Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So onto Europe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 6:06pm
so is our european 23 stronger or weaker than last season?

weve lost scott w, taighe , aled and barclay
but gained cummins, blade, kennedy, price, hidalgo, clayton and the return of the fox 

biggest lost is scott imho

ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 6:20pm
I would say Tadhg is our biggest loss
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

O'Brien has greater pace, acceleration and ability to beat a man. He is also not averse to chipping over the top of a rush-defence, which if done occasionally, early on, tends to slow the rush down as they become unsure whether they will be able to carry on charging or will have to stop, turn to and defend an awkwardly bouncing chip.
 If you take Phil Bennett and Stephen Jones as the two pinnacles of Scarlets 10s then Dan is more of the Stevo mould and Angus is more like Phil. Which you choose depends on the type of game you want to play, but I think it's Dan's current form that's given Angus the opportunity.

What's wrong with Dan's current form? He is playing all for the "A" team isn't he? we
Keep the faith
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Mundoscarlet Mundoscarlet wrote:

Without doubt. You can see it aready.
Scarlets before Wales
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Without doubt. You can see it aready. And he scored a try for Munster on the weekend. What a ferocious contest that was on the weekend.
Scarlets before Wales
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Without doubt. You can see it aready.

Yes, indeed. We are missing our three best jackals from last season ATM - Tadgh, Barclay and Cubby. TBF, I think we improved at the breakdown v Ospreys compared to some earlier games - maybe due to Boyde (? - I'd have to watch it again!), but still not winning turnovers at the rate we did last season.

As for Dan or O'Brien... I just know what Dan can do... O'Brien is a bit of an unknown quantity. Time will tell which one deserves the no.2 slot behind Patch.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

but gained cummins, blade, kennedy, price, hidalgo, clayton and the return of the fox 

Beirne is without doubt our biggest loss.
DropOut22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DropOut22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 10:00pm
Wayne might think of a 6/2 split on the bench. Back row of blade, macleod, boyde?
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

I think it's a stronger squad, Foxy is better than scott, SHC is better than aled, blade offers more in attack than barclay and is showing up well in the physicality stakes
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 12:29am
We sure as hell are leaking a lot of easy tries through the centre which I think people didn't realise how much work Scott did for us with his organising of the line.
saundersfootscarlets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 1:02am
2 of the tries on Saturday were from out wide, their 2 wingers were both dangerous , perhaps .Johnny came in too much as well , the first try was through the middle but it was a clever pass from Sam Davies and Rhys was down injured at the same time.
Hopefully this is an area they can work on.
saundersfoot scarlets
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 1:17am
Tadhg was a freak player in freak form, he is without doubt our biggest loss.

But having no cubby and shingler at the moment is a bigger loss as they are both great footballers and cracking defenders.

4 points a must, 5 points would be plenty on Saturday.

With Ulster being in such poor form and Leicester not what they were, 5 points on Sat could put us in a great position before Christmas.
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 2:29am
I can't help but feel we are still a little unstructured in our play. Not in the sense that we like to disrupt and counter-attack, but that our attack isn't motoring like it has the past two years, no doubt a function of so many new personnel, but also we haven't got to grips with the lack of jackalling. Also our defence isn't as solid as previous years. It's more like we have lost our identity a little bit and are trying to re-establish it. It's not a mile off, but I fell like to compensate, our backs are trying to do too much on their own and not part of a team. I'm nervous of the French, but I was against the Os too. Thankfully Racing are inconsistent, and Leinster and Ulster not the forces they were but still strong enough to beat us.
Scarlets before Wales
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 11:09am
Tom Prydie is out injured, seeing surgeon this week to determine the extent of the shoulder injury he suffered against the Ospreys. Doesn't sound good.

Edited by NobbySosban - 09 October 2018 at 11:09am
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 11:11am
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

Tom Prydie is out injured, seeing surgeon this week to determine the extent of the shoulder injury he suffered against the Ospreys. Doesn't sound good.

That should see Steff come in then.

I would say, though of course it's my own opinion, that if Ioan is picked ahead of Steff then there is something more going on that we know about...
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

That should see Steff come in then.

I would say, though of course it's my own opinion, that if Ioan is picked ahead of Steff then there is something more going on that we know about...

I'm with you on that. Steff surely will get the nod ahead of Ioan. Don't get me wrong Ioan is a solid reliable player but he is not capable of turning a game like Steff. I don't believe that Finn Russell is the general supreme that Sexton is so I would risk Steff's defence for his ability in attack. The other option, of course, is Asquith who would be my choice if Steff is still not deemed ready. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic