Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brad Mooar - New head coach

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_RICHARDS_94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2018 at 9:12am
Exciting times ahead at Scarlets. Young and promising coach with plenty of top level experience. It will definitely take him a while to settle and I don't expect much from his first season.

He could also bring some of his All Blacks boys with him...

All Blacks captain Kieran Read has all but confirmed he will leave New Zealand after next year's Rugby World Cup - although where he will go is to be decided. TVNZ

Done deal I'd say! Handshake

Writer for The Rugby Club
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2018 at 9:18am
Whilst I am on record as saying that due to the Project Reset deal proposed we are now shopping in Waitrose not Aldi we are not yet in the Harrods category where the likes of Mr Read are available. Taufua possibly.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2018 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by Exkixu Exkixu wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by Exkixu Exkixu wrote:

On paper it seems a good appointment.

I'll reserve my judgement though until I see what is done about our forwards both in terms of players and coaching, as it remains our Achilles heel.

It’s hardly Achilles Heel. We have performed brilliantly for several years . Give the club a break man. We are missing Shingler and James Davies and Samson on top of Barclay and Beirne who have left us. Yes we need to further improve the forwards but our forwards have been great for us and served us well. I am sure this is being looked at.

We surprised everyone two years ago and for a few games at the end of the season noone could live with us. 

Teams started to react to our gameplay last year (when we still had Beirne, Barclay, Cubby and Shingler)
We played well , extremely well in patches but we hardly reached the heights from the previous season.

I think there is something missing in the coaching set up as well as in terms of the squad, injuries and (obviously) gone players notwithstanding.

I do agree that we seem to have been sussed out so need more invention so this new guy will be good for us

I don't think it is sussed out. I think it's more that we don't have the players - Beirne, Barclay, Scott, Liam, DTH, Aled gone and with Cubby and Aaron injured. That is a LOT of quality missing.
Scarlets before Wales
spinner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2018 at 5:39pm
He's just being groomed for the Wales job.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
  Share Topic