Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nigel Owens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nigel Owens
    Posted: 06 October 2018 at 5:22pm
I hate doing this because it is pretty much what the guy wants from any game he refs but I have to say that was absolutely the worst reffing display I have ever seen from him. Having won the game I hope I speak from a position of strength but he ruined the game and I simply can’t understand his reading of key moments in that game.

Any other ref and MINIMUM the Ospreys get two cards.

I hope that the review of the game means he doesn’t show his fave at the Liberty.
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
Sponsored Links

tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 5:25pm
Same old same old from Nigel when he refs us.
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 5:28pm
Will watch with non beer goggle eyes tomorrow to comment with clear reflection
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 5:29pm
absolute joke of an official... time to hang up the cards now... 2 blatant yellow cards, nothing given. He tried his best throughout the game to play us off the park...

to me that performance was the worse biased performance I have ever seen by an official....

The ospreys had about 4 final warnings.
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by scarletabroad scarletabroad wrote:

Will watch with non beer goggle eyes tomorrow to comment with clear reflection

well don't let the kids watch it, because his performance should be rated 18...
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 5:36pm
He was crap simple as , he refused to card any of the Ospreys players always coming up with a reason not to
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 5:50pm
How we never had a penalty try I'll never know
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 5:56pm
And by contrast, look how disciplined we were. Only two penalties conceded I believe. BTW Tipuric's 'body check' on Hadleigh was a no arms shoulder to the neck area.
Nigel also ignored a call from the assistant just after his first final warning.

Give credit to our boys, no histrionics, simply got on with the game. Nigel even seemed reluctant to penalise Tips for the high tackle on HC.

Bad day at the office Nige.
Joshua24:15
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 6:02pm
He was also side tracked after his 'final warning' when AWJ started a confrontation under their posts.

We should have been a bit more streetwise there, passed the ball away and ignored him to speed things up. It was a neat way for the O's to draw some breath. They were out on their feet !
gorau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 6:17pm
I hope the Scarlets write a review about Nigel's performance. It was a disgrace.

4 times he gave Ospreys a final warning, and told Tipuric next time 'You'll get a card'.

And after that, Ospreys went offside when we were in the 22, the dragged a player in a line out, Luke Morgan with a deliberate knock on, Tipuric kicking the ball out a ruck and then Tipuric with a high shot. And yet no cards! 

Nigel was despicable. An awful referring performance. And every time he made excuses for the Ospreys. The worst telling Ken after the Ospreys went offside, we don't have a player's number. There are cameras everywhere. 

Nigel was crap! He seems to have the WRU in his pocket. The Scarlets should complain to the league directors and the WRU.

eds
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by gorau gorau wrote:

I hope the Scarlets write a review about Nigel's performance. It was a disgrace.

4 times he gave Ospreys a final warning, and told Tipuric next time 'You'll get a card'.

And after that, Ospreys went offside when we were in the 22, the dragged a player in a line out, Luke Morgan with a deliberate knock on, Tipuric kicking the ball out a ruck and then Tipuric with a high shot. And yet no cards! 

Nigel was despicable. An awful referring performance. And every time he made excuses for the Ospreys. The worst telling Ken after the Ospreys went offside, we don't have a player's number. There are cameras everywhere. 

Nigel was crap! He seems to have the WRU in his pocket. The Scarlets should complain to the league directors and the WRU.

Did he look for a number ?

gorau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 6:32pm
Nope. He just said we have no number
eds
GreyScarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreyScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 6:37pm
I generally rate Nigel Owens very highly, and accept a few 'errors' over decisions that I felt were incorrect/missed.

Today the refusal to penalise penalty after penalty in the red zone was shocking, as was the deliberate knock on.

SO glad we won, as I don't generally go for the 'we was robbed' comments.

Today I think that he turned a potentially comfortable win into what was a game where the Ospreys were flattered by the score line.
Virtually perfect rugby - 1992/93
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 6:38pm
I've completely lost my respect for Nigel Owens as his refereeing was an absolute disgrace, deliberate knock-ons and high tackles only received several warnings and no yellow cards! Thankfully we showed we were the better team without his biased performance! UnhappyDisapprove
"YMA O HYD"
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 6:40pm
Tips staying on for the full 80 was a masterclass in referee influencing.
I take my hat off to him.

As predicted, a win, whilst we still aren’t fluid, we fell back on the talent in the team to get us through.

Winning is great mind.

Champagne moment was Blade taking AWJ back over the Loughor whilst leaving his boots at Y Parc...oof.

maldwyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maldwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 6:42pm
Owens should be kept away from derby's.. Simple.
Up the bum no harm done.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic