should we would of run riot. As it was we had them buy the gonads from 35 minutes onwards and were beginning to squeeze, it was only the ref and them giving away penalties as a defence that saved them what could of been quite an embarrassing score line at the end of the day.

They are a mediocre team with mediocre ambitions typified by them sending lambs to the slaughter in Munster (i'd be disgusted if we ever did that). If they want to believe that the ref lost them that game, brilliant because it masks over how poor they really were from 35 minutes onwards and all this hohar about AWJ and Tips, well we won that game up front, we comprehensively out muscled them.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

It truly doesn't matter, leave them in their own little feathery world. At the end of the day we won, and should of won by a lot more. If Nige No Cards had gone to his pocket when he should we would of run riot. As it was we had them buy the gonads from 35 minutes onwards and were beginning to squeeze, it was only the ref and them giving away penalties as a defence that saved them what could of been quite an embarrassing score line at the end of the day.

They are a mediocre team with mediocre ambitions typified by them sending lambs to the slaughter in Munster (i'd be disgusted if we ever did that). If they want to believe that the ref lost them that game, brilliant because it masks over how poor they really were from 35 minutes onwards and all this hohar about AWJ and Tips, well we won that game up front, we comprehensively out muscled them.

Check out our team last season for Edinburgh away then
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

You realise that we had semi final of europe the following week, judgement day the week after then our home 1/4 final? it was more of less a dud game. Thats not sending the lambs to slaughter 

Edited by Owen111 - 09 October 2018 at 6:07pm
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

You realise that we had semi final of europe the following week, judgement day the week after then our home 1/4 final? it was more of less a dud game. Thats not sending the lambs to slaughter 

Precisely, we didn't not send our first team because we didn't think we had a chance of winning, we sent our second team because we had bigger fish to fry. We were already guaranteed a play off place.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 8:40pm
ClapClapClap

Precisely, we didn't not send our first team because we didn't think we had a chance of winning, we sent our second team because we had bigger fish to fry. We were already guaranteed a play off place.

Enough double negatives for Derek Bevan to be proud of.
https://youtu.be/4rG-vYJc1jw?t=5
ClapClapClap

Edited by ScarletBear - 09 October 2018 at 8:44pm
Scarlets before Wales
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 8:50pm

ClapClapClap

Enough double negatives for Derek Bevan to be proud of.
https://youtu.be/4rG-vYJc1jw?t=5
ClapClapClap

Ha brilliant, I made the same analogy as I was reading it back but then didn't not have the will or inclination to change it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic