Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nigel Owens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 6:46pm
Oh dear Nig....

What a shocker

You are and always have been an Ospreys fan, but today it was blatant.
Give Blood, Play Rugby
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by maldwyn maldwyn wrote:

Owens should be kept away from derby's.. Simple.

Basically this, he’s proven not to have the emotional intelligence to keep his normally pretty diligent adjudication in balance in these games...
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 6:54pm

Probably the worst refereeing performance in Parc Y Scarlets history,utter embarrassment ...
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 6:54pm
It’s funny how we often win convincingly against the Ospreys when we have someone other than that twonk refereeing. It’s always the same with him, it’s always the Nigella show, it’s almost like he enjoys playing the pantomime villain.
He must be loving all of this debate and deliberation over the game and in particular his performance. Yes, he should stand asides and leave someone else referee this fixture in future, but let’s face it, he has the WRU in his pocket and enjoys the controversy which tends to follow him and this particular fixture in the rugby calendar. He believes that he is untouchable as an official, and that’s a worry.
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 7:03pm
The best in the world. LOL
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 7:12pm
I thought we had the rub of the green at the breakdown, he was certainly calling ruck a bit too early sometimes and that helped us control the second half and go through the phases. He may have done the same for the O's had they had any ball mind.

The yellow cards on the other hand...
1 Xavier Rush   2 Rhys Priestland   3 David Lyons   Cardiff Blues - Scarlets, 26/09/09      

More carries than any of our forwards. Priestland Fan Club Proud Member
scarlets 4eva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarlets 4eva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 7:14pm
Fact of the matter is we had our tails up for more or less all of the second half and I think if they had a couple of cards which they deserved we could have run riot and got a bonus point which could be important towards the end of the season. Nigel was like a kid looking for excuses every time they were infringing in the second half. Shame on Nigel. Best in the world? My a**e
SCARLET FEVER TV - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7pGq1i2jhev2YLcZ89h7Q/videos
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 7:17pm
Knock on by Morgan.

Couldn't see clearly in the stadium, was the palm of his hand facing up or down ?

Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 7:19pm
Down
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 7:29pm
Does that matter? He had no chance of the interception.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by John John wrote:

Does that matter? He had no chance of the interception.

Usually John, if the palm is facing up then the player is deemed to have been trying to catch the ball. However you don't catch a ball when the palm is facing down. 

If therefore the palm was facing down he deliberately knocked on, hence YC, and as he was the last man penalty try.
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 7:40pm
Just read the comments of the coaches. Ospreys hard done by apparently. So both coaches think Nigel was pants. Good game Nige
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 7:40pm
I think the O’S were truly blessed by Nigel, but he got this one just about right in my view. Morgan went to intercept it, had no choice as it was a 3-1 overlap, and his attempt looked like he was hoping to knock it up and gallop the length of the field.
In all honesty he shouldn’t have even had a chance, we delayed the key pass.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 7:45pm
at one point shane williams on commentary cracked me up , he agreed a few times that yellow cards should have been shown by owens and said...."Thats nigels final final warning, a bit like my last last game and my last last try lol LOL
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I think the O’S were truly blessed by Nigel, but he got this one just about right in my view. Morgan went to intercept it, had no choice as it was a 3-1 overlap, and his attempt looked like he was hoping to knock it up and gallop the length of the field.
In all honesty he shouldn’t have even had a chance, we delayed the key pass.

Have to disagree william, he had zero chance of an intercept with that 1 outstretched arm and the other arm was nowhere to be seen, ruined a definite try
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 7:50pm
Ospreys are complaining about Owens, questioning his decisions in penalising them too much... I kid you not...
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic