Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 9:38am
Prefer Blade's reaction to that of Moriarty's in the Dragons game-looked a complete liability and surprised Jackman didn't get him off the field quickly as the ref had had it up to his neck in his backchat. As to Blade, top effort !Clap
Sponsored Links

minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

I just thought he injured himself slightly. The players came over to congratulate him on the hit but he was still in pain. His celebration post tackle would counter my argument though, but maybe the adrenalin had dropped off by then?? Can't see someone getting so emotional about that. 

He dropped to his knees and looked the sky before bowing his head, it all looked very dramatic and emotional, and it looked genuine too. A few players whispered to him as if to ask if he was ok. 
He's posted a tribute on Instagram to someone who's close to him that has passed away young. Think it must be related to that.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 1:39pm
Sorry to hear that.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 1:58pm
He's an absolute gem. So chuffed he's a Scarlet. That tackle on AWJ will live long in the memory.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

I just thought he injured himself slightly. The players came over to congratulate him on the hit but he was still in pain. His celebration post tackle would counter my argument though, but maybe the adrenalin had dropped off by then?? Can't see someone getting so emotional about that. 

He dropped to his knees and looked the sky before bowing his head, it all looked very dramatic and emotional, and it looked genuine too. A few players whispered to him as if to ask if he was ok. 
He's posted a tribute on Instagram to someone who's close to him that has passed away young. Think it must be related to that.

I thought it must have been something like this, his body language was far deeper than just a routine derby win....
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 8:25pm

I thought it must have been something like this, his body language was far deeper than just a routine derby win....

there's no such thing as a ROUTINE derby win....
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

there's no such thing as a ROUTINE derby win....

there is when you are using the term as a snub to your rivals after a win....Wink

Edited by Speedy - 08 October 2018 at 8:43pm
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 12:29pm
Just read Pivac's assessment of the Blade issue. He has played with huge pride and no end of ability since arriving and his desire to keep the sad news from the rest of the team until after the game is testimony to this guys team ethic. We have signed a quality player but more importantly a quality human being. 
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 12:32pm
Here's why Blade was so emotional after the game on Saturday:

Fair play to him, to produce a performance like that after receiving such devastating news is a huge credit to the man he is.

Edited by PritchyTheScarlet - 09 October 2018 at 12:33pm
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 12:50pm
He is a great player and man...Im so happy to have him with us!!!
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 2:54pm
Total respect for Blade - it's very hard to stay focused in those circumstances.

He's a hell of a player, and a hell of a man.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Just read Pivac's assessment of the Blade issue. He has played with huge pride and no end of ability since arriving and his desire to keep the sad news from the rest of the team until after the game is testimony to this guys team ethic. We have signed a quality player but more importantly a quality human being. 
Amen to that. 
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
gorau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 4:59pm
One word to sum up Blade for me... Heroic!

My thoughts go to him and to those affected by the loss of his friend.
eds
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 5:19pm
 Great effort by Blade !!! at such a difficult time for him personally ..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic